Hostal Bakano Backpackers Reviews

Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Nice location and mood. People are friendly and is very quiet and safe!!!

Great location andd really nice staff. Our Spanish wasn't great buthey were very patient! Clean rooms and nice breakfast. There wasn't much of an atmosphere but we were on flying visit so we didn't mind.

The staff is really friendly , but can not speak English , it's had to communicate for us . Place is really clean, the breakfast just ok . Shower is hot and very clean. Price is cheap , good place to stay and save money.

Muy bien, aunque un poco de ruido!

They lost my reservation along with 3 others within an 18 hour span. Nobody was around for me to pay when I needed to leave so I guess that was a plus. They keep the door locked at all times and don't give you a key, so people coming in at 5 am wake everyone up with the bell. All dumb.

Definitely one of the best accomodation we had on our journey, but one of the most expensive ones as well. More like a hotel, and thats why the atmosphere lacks of enthusiasm. Location is great, close to lots of bars and to the ancient town area. Good breakfast, good pool, reliable wifi, ac works and is essential because we had no real window in our room.

Nice hostal. Definitely not a party hostel but very chilled and welcoming. The staff don't speak English which I quite liked as it felt a little more locally run, but could be a minor issue for some travellers with limited Spanish. Located close enough to the sights of la canderalia. Free breakfast which whilst not the most exciting, was a nice touch. Staff were continuously (no joke) cleaning which kept the place tidy. Could of maybe done with a fire or heater as felt a littlecold at night.

Amazing, cute little hostal. has a common kitchen, a few hammocks, nice bathrooms and a few hangout areas both upstairs and down. the ladies who work here are amazing. eager to help and always smiling. thanks for making my time here please ladies. buen onda :) increible. es un lindita hostal. tiene una cocina compartida, 2 hamacas, banos limpias y dos lugares para pasar tiempo. un balcon arriba y una mesa abajo. las mujeres que trabajan aquí son my amables y generosas. están sonriendo siempre.

Great Location although safety is important when walking with valuables. Internet is a bit weak, no personal plugs or lamps in rooms, when you go out you have to be let in 24 hours a day. Lockers are available and the showers take a bit to warm up. Overall a great place for the money.

One of my favorite hostels in our trip, cause we felt safe & home in a very positive chaotic area. The staff was always happy and willing to help for everything, although they almost speak only spanish. Though our spanish was very basic, we didn't have problems to communicate and the stay felt good and authentic. "Mama Colombiana" cooked us eggs in different style all three mornings we had breakfast (which was included - next to coffee and toast). They also have a little terrace at the rooftop!

Very safe hostel. Local police take their break in the hostel common area which makes you feel quite certain your belongings are always safe. Friendly staff, clean facilities, close to a bus line, but not sure how bread and coffee is considered "breakfast". I will say tho that when we arrived at 8am to check in the staff were very friendly and offered us all the facilities, including the breakfast, to use. Nice when you've taken an overnight bus.