Hostal Bakano Backpackers Reviews

Calle 16 #2-86 La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

The rooms are simple and clean. The internet connection was fast and reachable at different areas. it has a colonial ambiance but modern at same time. And the best is its location, so close to important spots. I recommend it.

• 15th Apr 2014

Nothing to complain about, really nice hostel. Excellent location and facilities for a good price. Simple but confortable rooms, also very clean. Quite simple breakfast but for the price it was fine. If you are visiting Bogota this is a great choice.

• 14th Apr 2014

Really nice and confortable hostel, the location was perfect. Definitely a great option!

• 26th Mar 2014

Everything was ok, it has great areas and nice rooms. Very clean hostel.

• 25th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels of all my trip, the staff was very helpful and kind. For the price you got excellent service and facilities. Shuttle service was pertinent. For sure I recommend it. Thanks

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Spain

nice place to stay in the centre of the city. Luis is very friendly and helpful.

Never slept much due to the extremely squeaky bunk beds! I know it's my problem but staff couldn't speak a word of English. Not much space to out luggage if rooms are full. There was only wifi on one PC.

Nice and clean hostel with friendly owner. Only the staff could be a bit more open towards the travellers. Basic breakfast is included. As I was travelling alone I liked the budget price for the private room. I didn't like that they played music already at 7 in the morning in the backyard which made it difficult to sleep a little longer. Everything else was fine.

• 21st Feb 2014

We stayed here our first night in Colombia. Great communication before our stay, and friendly and informative conversation on the way from the airport with their shuttle service. We had the private room with 2 beds upstairs. It wasn't raining so can't comment on whether the skylights leaked.

A comfortable hostel, staff did all they could to help. The dorm room, bathrooms and kitchen were all clean and sufficient for my stay. Good social area and courtyard.

The place definitely has potential, it is in a quiet side street of LaCandelaria. Unfortunately, when we were there, it rained a lot in Bogotá, so we figured out that the roof was not exactly rainproof. Apparently it can only be fixed when there is no rain (and who knows when this is going to happen). Staff and owner were great and helpful at all times, making extra phone calls to help us with organising things. We enjoyed the basic, but free breakfast. Showers were hot (!) and bathrooms clean.

While the location of this hostel was good, the facilities were poor. It was cold and there was a significant amount of mold on the walls in the two-person bedroom. They did, however, repaint it after we told them. They relocated us to another room that leaked rain through the skylights. The bathroom was not cleaned every day and it was dirty. Overall, I wouldn´t recommend this hostel.

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Unfortunately the rainy season was severe and caused us some damages that were fixed right away. Our policies include a strict cleanliness each day, anyway thanks for your critics, they help us to improve.

It is a great hostel, if you want to know the main spots of the city this is the hostel. The staff was very helpful giving tips for my trip. It differs from others because it was built thinking in the travellers that is why the facilities are great. It fulfilled my expectations.

• 18th Dec 2013

Excellent ambiance, nice facilities, great bathrooms, excellent staff. It was so welcoming, I felt at home in some way. Thank you, I will come back for sure.

I stay in this hostel, and I have to say it was very good in every aspect. I simply do not have bad comments for it. If you visit Bogota, you have to come to this hostel. In comparison with others I would say is the best option.

• 11th Dec 2013

The location is excellent, I think no other hostel has this location. The rooms are simple but the beds are great, it is a very clean hostel. The bathrooms are always available and well separated for men and women, you can not complain, hot showers 24/7. The kitchen and dinning room are very nice, the social areas in general. And a big plus for me High Speed WiFi everywhere in the hostel. This hostel is the best without doubt.

• 6th Dec 2013

Good location in the old town, easy to walk around. Near the Metropolitana. Hot water, nice rooms. Very friendly staff.

I stayed in 3 different hostels in Bogota, and this one is the best. Excellent staff, perfect location, fast internet.

The hostel is very nice and calm, for me that was great because it is not party hostel. Also the location is perfect, it is so close to everything. Great stay, Thank you!!

• 10th Nov 2013