Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

This hostel is in a great location. Quite perfect actually to get where you need to go in Valparaiso. The staff was very helpful. The wifi worked great and plenty of hot water. It wasn't very busy when I was there so access to the facilities was easy. Beds were comfortable, overall a great stay.

Wonderfull staff, great location and good vibes would stay here again if ever passing through

My group of friends and I all LOVED Hostal Casa Valparaíso! Located at almost the top of Cerro Concepción, this hostel has a good location for viewing the city's beautiful street art. The rooms are comfortably sized, and the breakfast is great. The employees at this hostel are absolutely wonderful as well, especially Santi and Patricia! Their overall friendliness was greatly appreciated and they went above and beyond their normal duties to make sure we made the most of our two days in the city.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great staff great breakfast

A good Hostel especially considering location. It has a nice homely character, however, lacking in computers for internet access. The bunk beds need an upgrade, they are very creaky. However, that being said the staff are very friendly and gave some good suggestions, breakfast is nice, includes scrambled eggs. People saying here need to understand that noise travels both internally and externally, so shouldn't complain to the staff about people returning back to the hostel late.

It was fine for the one night we stayed but we did check out and go else where for our second night in Valpo. We didn't get the friendliest of welcomes. You get your own key to the front door as there is no night staff on. In a dorm of 8 people only 4 lockers worked. Breakfast was ok. The bathrooms weren't very nice. Either burning hot or freezing and quite dirty. Only 2 showers for the hostel so waiting around to get in. Location was good though!

Thanks for your review. We apologize if the welcoming didn't seem to you the best possible, we always do our best to make the people feel like at home. We give all the guests a key so they are free to come and go whenever they want. Actually that day we had some lockers in bad conditions, while the others were working; later we fixed them. When we have such problems we inform the guests that we can take care of their valuables in our storage room. Hope you're fine and enjoying yor trip.

I loved my time at Casa Valparaiso, so much that I am staying again. The facilities were great but it's the atmosphere that made it for me. The bbq outside in the lane and the DIY cooking facilities meant we could join forces and make some great food. Would recommend staying there, the area is safe and there's so much amazing street art you'll never put your camera down.

This hostel is in the area La Concepción where many wallpaintings are. It's a beautiful location and even the hostel has wallpaintings. I really liked this hostel because it wasn't too big. It felt like home.

Hostel staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hostel is situated in a touristic centre where almost all the attractions are within walking distance. Almost every night, there'll be a little house party in the common room of the hostel and it's good for all the guests to share their travelling experiences. This hostel will be better if there're more bathrooms with usable showers since there's only one which can be used in the hostel at the moment.

The beds are a little short if you are on a bottom bunk. The breakfast is really good with these delicious eggs. Nice size kitchen and great wifi. Overall an okay hostel but there are a ton in the area to choose from.

Lovely and kind hostel, great helpful staff and a breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs and fresh made fruitjuice. They have some good tips for the city and are located straight in the middle of the beautiful and artistic hill. Going there by foot or funicular is a great coming home. I like this hostel a lot!

I really recommend this place. Location is good and hostel really fits the boheme atmosphere of the district. Also the staff was great, very helpful and a good company. They ewven had a pisco sour night (for free)

I really liked this hostel. It was a really nice, relaxed place to be and felt more like a share house than a hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the beds were really, really comfortable. For me it was a nice mix of a little party (we went out together one night) and quiet time.

Good location in the town, but only had one shower for all of hostel which was not great and tended to be cold.

I loved the location of Hostal Casa Valparaiso, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were very helpful.

Loved the staff, the people, and the location. Facilities were very okay.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The staff is lovely, it's easy to connect to other travellers and the location is perfect.

Nice hostel with a really nice staff, friendly people and an excellent breakfast. One of the shower didn't worked during my stay, but it was clearly the only little problem.

Located in the heart of Concepcion was the best. Helpful staff.

The location is awesome! It's a bit hidden, but right off the main road in the best Cerro. The atmosphere in the common area was good, and the staff is SUPER friendly and helpful - especially Santiago. I had a problem when I was there and he and the owner went above and beyond in what was called for in helping me. Santiago also provided the best tips and we really had a fun time because of them!

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts