Hostal Casa Areka Reviews

Calle T. Duque y 55, frente al super 99, Paitilla, Panama City, Panama

I showed up and was told the room I reserved wasn't available. Was scoffed at when I inquired about a refund or at least cab fare to a different accommodation. Guy working the desk only repeatedly stated that it wasn't his "fault."

Great Stay - Great hosts - great beds!

The owners were extremely helpful! Good location if you want to be downtown in Panama City. I had a great time here!

Friendly stuff, nice atmosphere !

• 4th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel with super friendly and helpful staff located in one of the best parts of Panama City (Punta Pacifica). Yes, it's not Casco Viejo and that's the best thing about it (no tourists, just backpackers). In 10 minutes you can walk to coastline exploring local streets and local food. It's perfectly safe there and there's 24h supermarket across the street.

If you are going to stay in Panama City do yourself a favor and stay at Casa Areka, if you don't your going going miss out. The owner Oswald and his nephew Pierre create the most relaxed and welcoming vibe of anywhere I have ever stayed. I booked for two nights and stayed for five. From being greeted with a big smile and a helping hand with my bags, breakfast, daily cleaning with towels, great clean pool and memories for life. I hope to come back someday again. Gracias amigos!!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Good hostel, cheap supermarket across the road, and very cheap laundry! 5 bucks for my whole bag!

Great place to stay, location is perfect, staff is very very helpful. Breakfast was delicious with all the fresh fruit 😄 I will definitely return to this hostel, no need to look anywhere else 😄

Really best Hostel I have ever been too. The hostel is very clean, the staff is very nice. PERFECT. Also the breakfast is pretty good (fresh fruits, coffee, Toast,.. ) I recommend this hostel to everybody.

Felt like home :-) Oswald and his nephew were pretty welcoming and They even offered me the couch to sleep at when They were fully booked... I came back and I would defenitly come back again!

The staff here were so friendly and helpful, the hostel had a lovely, chilled out feel to it. The breakfast was spot on. We stayed in a private double which was spotless and very homely. Hope to stay here again

Oswald and Pier are awesome guys. Took us out one night to show us the nightlife a little bit, which is nice because I didn't want to wander too much alone at night. The pool is awesome after a day of walking around the city and the breakfast is delicious, tons of delicious fruit. The location is also perfect. Walking distance or a cheap cab to the old town and the ruins and right across from a supermarket. It's also super close to a bus stop to get to the airport.

Great staff and cool common area and a fab kitchen

Very helpful (e.g. with airport pick-up or tours) and friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and very clean rooms and bathrooms. Also there is a delicious breakfast included in the price. Great place to stay!

• 16th Jan 2015

Casa Areka is without doubt one of the best hostels I have been in during my 4 month of traveling. Friendly staff, good atmosphere, big kitchen, pool x 2, what else you need? :)

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

hey!!! How´s Colombia!!!!! land of the most beauty women! Good luck mate... Muchas Gracias!

Great staff, good location

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Great hostel! Very friendly owner and staff. We stayed in the private double and it was a lovely big double room with fridge and coffee making facilities. And it was serviced daily.. Felt much more like we were staying in a hotel! All for a very good price, much cheaper than anywhere in Casco Viejo! The location was good, more quiet residential but some shops over the road, and we found it easy enough to walk to restaurants and calle Uruguay. And readily available cheap taxis to casco viejo!

Muchas Gracias!!!!! have a great 2015!!!