Hostal Casa Areka Costa Rica Reviews

Barrio Los Yoses Avenue 8 Simon Bolivar, along side of the ICE building, San Jose, Costa Rica

Staying at Mikey's place was fantastic! Felt directly like being home. We've been shown around through the whole town in about 24 hours. He even made us fresh chicken soup :) Thanks again Mikey!

• 27th Jun 2014

The wifi didn't work, there was never toilet paper and no one around to ask for it and the lockers to store stuff were all broken! The man was quite rude not helpful like all other comments had said. Great location though

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, great location next to a mall and supermarket.

• 30th Apr 2014

Casa Areka is really good located. Just 5 minutes by bus to the city center. A 2 minutes walk to San Pedro Mall and a 10 minutes walk to the University area where there are very cheap restaurants. Very close is a supermarket. Was awesome. Our flight was at 11 pm so the owner allowed us to keep our luggage in the room until we left because he did not need the room for that day. He was very friendly and helpful when asked about bus schedules and bus stops for the bus to the airport & Café Britt!

I was only going to stay one night at this hostel, but it was so comfortable, that I stayed a second night before planning my next CR adventure. This is basically a really nice house in a fairly nice part of the city. The dorm room is large with a nice bathroom that I used. I had a private room that was very clean an comfortable with a bunk bed. The owner was really helpful and friendly. I recommend taking a red taxi with a meter - it should only be 3000 Colones from the bus station

Really nice staff. Michael helped me with everything to plan my trip around Costa Rica. I would definitely stay again here.