Hostal Casa Valparaiso Reviews

Galvez 173., Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

If you're young and like to party, this is your hostel. But if you want somewhere relaxing and some quietness at night, you need to look somewhere else. Breakfast doesn't start till 9:30am, and there are only 2 showers for the dorms. The price is good but you definitely get what you paid for.

Hi, thanks for your review. We complain that when you did the check-in and we informed you about the breakfast time you didn't mention that you would have preferred doing it earlier, as some of our visitors do when they need. We want also to clarify that we are not a "hostel party", our hostel is ideal for people who enjoy sharing with other travelers. In 3 nights we never received a noise complaint, how could we know that you was feeling uncomfortable? Hope you're fine and enjoying your trip.

Good hostel, close to the central city. Standout breakfast, fresh bread and eggs.

Great location near tons of street art. Easy to get down into the lower part of the city. Hostel was decently clean and breakfast was good. Friendly atmosphere.

Really lovely staff, fantastic cooked scrambled egg breakfast every morning, wonderful location in the middle of the colourful touristic area. Would definitely recommend.

A hostel in the heart of Valparaiso UNESCO heritage. We keep seeing walking tours passing by and when having a good BBQ with Vino outside at night, its an easy place to meet people. Breakfast is communal style where its either you socialize or skip breakfast.

There are bedbugs in the beds in the upstairs dorm!! I saw some during the night and had bites everywhere (only developed after I left, so I didn't have the possibility to speak to the hostel about it)

I love this hostal, I'm sure that I will came back again.

great breakfast!

Really cosy hostal, the staff js helpfull, the beda are really nice and they organised a barbeque with cheap choripan and wine.

Good hostel, angry cat lives there. good location

• 28th Nov 2014

Really good atmosphere and vibe, great location! Staff really friendly and helpful. Bit of a shame that there are only 2 bathrooms but apart from that would definitely recommend staying here!!

i appreciate your comment. Sadly you didn't see that we have three bathrooms. we hope to see you again. Have a nice trip!

Excellent hostel, with prime location, close to the port. Needs one more bathroom, but other than enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly, and good vibe in the common area to meet people.

We were three persons sleeping in a room together. There were no problems whatsoever, and the staff was really kind and thoughtful. Really good at giving advice and helping us - and even came back to us to ask if everything was okay, when we once needed medical help. Breakfast consisted of homemade juice, fresh bread, nice jam (not the cheap sugar stuff) and scrambled eggs. And a nice coffee. Best hostel breakfast ever. Actually the whole stay was one of the best hostel experiences ever.

Great place, good location and atmosphere.

• 30th Oct 2014

Lovely helpful staff. Great location. Nice brekki. Hot shower.

The location was hard to find, but once located - was actually in a cool spot - surrounded by street art. The bathrooms were just okay. The breakfast was just okay. They gave us free drinks the night I was there - which was nice - followed by consistently being asked to go with the owner to a club. After repeatedly saying no - he came into my dorm room, up to my bed - and insisted that I come - and asking how I could not want to come. This experience left a very negative taste in my mouth.

Michael, efectivamente te ofrecimos e intentamos motivar que salieras con todo el grupo que alojaba esa noche en el Hostel. Simplemente buscamos que nuestros visitantes disfruten y conozcan las diferentes opciones que entrega Valparaíso en cuanto a diversion. Cada vez que te preguntamos, tu respuesta en español era, "por ahora no, después.." producto de ello se insistio. Creo que hubo un problema de comunicación. Disculpa las molestias que pudimos ocasionarte.

1 2 Next » last »