Hostal Bruña Reviews

C/ Moratin, 50 - 2o piso, Madrid, Spain

Hostal Bruña in Madrid was a well run family hotel close to the centre of town and in close proximity to eateries and attractions. I would thoroughly recommend staying here, great value for money and great staff although the language barrier presented a few minor issues at times.

Hote Bruna is a family owned buisness, and the only English speaking staff was the younger son, who was not always available. Very inconvenient unless you speak fluent spanish. There was a bath tub, but no bath stopper available. Also, I had made a reservation for two nights (minimum for the weeend), but my reservation for my first night was cancelled by the night before. It made my travelling stressful.

• 31st May 2014
  • Japan

Good located hostel near the Prado with a moderate price.

Great stay. The bathroom was small (the shower was so small I barely fit in it!), but for the price, no worries there. Overall, the room was cute, clean, and full-service (they even had a hair dryer)...much more than I expected from a hostel. Quiet (which I wanted), and hotel-like...but still friendly and welcoming. Much appreciated!

The staff were great, bringing us plates and cutlery and even napkins when I asked, even though kitchen access wasn't included. The place was quiet yet also right next to el Prado and within easy walking distance of most of the sights, lots of taperias and shops. The price advertised on hostelworld is great too, the owner was amazed I had got the room so cheap!

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts