Hostal Bakano Backpackers Reviews

Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

All the staff were helpful and friendly. There were only a few big lockers that were occupied so we had to use the smaller lockers that didn't fit our big backpacks. Thank goodness we weren't staying in a dorm room.

The hostel is very well located, right in the historic part of the city and one block away from transmilenio (bus rapid system). There is many spots to visit ight next to the hostel. The facilities and service was excellent, the staff is very nice giving many tips to know the best places of the city. Very clean hostel and great to meet other travellers, so when you come to Bogota this is a great option to stay.

• 2nd Nov 2014

My stay was perfect, no complain at all. It is a hostel for chilling and rest. I definetely recomend it.

• 1st Nov 2014

Pros - If you're looking for a nice quiet hostel but still in the centre of La Candelaria then this is the place for you. Great location and small enough to mean it feels very quiet even though in a busy tourist area. Friendly staff. Cons - If you're travelling on your own theres not much in the way of socialising here, there's an open dining area but thats about it. The hot shower was also quite temperamental! The street its on looks a little dodgy at night but we had no issues.

Loved the location, excellent area to walk around in. Felt like we were being taken care of by the "hostel moms". Quiet during the low season.

• 16th Oct 2014

It's a small hostel. The staff doesn't speak any English but most of them are very friendly. They are very willing to try and communicate with you. It's location is close to most of the major attractions in Bogota. Great place if you want a calm place to stay but not great for meeting other travelers. I didn't have any major problems.

Bakano Hostel was a nice place we're to stay after a long journey through Colombia. .their staff made me feel at home..helping me with all my requirements. .nice atmosphere and it was very well located in the heart of La Candelaria in Bogota. .I shall return. ..Thanks to all you guys! !! Mariqui

• 26th Sep 2014

Staff were very polite and friendly, but only spoke Spanish. The rooms are very, very basic and I moved out after the first night.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Nice hostel, relaxed atmosphere. Excellent bathrooms, very clean and hot water. Private rooms are very basic. Location is excellent, in a quiet street but close to restaurants, bars and monuments.

Great hostel, good atmosphere up stairs in the bar area and good games for all to join also which is great to meet other travellers.

Everything was fine exept the fact that I booked a 4 bed female dorm and finally stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It didn't bother me much and I only had to pay the price for the 6 bed dorm...

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great People, great location.

While the hostel itself seems pleasant enough, we were dismayed with the level of noise in the room and the service provided. Our room - with a door which could not be properly closed - was adjacent to the common area, where one of the staff decided to have loud conversations with visitors until deep into the night, which could be followed word for word in our room. When asked if she could speak a little more softly, agree laughed - laughed! - at us and continued. We will not return here.

A lovely, quite hostel with a staff of wonderful women. The location could not be better.

• 9th Jul 2014

This is a quiet hostel with not a huge amount going on, it was fine, I just feel there would be better places to stay in Bogota. The staff speak no English at all. There were also no beers in the fridge! Terrible stuff.