8.7
Fabulous 185 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 185 Total Reviews
Hostal Bakano Backpackers Located at Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria, , Bogota.
Colombia
Bogota 57 Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria
87% 185
4.6002842 -74.0687566
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Couple, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

I loved to stay in bakano, is definitely not a party hostel but a place to rest. I felt like i was at home, all the staff was very kind and helpfull. The location was amazing, right in the center of Candelaria, very close to the gold museum. The only thing that the hostel could improve, is that they took some time to open the door, so I felt a little bit dangerous because you have to wait at the street alone. I will definitely come back If I have the chance!

• ppierrefun5563
  • USA, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016

Bogota is a chilly city year-round. This hostel has great value for your money. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Only thing that concerned me with this hostel was the location that it's in. It's located in the Candelaria along with other hostels. The area is very artistic and full of hipsters, however, as a foreign tourist, I didn't feel very safe. I was on guard more than usual and almost got robbed on my way back to this hostel had it not been for my Spanish conversational abilities.

• England, Male, 31-40
11th Dec 2016

Great place to arrive in to after a long flight. Luis met me at the airport, which was great because it was very late. The location is a quiet street, but central to everything. The room was very basic and the bed could have been better, but at the price I was very happy. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

The hostel is in a great location, right in the centre of the city. There are shops, supermarkets, bus stops for transmilino and lots of cool museams right on the door step. The staff are lovely and very helpful. The hostel was very quiet but there are plenty of bars etc nearby if you want some nightlife. We were there in November and the hostel was pretty cold. All in all we had a decent stay

• USA, Male, 41+
12th Oct 2016

¡Excelente para el precio.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
6th Oct 2016
7.7

Nice oldfashioned building in the centre of La Candelaria. Very good location to start a city tour and enjoy Bogotá's nightlife. Breakfast could be bigger. Staff was friendly and helpful. Showers were cold. Ask for their shuttle service from the airport (cheaper than taxi). Definitely a recommendation for a stay in the city centre.

19th Sep 2016
6.9

Okay place to spend a night, but nothing more. I was staying in a single private room, the bed frame and springs were squeaking every time I move on bed. Bathrooms were clean, but lack consistent hot water. The breakfast was cereal and bread. I got myself 2 slices of bread, sliced from a french baguette, and when I went for a third piece of the woman of the staff told me that it's only 2 slices per person. No signs about this anywhere, made them look very meager and cheap.

• England, Couple, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

Me and my partner stayed in a private room as it was our first couple nights in Colombia. The atmosphere of the hostel was not great but the staff were very friendly. Only problem for us was that they didn't speak one word of English so it made communicating slightly difficult.

24th Aug 2016

Very close to the main square. I tried other hostels around the area and ended up really bad. This is a great place and they try to accommodate your needs.

• sineadnolan6752
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
20th Aug 2016

Nice hostel in good location. Only complaint is that the breakfast which is included in the price is bad!!!!