Hostal Antiguo Reviews

CL 52 A CR 55 45, Medellin, Colombia

We got the advice to stay in this Hostal from an other traveller and although the area around this hostal is rough wirh the homeless and addicted people we didn't feel uncomfortable. It is less than 10 minutes walk from the Plaza de Botero, so very close to the centre and the metro. We enjoyed our stay a lot. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen are very clean and the house looks so beautiful at the inside. If you really want to feel downtown Medellin don't hesitate to stay a few days in this hostal

• 23rd Jan 2016

Great local location for people tired of Poblado. Close to metro, museums, supermarkets, an awesome walking street! The staff is lovely too! Not too many shared showers tho!

Very nice hostel in the center of town but the center of town is very sketchy and dangerous. Walking around our neighborhood we saw many people shooting up and prostitutes everywhere. It was a nice hostel other then that. Also not much to do at night near this hostel.

Truly the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff were so attentive and friendly. The beds were so comfortable, the dorm room was large and spacious so felt private also. The kitchen was fantastic, cleaner than my own! This made cooking a pleasure. The homeless park outside genuinely made for a more authentic experience, I did not feel at threat at all. The central location was perfect! I look forward to coming back!! Thank you!

• 16th Jan 2016

Great hostel located near many major attractions in Medellin. Good wifi and clean bathrooms, staff is very helpful and friendly. Absolutely recommended for anyone traveling thru the city

We loved staying here! The neighborhood wasn't very safe at night, but the hostel was very safe. I came with 4 friends. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were clean. We really enjoyed it.

The best hostel in Medellin, bar none.Lots of hot showers(needs more than2)..Wifi iffy,as it is in most hostels,but this hostel is tops.Have sympathy or the poor homeless close by.They are so unhealthy and weak and do not pose a risk.Give them a doggy bag on your way home from some of the over generous restaurants-and overpriced-that you will come across in the Poblado area.Is close to Excellent Botero's sculptures and magnificent museum.Area outside is a hive of activity wit some street theatre

Great hostel, near the downtown area (5-10 min walk tops), including the Museo de Antioquia, and the Metro system. Fast Wifi, VERY nice bathroom with hot water. Highly recommended. The area around it is kind shady, but just apply common sense, you will be fine.

When they say 'authentic experience,' you better believe it. Inside the hostel is delightful. Really good renovation with a nice, pleasant vibe. The park just out the door has a group of homeless. You are dead center of 'downtown,' where no one actually lives; therefore this is where this stuff happens. Other than that it's fine. You're close to a train station and other decent stuff.

Definitely one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. Cool atmosphere, great staff, very clean. Great design, all facilities are high quality and designed very well. Only thing is the neighborhood, I've been to some dodgy places, but this neighborhood is pretty sketchy.

The hostel is just perfect. Inside it doesn't look like a hostel, but like a very good hotel. The only problem is the location. It is perfect, because it is very close to the centre, but the centre is not really safe. Just don't come back late alone. I couldn't feel the backpackers' atmosphere, it's a bit quiet there, but very nice and clean. The best hostel I've ever been to at this price.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Poland

This was the nicest hostel I've ever been in and for the normal price of $12 a night! It feels like a luxury hotel and everything works so well and is so clean and comfortable. It's very central but in a dodgey area so just come here to relax and explore during the day, don't be out too late at night in this area.

Very nice boutique hostal. Quietly located in the city center. The neibourghood gets not so nice in the evening, be wise and take a cab.

Best hostel we've stayed in! Staff couldn't have been more helpful. We arrived late and rather than letting us go out to get cash to pay for some food they ordered us some and paid for it and told us to give it back another time. So clean and cosy and they have everything we could have needed. Couldn't recommend it higher!

Best hostel I've stayed in. If you want to avoid the loud, crowed Medellin party scene, this is the place.

• 31st Oct 2015

The main problem for me is the location, actually is really dangerous, but if you will go in taxi you don't have any problem and it's really comfortable and they've a really good atmosphere. If you will go walking you don't need to call the attention.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel itself was great. It was clean, enough space, the staff was really helpful and kind. There is a clean big kitchen, enough lounge spaces and the rooms were comfy and clean. The only downside was the neighbourhood in downtown. It was interesting to stay for a day or two to take in the local flavour and the "real" downtown and I enjoyed it, but at night it does get quite deserted except for the shady bars and areas around so I preferred Poblado area to go out myself.