Hostal Atacama Tatai's Reviews

Las Parinas 471, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Very nice hostel, nicely decorated and friendly staff. Close to the bus station, great atmosphere and they also offer tours. Unfortunatly, there are no lockers in the rooms but you can still leave your things at the reception. We enjoyed our stay!

love the place hope the bottle of red wine went down a treat!

It was a very modest hostel, and there was no hot water, but I really liked the place and could put up with coldish showers for a few days. If people want a fun vibe and lovely staff, clean rooms and great access to tours and town, I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Great atmosphere at this hostel with campfire at night and chilled out courtyard to relax in during the day. The kitchen facilities were good enough to make a meal but they needed more clean tea towels (difficult to dry dishes and hands without these!). Hot showers most of the time, didn't work one morning. Noise a bit of an issue if staying in the room opposite reception, but they did reduce the noise when asked - appreciated!

Decent hostel for the price. Hostel does a package on a few tours (plus organises others) so you can book easily with them for a decent price. They have a bonfire for people to sit around at night which was nice. Though they are quite nice the staff are not very organised and don't speak much english which can be a problem (they didn't tell me to prepare for the cold for the geysers tour, it was lucky my roommates warned me to dress warmly enough, it was minus 15 degrees when we went).

Friendly staff but sometimes loud music late at night and early morning Great chilled out patio area Kitchen can get crowded! Enjoyed my stay 😊

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Located only a few blocks from the centre of town. Laid back location.

I love this hostel... It's my favorite!

Tatai offers everything you need, with great hot water to have shower. The only problem is the distance of the centre. For a women travelling alone, is not the best option. But despite this, is much better than other hostels in San Pedro de Atacama.

No lockers is a big issue. All the bedrooms face into the main area which is a nightmare if people are drinking/playing music/being loud late at night. Lots of the activities in San Pedro require being up really early!

Bed bugs!! I realized I had bed bugs when I woke up in the morning itching like crazy, I left later that day and saw that someone else was already moved into my bed, the owner didn't change the mattress after I had reported it to him. It's also very loud at night which isn't good if your trying to get sleep to wake up early in the morning for a tour

A great hostel, the staff is very helpful and sociable, and they organize a lot of different tours for a very reasonable package- price! Has a cute courtyard with great atmosphere,which is a natural place to hang out and socialize around the bonfire on the evenings 😊

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels