Hostal Atacama Tatai's Reviews

Las Parinas 471, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

It was a very modest hostel, and there was no hot water, but I really liked the place and could put up with coldish showers for a few days. If people want a fun vibe and lovely staff, clean rooms and great access to tours and town, I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Great atmosphere at this hostel with campfire at night and chilled out courtyard to relax in during the day. The kitchen facilities were good enough to make a meal but they needed more clean tea towels (difficult to dry dishes and hands without these!). Hot showers most of the time, didn't work one morning. Noise a bit of an issue if staying in the room opposite reception, but they did reduce the noise when asked - appreciated!

Decent hostel for the price. Hostel does a package on a few tours (plus organises others) so you can book easily with them for a decent price. They have a bonfire for people to sit around at night which was nice. Though they are quite nice the staff are not very organised and don't speak much english which can be a problem (they didn't tell me to prepare for the cold for the geysers tour, it was lucky my roommates warned me to dress warmly enough, it was minus 15 degrees when we went).

Friendly staff but sometimes loud music late at night and early morning Great chilled out patio area Kitchen can get crowded! Enjoyed my stay 😊

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Located only a few blocks from the centre of town. Laid back location.

I love this hostel... It's my favorite!

Tatai offers everything you need, with great hot water to have shower. The only problem is the distance of the centre. For a women travelling alone, is not the best option. But despite this, is much better than other hostels in San Pedro de Atacama.

Bed bugs!! I realized I had bed bugs when I woke up in the morning itching like crazy, I left later that day and saw that someone else was already moved into my bed, the owner didn't change the mattress after I had reported it to him. It's also very loud at night which isn't good if your trying to get sleep to wake up early in the morning for a tour

A great hostel, the staff is very helpful and sociable, and they organize a lot of different tours for a very reasonable package- price! Has a cute courtyard with great atmosphere,which is a natural place to hang out and socialize around the bonfire on the evenings 😊

Nice little hostel just outside the main area of San Pedro. Rooms were good. We only got cold water in the showers, and the drain were not working properly, so the water did not go away for a while. The staff were great. They offer tours to go out in the desert, which was awesome. Good common areas, with hammocks and benches. Wifi was not the best, but it worked okay in th common areas.

great staff. friendly and helpful. cool little hostel with comfy beds hot showers great wifi and 2 blocks from the main square. fun little town and great hostel. wish i could have stayed longer here.

I really love this hostel! In San Pedro you can mainly do 2 things: take tours to enjoy nature and relax while drinking pisco with new friends you just made in the hostel. Tatai's hostel combines the best tours (book them at the reception!) and an amazing atmosphere to relax during the evening/night (or during the whole day when you are lazy)! Don't look further, this is the hostel you're looking for!

Our booking was confused and we had to move room each day. We were told to move out of the room at 10am and our other room was still not available at 4pm..... which isn´t the best considering that its extremely hot in the middle of the day. Staff were also extremely rude when we wanted to pay by VISA (they say on hostelworld you can) and were talking about us in Spanish, which we can understand completely. The place is dirty, showers are cold and you have to wait a long time for showers. AVOID

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels