Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

Amazing hostel. Everyone who worked there was so welcoming and friendly. Good facilities and great location, also they gave me very good information on the activities around Valparaiso and what to look out for, I certainly had a lovely time in this place and I will definitely come back to this hostel, also the breakfast was good and good showers with hot water 24/7.

Really enjoyed the social atmosphere! The staff were very helpful and had great recommendations. Didn't like how cold it was, but the down blankets helped with that. Breakfast was great! (bread, eggs, juice). Need to fix the lockers though, many of them were broken.

• 16th Jul 2014

Decent hostel with handy central location. But one issue was bed bugs!! The rumours I'd heard unfortunately were true. They fumigated the day before I arrived but they were still alive and duly chewed on me. If booking there make 100% that they've eradicated them

Cobran cargoo por pago con tarjeta débito.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Location, kitchen and breakfast are good, but this place has issues with bedbugs though. My friend got many bites while staying here,but when we told the manager,he was not really impressed. Said it couldn´t come from the hostel itself,because they spray, but we clearly saw them walking on the walls and beds. Blankets are dirty. We left for another hostel and when we told them we came from this hostel, they washed and fuminated all our stuff, so the problem is apparently well known in the area.

We apologize for the problems. Casa Valparaiso Hostel has taken steps, making a professional fumigation in their rooms. It is important to understand that this is a problem that is transmitted between travelers hostel to hostel and not a hygiene issue. Cheers and have a nice trip!

Bed bugs can happen anywhere (I've gotten them in a 4-star hotel), but this hostel is seriously in denial. They need to close up for a couple of days, WASH everything (not just spray) and THEN reopen, PERIOD. This has been going on for months.Blankets are dirty, staff members with visible bites DENY the bed bugs, and the manager, who found me sleeping on the couch in the common area to avoid getting bitten, acted surprised, but clearly wasn't. Good breakfast and very social atmosphere, at least.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts