Hostal Casa La Asunción Reviews

Avenida El Desengaño, 5, Antigua, Guatemala

Expensive compared to all the other places close by! Weird smell in the room.. The "flat screen tv" is smaler then my ipad..

Nice place with a good location in Antigua. Decent room with good beds. WiFi connection should be improved as the signal was very poor in almost the entire hostel. Also we asked to get our floor cleaned as it was a lot of sand on it, but after cleaning the room it was still a lot of sand on the floor. Due to this we gave the hostel a poorer score on the cleanliness.

A nice place to stay (especially if you want a pick-up from GUA airport), incredibly hospitable host, good breakfast.

I cannot stress enough how much of a wonderful stay we had. The staff were attentive and lovely from the minute we arrived, even bringing up a tray of coffee free of charge when we first arrived and were exhausted from travelling. The house keeper attended to our every need, and every morning she made a delicious full breakfast. Generally, if you want a lovely, friendly and safe stay in Antigua which is also VERY good value I would highly recommend Casa La Asuncion.

• 15th Nov 2013

The owner, Edgar, is an incredibly friendly person and has been very hospitable throughout my stay at his hostel. The hostel only has four rooms and it has a very quiet feel to the place. This is the only hostel that I know that has free transportation from the Guatemala City airport (La Aurora), and for the price which also includes breakfast, it is a fantastic place to stay. It is only a 5min walk to the Santa Catalina arch, and I would consider this hostel as the outskirts of the downtown.

View all Antigua Bed and Breakfasts