Hostal Bakano Backpackers Reviews

Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Loved the location, excellent area to walk around in. Felt like we were being taken care of by the "hostel moms". Quiet during the low season.

• 16th Oct 2014

It's a small hostel. The staff doesn't speak any English but most of them are very friendly. They are very willing to try and communicate with you. It's location is close to most of the major attractions in Bogota. Great place if you want a calm place to stay but not great for meeting other travelers. I didn't have any major problems.

Bakano Hostel was a nice place we're to stay after a long journey through Colombia. .their staff made me feel at home..helping me with all my requirements. .nice atmosphere and it was very well located in the heart of La Candelaria in Bogota. .I shall return. ..Thanks to all you guys! !! Mariqui

• 26th Sep 2014

Staff were very polite and friendly, but only spoke Spanish. The rooms are very, very basic and I moved out after the first night.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Nice hostel, relaxed atmosphere. Excellent bathrooms, very clean and hot water. Private rooms are very basic. Location is excellent, in a quiet street but close to restaurants, bars and monuments.

Great hostel, good atmosphere up stairs in the bar area and good games for all to join also which is great to meet other travellers.

Everything was fine exept the fact that I booked a 4 bed female dorm and finally stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It didn't bother me much and I only had to pay the price for the 6 bed dorm...

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great People, great location.

While the hostel itself seems pleasant enough, we were dismayed with the level of noise in the room and the service provided. Our room - with a door which could not be properly closed - was adjacent to the common area, where one of the staff decided to have loud conversations with visitors until deep into the night, which could be followed word for word in our room. When asked if she could speak a little more softly, agree laughed - laughed! - at us and continued. We will not return here.

A lovely, quite hostel with a staff of wonderful women. The location could not be better.

• 9th Jul 2014

This is a quiet hostel with not a huge amount going on, it was fine, I just feel there would be better places to stay in Bogota. The staff speak no English at all. There were also no beers in the fridge! Terrible stuff.

Staff was absolutely wonderful; probably needs more outlets throughout the hostel, but all in all, fantastic! Would stay again in a heartbeat.

The hostel is excellent. Nothing to add. I have been in different places in Bogota, there are some nice hostels, but i think from service, location, security background: the best! Luis as the owner is so helpful with anything and to anyone. I come definitely back.

The manager was very friendly and helpful.

This place is very special to my heart, The owner went out of his way to show us around and took my back to my old house.

Everything was great, no complaints whatsover. The staff was very helpful and freindly

Nice hostel in a quiet, central location. Clean, lockers for valuables in reception (BYO lock), large dorms. Staff understanding of those of us with very poor Spanish. Nice common areas. Good choice.

This has been a very pleasant experience staying at this hostel, the owner and the staff in general were so kind and helpful in every aspect. I want to mention the excellent services it provides like a very fast internet connection, and the breakfast combos, for an extra cost, but were delicious! In general it is one of the best places to stay. I recomend , if you want a nice, clean, quiet and relax atmosphere, it is the place!

• 3rd May 2014

Nice common areas, and the rooms are very confortable. The breakfast lady is one plus of this hostel, and the staff was so helpful. You should visit!

• 3rd May 2014