Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

Great staff great breakfast

A good Hostel especially considering location. It has a nice homely character, however, lacking in computers for internet access. The bunk beds need an upgrade, they are very creaky. However, that being said the staff are very friendly and gave some good suggestions, breakfast is nice, includes scrambled eggs. People saying here need to understand that noise travels both internally and externally, so shouldn't complain to the staff about people returning back to the hostel late.

It was fine for the one night we stayed but we did check out and go else where for our second night in Valpo. We didn't get the friendliest of welcomes. You get your own key to the front door as there is no night staff on. In a dorm of 8 people only 4 lockers worked. Breakfast was ok. The bathrooms weren't very nice. Either burning hot or freezing and quite dirty. Only 2 showers for the hostel so waiting around to get in. Location was good though!

Thanks for your review. We apologize if the welcoming didn't seem to you the best possible, we always do our best to make the people feel like at home. We give all the guests a key so they are free to come and go whenever they want. Actually that day we had some lockers in bad conditions, while the others were working; later we fixed them. When we have such problems we inform the guests that we can take care of their valuables in our storage room. Hope you're fine and enjoying yor trip.

I loved my time at Casa Valparaiso, so much that I am staying again. The facilities were great but it's the atmosphere that made it for me. The bbq outside in the lane and the DIY cooking facilities meant we could join forces and make some great food. Would recommend staying there, the area is safe and there's so much amazing street art you'll never put your camera down.

This hostel is in the area La Concepción where many wallpaintings are. It's a beautiful location and even the hostel has wallpaintings. I really liked this hostel because it wasn't too big. It felt like home.

Hostel staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel is situated in a touristic centre where almost all the attractions are within walking distance. Almost every night, there'll be a little house party in the common room of the hostel and it's good for all the guests to share their travelling experiences. This hostel will be better if there're more bathrooms with usable showers since there's only one which can be used in the hostel at the moment.

The beds are a little short if you are on a bottom bunk. The breakfast is really good with these delicious eggs. Nice size kitchen and great wifi. Overall an okay hostel but there are a ton in the area to choose from.

Lovely and kind hostel, great helpful staff and a breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs and fresh made fruitjuice. They have some good tips for the city and are located straight in the middle of the beautiful and artistic hill. Going there by foot or funicular is a great coming home. I like this hostel a lot!

I really recommend this place. Location is good and hostel really fits the boheme atmosphere of the district. Also the staff was great, very helpful and a good company. They ewven had a pisco sour night (for free)

I really liked this hostel. It was a really nice, relaxed place to be and felt more like a share house than a hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the beds were really, really comfortable. For me it was a nice mix of a little party (we went out together one night) and quiet time.

I loved the location of Hostal Casa Valparaiso, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were very helpful.

Loved the staff, the people, and the location. Facilities were very okay.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The staff is lovely, it's easy to connect to other travellers and the location is perfect.

Nice hostel with a really nice staff, friendly people and an excellent breakfast. One of the shower didn't worked during my stay, but it was clearly the only little problem.

Located in the heart of Concepcion was the best. Helpful staff.

The location is awesome! It's a bit hidden, but right off the main road in the best Cerro. The atmosphere in the common area was good, and the staff is SUPER friendly and helpful - especially Santiago. I had a problem when I was there and he and the owner went above and beyond in what was called for in helping me. Santiago also provided the best tips and we really had a fun time because of them!

Great hostel with great guys working there. One of them takes you on a relaxed walking tour for the whole day, grabbing a beer or lunch whenever you want. He is a ' lekkerding ' too (Dutch for hot thing). Breakfast is good (although is starts at 9:30), beds are big and comfortable, free pisco sour everyday. The atmosphere is very relaxed and easy, with people baking cookies, having a drink and chat with each other. Wifi works good. No computers available. No staff during the night.

When we got there, we saw two bedbugs crawling over one of our beds. We told the staff, got a new room and then saw them putting some effort into cleaning the first room. We didn't here anyone complaining about bites during our stay, so it doesn't seem to be a larger problem. Generally it was one of the cleanest hostels i've ever been to. They have a pretty thorough cleaning lady. The staff is really nice and helpful and offers tons of informations and tips. Breakfast and location are awesome!

It was not really clean. Dirty is too much but it wasn't clean.

Staff are amazingly friendly and the atmosphere is really good with always something happening

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts