Hostal Atenas Reviews

Gran Via de Colon 38-1, 18010, Granada, Spain

This hostel is more like a hotel, and that's why I really loved it so much, you have an incredibly reception looking all the entries to the place, you'll have your own bathroom and also you are near city center and main sight-seeings, the rooms are clean and you have AC... we couldn't ask for more.

The staff was very courteous, and they were willing to help. I was surprised at how nice of a stay it was for the price. I would definitely return!

everything was great, but i personally think it would be better if there was a kettle in the room.

I think this hostel/hotel has got an issue with the heating. I heard other customers complaining and I myself was assigned a room with no heating and without extra bed clothes. At around 5 am I was freezing and couldn't sleep.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Very recommendable!! Excellent location, the room was very nice with a private bathroom. It is a very nice hotel. There are lockers that cost 2 euros. The breakfast is in a cafe next to the hostel and it costs 3 euro.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Wifi is bad in room, sometimes had to go to lobby area to get good connection.

• 3rd Jan 2015

It's not an hostel, so do not expect kitchen, common areas or something like that. It's an hotel converted to an hostel. There were 4 beds in a camera, so close that i cannot pass. Very very very very bad internet.

It's not a hostel it is a 3 star hotel. If you're looking for crazy pub crawls and kitchens to cook your stuff. Get ready to get disappointed. But I liked it

Centrally located in the heart of Granada. Stayed in a 2 bed room with my boyfriend. We were able to have the privacy at a low cost. Not your typical hostal and not the place to go if you want to meet new people but definetely has great rates during the week

This is a hotel, but at a hostel price. No kitchen; no lockers in the rooms. Excellent value for money, nonetheless, and if you don't plan on cooking I highly highly recommend this place. That was the best nights sleep I've had in the last month of backpacking!! Peace, quiet, space, and cleanliness. Thank you

Well it's actually not a hostel, but a hotel (3 spanish stars), showcasing their rooms for rent dramatically discounted in the low season. This means that staff will look at you as you are a homeless cheapskate stealing their food, you'll have no kitchen or other facilities, premium wifi, premium soda cans, premium lockers etc etc. But you'r room would be great for its price (errm, excluding some construction works behind its walls) and it's located in a city centre.

This hostel is more of a hotel. There's no guest kitchen or a kettle to use, and everything (apart from towels and linen) are charged extra, including baggage storage and internet on the lobby computers etc. Other than that, the place is relatively clean, with great views of the city from the upper rooms, a great location on Gran Via Street (a main street in Granada), and Wifi is free. Staff could be a bit friendlier.

it is a hotel with hostel price

The staff weren't so friendly and didn't seem very keen to recommend things to do in the city. Like many past reviews, beware that this is a hotel - good for a couple like us to have some privacy, but wouldn't recommend solo travellers to stay here. Location was very central & right next to Calle Elvira - free tapas with the purchase of a beer at many restaurants along this street and small shops to browse during the day.

It is more like a hotel but in hostel price, actually no atmosphere. The bed is large and it is surpirse seeing a bath in my room, i only expect shower. But is is odd that the staff only clean the room around 3pm, or else it is 5 star for me!

The first impression you get of the hostel, is that the staff is not very friendly. During our stay the staff did not acknowledge us entering in the lobby even to say hello or ask how we were doing. They were not helpful with suggestions for sightseeing but they spoke English so check in was easy and the lobby was staffed at all hours. Location is great - bus stops are close and walkable. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Walls are very thin - you will hear your neighbors.

• 21st Sep 2014

More a hotel than a hostel, otherwise it is just on the street where the bus to the airport stops so if you have to take a flight early morning its an advantage.

This is not a hostel but a part of hotel. The management did not bother about the hostel part i guess. The room was not clean on our arrival and air conditioning was not working. After lots of request and checking the management said it can not work more than that and we had to live there without AC. I will not recommend this hostel to anyone if they have some other option.

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts