Hostal Casa Areka Costa Rica Reviews

Barrio Los Yoses Avenue 8 Simon Bolivar, along side of the ICE building, San Jose, Costa Rica

Casa Areka is really good located. Just 5 minutes by bus to the city center. A 2 minutes walk to San Pedro Mall and a 10 minutes walk to the University area where there are very cheap restaurants. Very close is a supermarket. Was awesome. Our flight was at 11 pm so the owner allowed us to keep our luggage in the room until we left because he did not need the room for that day. He was very friendly and helpful when asked about bus schedules and bus stops for the bus to the airport & Café Britt!

I was only going to stay one night at this hostel, but it was so comfortable, that I stayed a second night before planning my next CR adventure. This is basically a really nice house in a fairly nice part of the city. The dorm room is large with a nice bathroom that I used. I had a private room that was very clean an comfortable with a bunk bed. The owner was really helpful and friendly. I recommend taking a red taxi with a meter - it should only be 3000 Colones from the bus station

Really nice staff. Michael helped me with everything to plan my trip around Costa Rica. I would definitely stay again here.

I really liked my stay in this hostel. The staff was very helpfull and so nice. I felt comfortable and everything I needed was there. Also the place I liked: near the centre of San Jose buses almost in front of the building even as the supermarket and the big San Pedro Mall. It's just so mutch more than only one in a thousand hostel-hostel...

Great laidback hostel with amazing service. Very helpful and knowledgable staff. Mikey( the owner) even drove me to the hospital at 3am when I needed it. Also one of the few hostels I visited in Central America where I could actually get some sleep.

• 6th Jan 2014