Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

I loved my time at Casa Valparaiso, so much that I am staying again. The facilities were great but it's the atmosphere that made it for me. The bbq outside in the lane and the DIY cooking facilities meant we could join forces and make some great food. Would recommend staying there, the area is safe and there's so much amazing street art you'll never put your camera down.

Hostel staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel is situated in a touristic centre where almost all the attractions are within walking distance. Almost every night, there'll be a little house party in the common room of the hostel and it's good for all the guests to share their travelling experiences. This hostel will be better if there're more bathrooms with usable showers since there's only one which can be used in the hostel at the moment.

Owner Ivan and desk stars Shari and Jason mad this hostel feel like home, they are extremely helpfull planning, giving tips and keeping the hostel clean. Breakfast with cheese, salami and good white bread. The swimming pool is a nice extra

I really recommend this place. Location is good and hostel really fits the boheme atmosphere of the district. Also the staff was great, very helpful and a good company. They ewven had a pisco sour night (for free)

I really liked this hostel. It was a really nice, relaxed place to be and felt more like a share house than a hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the beds were really, really comfortable. For me it was a nice mix of a little party (we went out together one night) and quiet time.

I loved the location of Hostal Casa Valparaiso, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were very helpful.

Loved the staff, the people, and the location. Facilities were very okay.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The staff is lovely, it's easy to connect to other travellers and the location is perfect.

Nice hostel with a really nice staff, friendly people and an excellent breakfast. One of the shower didn't worked during my stay, but it was clearly the only little problem.

Located in the heart of Concepcion was the best. Helpful staff.

The location is awesome! It's a bit hidden, but right off the main road in the best Cerro. The atmosphere in the common area was good, and the staff is SUPER friendly and helpful - especially Santiago. I had a problem when I was there and he and the owner went above and beyond in what was called for in helping me. Santiago also provided the best tips and we really had a fun time because of them!

Great hostel with great guys working there. One of them takes you on a relaxed walking tour for the whole day, grabbing a beer or lunch whenever you want. He is a ' lekkerding ' too (Dutch for hot thing). Breakfast is good (although is starts at 9:30), beds are big and comfortable, free pisco sour everyday. The atmosphere is very relaxed and easy, with people baking cookies, having a drink and chat with each other. Wifi works good. No computers available. No staff during the night.

When we got there, we saw two bedbugs crawling over one of our beds. We told the staff, got a new room and then saw them putting some effort into cleaning the first room. We didn't here anyone complaining about bites during our stay, so it doesn't seem to be a larger problem. Generally it was one of the cleanest hostels i've ever been to. They have a pretty thorough cleaning lady. The staff is really nice and helpful and offers tons of informations and tips. Breakfast and location are awesome!

• 9th Jan 2015

It was not really clean. Dirty is too much but it wasn't clean.

Staff are amazingly friendly and the atmosphere is really good with always something happening

If you're young and like to party, this is your hostel. But if you want somewhere relaxing and some quietness at night, you need to look somewhere else. Breakfast doesn't start till 9:30am, and there are only 2 showers for the dorms. The price is good but you definitely get what you paid for.

Hi, thanks for your review. We complain that when you did the check-in and we informed you about the breakfast time you didn't mention that you would have preferred doing it earlier, as some of our visitors do when they need. We want also to clarify that we are not a "hostel party", our hostel is ideal for people who enjoy sharing with other travelers. In 3 nights we never received a noise complaint, how could we know that you was feeling uncomfortable? Hope you're fine and enjoying your trip.

Good hostel, close to the central city. Standout breakfast, fresh bread and eggs.

Great location near tons of street art. Easy to get down into the lower part of the city. Hostel was decently clean and breakfast was good. Friendly atmosphere.

Really lovely staff, fantastic cooked scrambled egg breakfast every morning, wonderful location in the middle of the colourful touristic area. Would definitely recommend.

A hostel in the heart of Valparaiso UNESCO heritage. We keep seeing walking tours passing by and when having a good BBQ with Vino outside at night, its an easy place to meet people. Breakfast is communal style where its either you socialize or skip breakfast.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts