Hostal Casa Nico

Very Good 79 Total Reviews

• sianbarber3739
  • Ireland, All Female Group, 31-40
18th Feb 2017

Great stay :) Ariel the owner/manager was really helpful and accomodating, made us drinks on our first night and organised a tour of the cenotes which was one of my Mexican highlights. Really close to bus station and town centre. Doris the cat was an absolute sweetheart... ♡ nice quiet hostel, not the place if you are looking for a party but it was perfect for us and we really enjoyed our visit to merida.

• andresbaehr5342
  • Chile, Male, 31-40
15th Feb 2017

I had a great stay at Casa Nico. Staff went the extra mile to help me out when I missed a flight. Great atmosphere in the backyard, next to the pool. Would highly recommend it.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2017

Seriously - everything about this page was great. My private room was comically large, the location was great, and the owner made sure that the people were everything a community should be. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
8.0

I booked only two nights and finally stayed more than a week. The hostel owner Ariel and all stuff were great! Really helpful and friendly. I was feeling there like at home, as a part of the family. The hostel is still developing so facility is not perfect. They are missing lockers which was the only problem for me. But they are working on it. Location is great, breakfast is basic, the whole place is really authentic, small swimming pool is refreshing. I love it there :)

30th Dec 2016
4.0

The facilities are very basic. The building is pretty run down, and there are no lockers. There are gigantic cockroaches in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. You're better off paying up the extra 30 pesos to stay in a different hostel.

30th Dec 2016

Great location with basic facility. Staff were really nice. (Especially Javier or Xavier, sorry I forgot your name…) They have two cute cats, too. Would stay here again.

• South Korea, Male, 31-40
27th Dec 2016
4.0

I travel a lot. and this hostel was the worst hostel I ever stay. I had to pay more then reservation price, the facility is too old then other Mexico hostel, and I saw many dusts in my room. Lastly the bed was not clean.

27th Dec 2016

Super friendly staff and great location- easy walk to bus station and main square

26th Dec 2016

Super nice and helpful staff. Great location. You can come and go 24 hrs but lights out after 11. Nice and quiet. I'll be back. Thank you

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here because the staff were so friendly and helpful especially Javier and Alfonso they would also give good advice on where to go in Merida, what Mexican food to try and directions. The other great thing about this hostel is that you get free breakfast, the WiFi connection is really good, you get a towel and bar of soap to use during your stay as well as free map book of Merida. You can get glasses of free drinking water and there is a swimming pool. Thank you Casa Nico!