Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

Great hostel. Very friendly staff, clean, and excellent location. we had our own private room for the 4 of us, and it was very nice. Hostel provided a towel and sheets for each of us, and our own key. Breakfast was basic but good.

• 6th Feb 2016

Staff is excellent. Location for me its excellent but if you have a problem with stairs it could be a problem. The stairs is not so long though. Because there is no road close it makes the place so quiet. Rooms have lots of space. There are two bathrooms.) Maybe more i saw 2) we didn't want though

Great hostel with awesome staff and location! Was really good to mingle in the common area with other travellers, and thy let us party late every night we were there. Highly recommend.

There were not quite enough lockers for all of the travelers in the 8 bed bunk room. That being said, the staff was great and served an awesome breakfast. They were extremely friendly. There were only a few showers, and the temperature was a bit of a battle, but overall a great experience.

We booked for two nights and ended up having time to extend our stay, which was very nicely arranged by a member of staff. Overall, they were friendly and helpful with giving up tips on where to go. We did regret that there was a lot of noise at night on top of a couple mistaking the common bathroom for a private room (!) at 3 o'clock in the morning. I also thought that for 38$ a night forba double room, we could ask for an extra piece of bread forfor breakfast.Good place for partying I guess!

• 13th Jan 2016

The staff was so helpful, welcoming, and made a GREAT atmosphere!!!!

• 12th Jan 2016

This was a great hostel to stay at! The hostel was clean, the showers were hot and the food was great! The staff is VERY kind and helpful! I had a few problems during my stay (which was around Christmas so nothing was open) and the staff went out of their way to help me. The location is also great! It's close to the main roads, making it easy to catch buses and taxis and the area has a ton of great street art and cute cafes and shops! Overall, I definitely recommend!

Exceeded my expectations. Very cute place, friendly and helpful staff, homelike atmosphere from the beginning till the end. I expended my stay two more days since I was really happy with the place and the treatment I received. High quality at low cost. I will definitely be back.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Lovely hostel, it has small common room but to me that was a huge plus, met lots of people there and had a great night out with them and some of the staff. However some staff do take a over the small kitchen and common room during the day to cook and eat their food. Weirdly, the floor gets cleaned with white spirits every day and the hostel smells of chemicals during and for a bit after. In saying that this was one of my favourite hotels in South America

This was a great hostel to stay in Valpairaso because it had terrific atmosphere and was located in a great spot

Perfectly located in the Cerro Concepción right next to little cafes, stores and the famous graffiti-colored streets, this hostel offers good accommodation. Beds are comfortable, dorm spacious, all rooms are clean and wifi super fast and stable. Showers have hot water and good water-pressure. There's lockers for everyone. Breakfast is ok but small. Atmosphere is good due to the small common-area. Staff is very friendly and helpful. This place is good to stay even an extended duration.

Thank you for your review, we are glad you had a great time in our house and that you really enjoyed our beautiful Valpo! Our staff are always working hard to help everyone in the hostel so your opinion makes us very happy and help us to improve our hostel each day! Good luck in your trip and we hope to see you next time!

Really good hostel for chilling in Valparaiso for a few days. Decent breakfast too. Only complaint is it was difficult to control the temperature on the showers.

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are glad you had a great time in our house and got to enjoy the good vibe of Valpo! Good luck in your trip, we hope to see you again next time!

The staff is not very resourcefull. Give me the wrong direction on the map. Does not even know what kind of the big event happening on December 8...Forget to return my document after scanning it, not just me, i see somebody else be treated the same...Thank god our roommate is honest, as the door is unlocked all the time. My room is just nearby the door. I´m not sure whether their camera will be able to catch it if there is a steal. Do not expect to much to the breakfast neither.

Thank you for your review, we feel very sorry you didn't have a great experience as most of our guests. Our Staff is very kind and helpful, maybe the mistake happened with one of the news, but we are sure it was fixed at the same day. All the shared rooms has lockers that you could use to keep saved your belongs. We leave weekly news about the events on the wall by the reception but may you didn't have a chance to read it. Good luck in your trip and thank you for your opinion.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a spacious private room. The hostel is in a great location and a good value for the private room but only has 2 bathrooms for all guests -- not nearly enough for all the guests it can accommodate. There is definitely a younger vibe but the hostel got quiet around midnight on a Saturday. Unfortunately there was a very loud group of people singing and playing instruments outside our window until 4 AM one night but this part of town is filled with artists and musicians.

Thank you for you review! The hostel always have a young and cool vibe but we also respect the ones who prefer wake up early and enjoy the day as the weekends are full of activities in the city, by day and night, that`s why we do not allow noise in the common area after midnight and invite the guests to hang out and meet some of the great bars and discos in town! We are glad you enjoyed the city and your time in our hostel, good luck in your trip!

The lockers are very badly designed. They are difficult to use and potentially very easy to break.

Excellent location, breakfast was delicious! Not enough bathrooms, so there was often a wait and they got dirty quickly. A bit of a young party vibe on weekend nights, but the staff kept it under control and overall the people staying there were chill and friendly.

Located in the heart of Valparaiso's winding alley ways, besides the fact it's a hard walk from where taxis drop you off the location couldn't be better with murals and cute alley ways right outside the front door. There were only 2 showers so was a bit of a race in the mornings and not a lot of space in the dorm but the atmosphere was really friendly and eggs for breakfast was such a treat!

Charming hostel in a nice quiet location.

Good location, friendly owner (Sergio), great breakfast and nice atmosphere. Only downside would be not many bathrooms in building so had to queue to use shower in the mornings but aside from that a great place to stay in Valparaiso!

Stayed 2 nights. A trek with the long staircase, but beautiful location (my bed had a view of the city!). Only 3 bathrooms / 2 showers, but nice clean rooms, big lockers, great breakfast made by the owner. (Loved the eggs, pepper and ketchup please! Kiwi banana juice was great too.) Loved the staff, but the owner was a bit blunt with his orders for me. I know it's inconvenient for you to speak English to non-Spanish speakers (I'm sorry), but please learn to use the word 'please'. Thanks. :)

Thank you very much for your opinion! The breakfast was made by our staff, not by the owner but we are happy you liked! We recently had add new partners to our staff and we are making sure everyone are prepared to welcome and help our guests to have even a better experience in our beautiful house! Good luck in your journey!