Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

We were three persons sleeping in a room together. There were no problems whatsoever, and the staff was really kind and thoughtful. Really good at giving advice and helping us - and even came back to us to ask if everything was okay, when we once needed medical help. Breakfast consisted of homemade juice, fresh bread, nice jam (not the cheap sugar stuff) and scrambled eggs. And a nice coffee. Best hostel breakfast ever. Actually the whole stay was one of the best hostel experiences ever.

Great place, good location and atmosphere.

• 30th Oct 2014

Lovely helpful staff. Great location. Nice brekki. Hot shower.

The location was hard to find, but once located - was actually in a cool spot - surrounded by street art. The bathrooms were just okay. The breakfast was just okay. They gave us free drinks the night I was there - which was nice - followed by consistently being asked to go with the owner to a club. After repeatedly saying no - he came into my dorm room, up to my bed - and insisted that I come - and asking how I could not want to come. This experience left a very negative taste in my mouth.

Michael, efectivamente te ofrecimos e intentamos motivar que salieras con todo el grupo que alojaba esa noche en el Hostel. Simplemente buscamos que nuestros visitantes disfruten y conozcan las diferentes opciones que entrega Valparaíso en cuanto a diversion. Cada vez que te preguntamos, tu respuesta en español era, "por ahora no, después.." producto de ello se insistio. Creo que hubo un problema de comunicación. Disculpa las molestias que pudimos ocasionarte.

Amazing hostel. Everyone who worked there was so welcoming and friendly. Good facilities and great location, also they gave me very good information on the activities around Valparaiso and what to look out for, I certainly had a lovely time in this place and I will definitely come back to this hostel, also the breakfast was good and good showers with hot water 24/7.

Really enjoyed the social atmosphere! The staff were very helpful and had great recommendations. Didn't like how cold it was, but the down blankets helped with that. Breakfast was great! (bread, eggs, juice). Need to fix the lockers though, many of them were broken.

• 16th Jul 2014