Hostal Casa Areka Costa Rica Reviews

Barrio Los Yoses Avenue 8 Simon Bolivar, along side of the ICE building, San Jose, Costa Rica

The lock to my door was half broken and was hard to open. The private room I stayed in had a window to the living room with sheets hanging on them that looked like they'd fall down any minute. I VERY nearly missed my flight because the guy woke up late and proceeded to tie surfboards to his roof, for a personal trip, before driving me, like a mad man I might add.

Great hostel, in a quieter part of the city and close to all the necessities: mall, grocery store, bars... Michael the owner is amazing and full of great advice!

Staying at Mikey's place was fantastic! Felt directly like being home. We've been shown around through the whole town in about 24 hours. He even made us fresh chicken soup :) Thanks again Mikey!

• 27th Jun 2014

The wifi didn't work, there was never toilet paper and no one around to ask for it and the lockers to store stuff were all broken! The man was quite rude not helpful like all other comments had said. Great location though

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, great location next to a mall and supermarket.

• 30th Apr 2014