Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

Decent hostel with handy central location. But one issue was bed bugs!! The rumours I'd heard unfortunately were true. They fumigated the day before I arrived but they were still alive and duly chewed on me. If booking there make 100% that they've eradicated them

Cobran cargoo por pago con tarjeta débito.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Location, kitchen and breakfast are good, but this place has issues with bedbugs though. My friend got many bites while staying here,but when we told the manager,he was not really impressed. Said it couldn´t come from the hostel itself,because they spray, but we clearly saw them walking on the walls and beds. Blankets are dirty. We left for another hostel and when we told them we came from this hostel, they washed and fuminated all our stuff, so the problem is apparently well known in the area.

We apologize for the problems. Casa Valparaiso Hostel has taken steps, making a professional fumigation in their rooms. It is important to understand that this is a problem that is transmitted between travelers hostel to hostel and not a hygiene issue. Cheers and have a nice trip!

Bed bugs can happen anywhere (I've gotten them in a 4-star hotel), but this hostel is seriously in denial. They need to close up for a couple of days, WASH everything (not just spray) and THEN reopen, PERIOD. This has been going on for months.Blankets are dirty, staff members with visible bites DENY the bed bugs, and the manager, who found me sleeping on the couch in the common area to avoid getting bitten, acted surprised, but clearly wasn't. Good breakfast and very social atmosphere, at least.

Good location and staff was very helpful in suggesting excursions

In the middle of my stay as I was asked to move rooms in the middle of my stay and was told a large group was coming (not unreasonable but exceptionally last minute as I was literally halfway out the door). The staff told me I could move my stuff when I returned. That night I asked to get my stuff and the staff told me I couldn't go in to my old room as they actually had no group coming in but instead fumigated with all my stuff inside. Now I am afraid of bugs.

Si no fumigámos.. ahi si tendrías que tener miedo. No nos parece tu critica, púes, no tuviste ningún problema.. entonces que es lo malo?? If you do not fumigate .. there if you'd have to be afraid. We do not think your criticism, then, did not have any problems .. then what is wrong?

Enjoyable place in an awesome city! The hostel has an inviting design and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast is especially good and the bathrooms are clean, big and bright. Good job.

Hostel was a little difficult to find, but not far away from the center. It has a really nice atmosphere, the owner is really friendly and helpful! Breakfast was good and served until late (def. an advantage!). There could be more bathrooms, sometimes you had to wait a while because all of them were occupied, and they were not always super clean.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts