Hostal Campo Base Reviews

Toconao 535, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I usually get a private room but San Pedro was too expensive so I stayed in a mixed dorm for 3 nights. it is still one of the best hostels I have had so far. Breakfast was good, we can choose between pancake or eggs. There is a hairdryer, it's clean and safe, staff were helpful esp with the tours.

Friendly staff, very clean and well located. If you are taking tours early in the morning they prepare a nice pack with some food you can take so you don't skip breakfast.

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Breakfast includes the normal bread and cheese but also fruit salad, eggs or pancakes, and veggies. If you're leaving before they serve breakfast they'll make you a care package. Rooms are clean and they have warm down comforters. WiFi is strong, and the showers are hot. I couldn't ask for a better place.

This is a fantastic hostel. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it as you pay for what you get: clean bed and showers, shampoo, body wash and hair dryer, very helpful staff, a beautiful breakfast and a nice patio area and kitchen. The staff are lovely and they really went above and beyond to help me even when I wasn't even staying at the hostel anymore. It's no surprise that this hostel is one of the top rated for San Pedro on hostel world. Thanks Camp Base!!

Nice and friendly staff, clean, strong wifi and free computer to use. It was a very nice stay. I recommend. Thanks.

Really nice hostel, super friendly and helping stuff, comfy beds, clean shits, clean towel every day. Great breakfast and they prepare for you a nice snack pack if you have trip really in the morning. Quite pricey as for the hostel but worth its money.

By far one of the cleanest and most organized hostels I've ever stayed at. Contacted the hostel a few days before I flew into Calama and they organized a smooth (and inexpensive) airport transfer for me. Facilities were very clean and common areas inside and outside are inviting and cozy (especially the hammocks!). Staff was very helpful and even made sure to have breakfast packed to-go for those of us who were leaving early in the am for a tour. Hostel is on the pricey side but worth it.

Best breakfast in all hostels in South America we've stayed in. Only could book one night as fully booked up but I am not surprised as it's a great place! Hostel connects you to good tours also

Breakfast was delicious! had crepes with nutella and fresh fruit..a nice change after the typical dry breab, jam and coffee standard at most hostels! However, I arrived a day early without a booking and was told the only room available was a private room and it was late, so I didn't want to go wandering around to find a cheaper room - something I'm sure they anticipated, as when I checked in to my 4 bed dorm the following night my dorm mates told me the room was half empty the night before!

Your room mate didn’t inform you well. The room was actually full the day you arrived (Caroline, Korbinian, Diego and Steve) We don’t like to cheat our guests. In addition, we actually charged you 1/3 of the price for the private room on 27th!!! That part of you review unfortunately is based in a lie.

its very expensive more than galapagos! good: clean, excursions in a promotional price, a complete breakfast bad: night price 35 usd!!! it sounds crazy!

Fantastic people, great breakfast. For early leaving they prepared a breakfast bag.

This hostel is worth the money! The rooms are clean and cozy and the breakfast is absolutely delicious. They have crunchy peanut butter! The Internet is strong and the staff incredibly helpful, though sometimes hard to track down or find. The showers are hot and the water pressure is strong. The snacks they pack for the early tours are a really nice treat. The rooms are a little tight for four, but the lockers are big enough to keep things off the floor. Stay here!

Nice and good location 3 mins walking to metro. Nice that I can have a shower even after I check out on same day before leaving to airport.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very good hostel in San Pedro de Atacama, though a little bit expensive, but the extra money is well spent. Breakfast is very good, and if you're leaving for a tour you get a doggy pack as well. Showers and toilets are super clean and modern. Staff is friendly and very helpful. The patio is very inviting and you can relax after an exhausting tour/trek. Beds are really comfy. Totally would recommend this hostel!

This place is probably the best HOSTAL Ive stayed at. the checkout process was extremely organized, the rooms have blow dryers and shampoos/conditioners/other things that they provide for free. Free water bottle everyday and free coffee/tea/snacks in the afternoon. Feels like a 3 star hotel

• 14th Feb 2015

I loved this hostal, one of the best I've been so far. Great location and the staff is great (thank you Ana!). Very good breakfast, and a meal is given if you have to leave early for an excursion.... I recommend it :-)

View all San Pedro de Atacama Hostels