Hostal Antiguo Reviews

CL 52 A CR 55 45, Medellin, Colombia

Really nice place and excellent value for obey. Central location so good to go different places. Would come back!

A wonderful hostel in a not so great area. It is in the city center near many cultural sites which was great, but it's not the safest area, especially at night. However, it is near the metro so it's easy to get to other parts of the city quickly. Our experience here was fantastic. The atmosphere is peaceful, the kitchen and bathrooms are great. The rooms were extremely clean with an outlet and reading light at each bed. Nice big lockers. I would highly recommend!

Really a stunning hostel - it looks more like a boutique hotel than anything else! High ceilings with comfy beds equipped with personal lights and outlets. This place is super clean and the showers are well hot with high pressure. The neighbourhood isn´t filled with the most desirable characters, but since I was in a group I never felt unsafe; however, I might think twice about travelling around at night on my own. You are just a few blocks away from a metro station which is great. Epic kitchen!

Absolutely happy with the place. We were planning to stay one night and ended up staying 3. Never been to such a comfortable hostel. Well done!

Location is in the city - excellent - but the area can be a bit sketchy after dark. The atmosphere is absolutely quiet... but peaceful :) everything else, perfect! Beautiful clean hostel.

The most cultured and sophisticated hostel I have ever been in. There is a corking fee to bring in your own liquor but they have their own bar, so it's cool but not too much of a party. We had the hostel to ourselves one day and felt like kings. There is even a fondue set in the kitchen! Try not to show up at night because the surroundings seem rough at first, but we had no problems going out there at night with minimal valuables. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Medellin.

very nice hostal very clean and everything is new! great wifi!

Loved the design and feel of the place inside. Felt like I was at home and the bathroom was really clean. The only pitfall is the location with lots of homeless people and junkies. I didn't feel safe walking around the area. As females tourists we attracted a lot of unwanted attraction and taxi drivers locked the doors and windows as we approached the area.