Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

Decent hostel with handy central location. But one issue was bed bugs!! The rumours I'd heard unfortunately were true. They fumigated the day before I arrived but they were still alive and duly chewed on me. If booking there make 100% that they've eradicated them

Cobran cargoo por pago con tarjeta débito.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Location, kitchen and breakfast are good, but this place has issues with bedbugs though. My friend got many bites while staying here,but when we told the manager,he was not really impressed. Said it couldn´t come from the hostel itself,because they spray, but we clearly saw them walking on the walls and beds. Blankets are dirty. We left for another hostel and when we told them we came from this hostel, they washed and fuminated all our stuff, so the problem is apparently well known in the area.

We apologize for the problems. Casa Valparaiso Hostel has taken steps, making a professional fumigation in their rooms. It is important to understand that this is a problem that is transmitted between travelers hostel to hostel and not a hygiene issue. Cheers and have a nice trip!

Bed bugs can happen anywhere (I've gotten them in a 4-star hotel), but this hostel is seriously in denial. They need to close up for a couple of days, WASH everything (not just spray) and THEN reopen, PERIOD. This has been going on for months.Blankets are dirty, staff members with visible bites DENY the bed bugs, and the manager, who found me sleeping on the couch in the common area to avoid getting bitten, acted surprised, but clearly wasn't. Good breakfast and very social atmosphere, at least.

Good location and staff was very helpful in suggesting excursions

In the middle of my stay as I was asked to move rooms in the middle of my stay and was told a large group was coming (not unreasonable but exceptionally last minute as I was literally halfway out the door). The staff told me I could move my stuff when I returned. That night I asked to get my stuff and the staff told me I couldn't go in to my old room as they actually had no group coming in but instead fumigated with all my stuff inside. Now I am afraid of bugs.

Si no fumigámos.. ahi si tendrías que tener miedo. No nos parece tu critica, púes, no tuviste ningún problema.. entonces que es lo malo?? If you do not fumigate .. there if you'd have to be afraid. We do not think your criticism, then, did not have any problems .. then what is wrong?

Hostel was a little difficult to find, but not far away from the center. It has a really nice atmosphere, the owner is really friendly and helpful! Breakfast was good and served until late (def. an advantage!). There could be more bathrooms, sometimes you had to wait a while because all of them were occupied, and they were not always super clean.

The hostel was sweet and colorful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable, our triple room was big and both the kitchen and bathroom were a good size and clean. Location was great as well, in a safe area and right near lots of bars, cafes, and restaurants. Our stay here was short but we'd totally go back!

This hostel was great! Spent NYE in Valparaiso and this hostel made it so much better. The staff are all very friendly and easy going. They have a nice breakfast served till late in the morning and really create a community feeling with the guests and staff. The beds are solid and the rooms are spacious. I'll definitely stay again the next time I visit Valparaiso.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean enough, but the hostal itself is not especially nice. It had a great community atmosphere and is in a good location of Valparaiso. We enjoyed our stay here!

After deciding to spend more time in Valparaiso, we spent one night here and the previous two at Casa Fischer just around the corner. Casa Valparaiso has a much better social scene and atmosphere than Fischer, but the kitchen and bathrooms aren't nearly as clean and tidy. Both are perfectly located and within short walking distance (5 min) to Plaza Sotomayor or all the bars/restaurants/galleries/shops on Cerro Concepcion and Cerro Alegre. Breakfast could be moved up an hour or two from 9:30.

Overall the place was good and the staff was helpful. However, the matress and room smelled of diesel fuel or paint thinner, which made it difficult to sleep.

Great hostel, really enjoyed the stay

A really nice hostel with friendly and welcoming staff.

Average hostel, not as good as the ratings suggest in my opinion. No one there to let me in at 8.30am when I arrived. Some of the staff were very helpful and others not so much. Good location

Could not have asked for a better hostel. Loved the staff and the atmosphere of the place. Only annoying thing was that there were only 4 lockers in my 8 bed room.

Gracias por tu review! Los lockers son 8.. 4 grandes y 4 pequeños, quizas no los viste.. lo lamento. Saludos Andrew!

Hostel was in a nice location, right by lots of street art and cafés. Only about a 4 minute walk to the grocery store. Hostel had a good vibe as everyone pretty much hung out in the common room/ kitchen. Only complaint is the beds either need to be against the walls or have headboards sitting up in some of them is a challange

Very friendly welcoming staff. Enjoyed the evening out to see local musicians!

I really enjoyed this hostel. The only complaint I have is that there's only one shower with hot water. This was inconvenient and often left me waiting to shower. Other than that, this hostel was great! The staff was amazing as well!

Amazing hostel. Really good feel. Breakfast was delicious every morning, probably one of the best breakfasts served to me in the last 5 months. Really worth staying here.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts