Hostal Casa Areka Reviews

Calle T. Duque y 55, frente al super 99, Paitilla, Panama City, Panama

Casa Areka is without doubt one of the best hostels I have been in during my 4 month of traveling. Friendly staff, good atmosphere, big kitchen, pool x 2, what else you need? :)

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

hey!!! How´s Colombia!!!!! land of the most beauty women! Good luck mate... Muchas Gracias!

Great staff, good location

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Great hostel! Very friendly owner and staff. We stayed in the private double and it was a lovely big double room with fridge and coffee making facilities. And it was serviced daily.. Felt much more like we were staying in a hotel! All for a very good price, much cheaper than anywhere in Casco Viejo! The location was good, more quiet residential but some shops over the road, and we found it easy enough to walk to restaurants and calle Uruguay. And readily available cheap taxis to casco viejo!

This has been by far one of the worst experiences I've ever had. We arrived 1h30min late and the owner mentioned they had just given up the room (which was not true, I checked myself the 2nd & 3rd floors). He pointed us to another "closeby" location, who was more expensive, wasn't what we asked for, it was smaller, extremely dirty, not close to the centre (as Areka's location didn't seem that bad), it was noisy and the personnel was rude. Areka's owner didn't care. I would never recommend Areka.

View all Panama City Bed and Breakfasts