Hostal Barrera Reviews

Calle de Atocha 96, 2�, Madrid, Spain

Very loud room; how to work blinds on windows was not explained. Directions (supplied prior to arrival) from train station were confusing. on arrival to address how to access the building was not addressed; neither was the fact the hostel is on the 2nd floor once inside the building. Shower was most excellent; no issues w/cleanliness. Onsite Staff very helpful!

• 30th Sep 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I´m sorry to hear directions to hostal were confusing, and how worked blinds not explained. Arriving to a different country with different customs is always a bit confusing but We are always pleased to help and explain everything, just need to let us know. We will be happy to accomocate you next time and try to provide you with a quieter room, just need to tell us. Best regards

We really couldn't fault this cozy hostel on anything. It was definitely worth what we paid. Everything was nice and clean. We slept very well and the location is about a ten to fifteen minute walk from Atocha railway station, although Calle de Atocha, the street where Hostal Barrera is located, is quite steep when you're lugging heavy bags so you need to take it easy. Going back down towards the train station was obviously a lot easier. The room was nice and quiet.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

HI there, Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hostal Barrera. We are really happy you found our hostal nice, clean, cozy and worthy for the money. We´ve been working hard and we have updated our rooms so new windows to improve the quietness, all rooms painted, and so on. We will be very happy to accomodate you next time you visit Madrid. Warm regards. Nieves Mollo

This hostel was immaculate! Even though the room was small it was charming and all that I required. Very secure, quiet, and the room temperature was comfortable. The staff were also welcoming and helpful. I would highly recommend Hostel Barrera.

• 30th Jun 2014

Dear guest, All staff at Hostal Barrera appreciate your time sharing your experience and also your positive comments about our hostal. Happy to know you found your room immaculate and you had everything you needed. We will be very happy to accommodate you in your next trip to Madrid. Warm regards.

An amazing place! I really enjoyed my stay. I had a single bed and it was kept very clean. I used their laundry service and found no problems. I personally loved the ambiance of the area and I felt safe since it was in quite central, near the main station Atoche. For me, Biggest pro: very close to Hop on/off bus near the Jardin Real (10mins walk). Small con: the tv doesn't really work, but that didn't affect my stay at all :)

Dear guest, Reading your comment, we are grateful to you and that our work is fulfilled ,you have enjoyed your stay. This is our main goal, and we are glad to hear that you enjoy your visit to Madrid and we are part of it. We wish you the best and hope to host you again in the near future. Best regards

My daughter and I spent 4 days at the Hostel Barrera in late June and can highly recommend it! The location is fantastic... We walked EVERYWHERE! Atocha station 10 minutes, La Latina 10 minutes, the restaurants and bars of Huertas just 2 minutes away. Nieves and all the staff were wonderfully friendly, helpful and ( despite the fact they all speak perfect English) VERY patient and supportive as we practised our limited Spansih with them! Many thanks, Lisa and Lucy Dean

• 26th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Dear guest, Really happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Madrid and we are thankfull for your words. It is true our location is very convenient to visit the city by foot, but also the neighbourhood is very alive with many restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.... Besides, it was a pleasure to practicar español con ustedes. Muchas Gracias y hasta la proxima!!!!

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts