Hostal Casa Areka Reviews

Calle T. Duque y 55, frente al super 99, Paitilla, Panama City, Panama

Privat room w/bathroom 43 Dollar/night. Would be okay normally, but: bathroom was definitely NOT cleaned before our stay: long brown hair visible all over the sink and shower. Room: bed seemed okay, as soon as you lay down you see all the webs on the ceiling. Clearly never cleaned. In the day: extremely loud surroundings from cars and honking , closed windows don't help. Evening night: extremely loud music up until 3 in the morning, no sleep. Hardly ever slept as bad.

Arrived to find single bed in small box room nrxt to toilets. Constant noise throughout night, little help from staff. Could'mt wait to get away.

• 19th Aug 2015

The best deal for Panama! Location - just 10 min from bus station, big 24H supermarket is closed to hostel. Everything inside were clean, AC in our room saved from heat, lockers for valued staff. Breakfast were easy and simple - coffee, toasts, fruits

A really nice hostal that I would recommend to anyone. The hostel looked beautiful, was clean, good atmosphere, airco, pool was great, staff really nice. The only thing I missed was a city map and some more information (like brochures/flyers) about what to do in Panama city. Oh yeah and they had perfect wifi and good breakfast with fresh fruits.

I was only here for 1 night so take that into consideration. The female dorm (sleeps 6 girls) I reserved had a bathroom within the room that was shared with the girls in the room (btw bath towels are not provided). Bunks were pretty comfortable, and casa areka provides clean sheets. Free continental breakfast is provided- coffee, fruit, & toast. I think there should be a larger fridge. Hostel offers a Shuttle to airport for $9, but I took the bus at metro centro for $1.25

We booked this hostel for our first night in Panama City and also arranged the airpport transportation offered by the hostel. We arrived in the middle of the night at Tocumen Airport and no one was there to pick us up. We then took a taxi to the hostel where the really unfriendly stuff did not know about our reservation eventhough we had made a deposit and had a confirmation email. But the worst thinh was that they just continued playing billiard and did not help us at all!

I just love the hostel! Its a great place to stay in Panamá City! The localization is the best!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Nice place with a lovely pool/patio area. Quite noisy at night though, music till late at night. Otherwise very nice place with friendly staff!

I staied in a ensuite. TV and air conditioner worked well but I can't tell the same about the shower... the main problem was mice in the kitchen and pool area. And it looked like an old problem.

The bathrooms were big and clean. There are a lot of restrooms as well! and the kitchen is big. The staff is very very disorganized however. They messed up my reservation as well as multiple others'. Even after speaking to them on the phone from the airport, when I arrived 15 minutes later they had no idea who I was or that I had a reservation. Breakfast is included but was never on time at 8 like stated. Dont expect quick answers or organization. Also my female dorm had a male in it.

Loud music by night, you don't really know who works there or who lives there, staff enter the dormitory room late by night to check if there is any bed left...(??!!!)...appears to have only a notepad to check it... still you have a good kitchen, pool, many clean bathroom but my bed was so noisy and it was not the only one....can't sleep very well...

Nice set up with pool, clean facilities and ok breakfast included. Lacking in atmosphere though - staff seemed bored and not too keen to help make your stay enjoyable. Was over booked so 6 bed female dorm ended up having 8 people sleeping in it, mixture of guys and girls. Not a huge issue but not impressed that there was no explanation or apology for this.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Stayed here for 6 nights and it's a really great hostel, well actually felt more Like a home. I was in the female dorm which was clean, comfiest mattress I'd had in 4 months of travelling and really soft sheets. And no bed bugs! Also air con in the room which was a dream. Free chilled water downstairs. The staff were lovely. Breakfast was okay, it's free so can't complain. Only thing was we had a boy in our dorm for two nights when it was meant to be all female?

• 7th Jul 2015

I thought this place has a really nice vibe. Oswald and the Aussie girl (never got her name!) were really friendly and helpful. It is located in quite a fancy area, take a walk about 5mins and you'll see all the REALLY fancy skyriser hotels, fascinating!

Such a good hostel and very affordable! Great staff. Pool, good kitchen, common area, pool table, comfy beds, good wifi, great breakfast and really friendly staff! Highly recommend :)

Javi! You are great! Byron. You are so kind! So Javi is the manager I would say. He was always checking if I was find and then I met some new friends and made me feel like home. Surrounded by old friends, that's how I felt even though I just recently met them. Byron is the taxi driver, on time at the airport. (If you can't find him go inside again and look where all the people are waiting for travelers "Exit") then he gave me a short but unforgettable tour in the city. Thank you for all guys!

I met some very nice people at Casa Areka and the facility was great. The Owner was exceptional.stricklerdavea@hotmail.com

• 19th Jun 2015

We ended up staying here for three days. The travelers and staff were very friendly. Awesome vibe.

I had a fantastic stay at Casa Areka -- the staff was extremely friendly/helpful and made me feel welcome.

The staff were really friendly, especially Javier who made sure we had a great time, definitely a party hostel. Great location, good cooking facilities, would 100% stay here again. Colombian men are the best 😊

• 13th Jun 2015