Hostal Campo Base Reviews

Toconao 535, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

This hostel is expensive but i think that is true for all of San Pedro. My boyfriend and i stayed in dorm rooms as the private rooms were 80usd + Beware that some people in the dorm will get up at 4am at least one morning to do the Geysers tour. Water each day was a bonus and showers were hot.

Wonderful breakfast, really helpful staff, central but quiet, highly recommended!

I liked it very mich! Only the woman who works in the kitchen was a bit unfriendly. No body told me that we cant use the coffe machine, only her use it. She reacted unfriendly when i wanted to get a coffee in the morning and she is a bit unfriendly at all. But in total i liked it very mich to stay in this hostal.

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

The property was excellent, the staff were so friendly and the breakfast was great - choice of eggs or pancakes cooked on request. The common area with hammocks was great to meet other travellers.

the hostel is in an excellent location and very well run.

This was problably the best hostel I`ve stayed!! Great staff, very friendly, I felt very welcome! Bedroom was very clean, towels avaliable every day if you want, shared bathroom always clean. Many facilities. Wi fi signal was very good, even in the bedroom. Breakfast with many options and they offer pancakes or scramble eggs if you want. When you wake up very early for tours, they leave read for you a small snack! Very close to the center and everything that matters! Reccomend!!

Great stay at this hostel! The staff and facilities were excellent as were the rooms. We loved having access to the kitchen 24/7 and somewhere clean and secure to base ourselves. Would definitely recommend.

• 31st Jul 2015

Professionally and efficiently run, the management go that extra mile compared to most hostels. Housekeeping was of hotel standard with beds made daily with fresh towels provided. Helpful staff. It was a pleasure to stay here. Varied breakfasts and packed breakfast for those leaving early on tours.

I usually get a private room but San Pedro was too expensive so I stayed in a mixed dorm for 3 nights. it is still one of the best hostels I have had so far. Breakfast was good, we can choose between pancake or eggs. There is a hairdryer, it's clean and safe, staff were helpful esp with the tours.

Friendly staff, very clean and well located. If you are taking tours early in the morning they prepare a nice pack with some food you can take so you don't skip breakfast.

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Breakfast includes the normal bread and cheese but also fruit salad, eggs or pancakes, and veggies. If you're leaving before they serve breakfast they'll make you a care package. Rooms are clean and they have warm down comforters. WiFi is strong, and the showers are hot. I couldn't ask for a better place.

This is a fantastic hostel. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it as you pay for what you get: clean bed and showers, shampoo, body wash and hair dryer, very helpful staff, a beautiful breakfast and a nice patio area and kitchen. The staff are lovely and they really went above and beyond to help me even when I wasn't even staying at the hostel anymore. It's no surprise that this hostel is one of the top rated for San Pedro on hostel world. Thanks Camp Base!!

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels