Hostal Casa Vieja Reviews

Cerrada de Londres # 7, Colonia Juarez (Between Sevilla Ave. & Toledo St.), Mexico City, Mexico

The hostel is clean but there is no atmosphere at all. There is only one shower (and bathroom) for all the ladies... Not very convenient. To go to the room you have to take a small emergency staircase outside that looks quite unsafe. The breakfast is very básic, toast and jam.

Not really a backpacker hostel, but it's a good location in Colonia Roma right next to the Sevilla metro stop. Sound really travels in here so if you're a light sleeper, make sure you pack earplugs. If I stayed here again, I'd probably try to book a private room.

One of the rooms didn't have an electric connection, so it was hard for the 4-5 guests of that room to share the ones on the common area to charge our smartphones.

The hostel was very friendly and clean. Especially for the money it was a great location, exactly what we needed. Our only complaints were the hot water running out in the shower, and the alley flooding during rain. We also had to wait 5 minutes to get back in while in the rain because the staff was across the street.

• 25th Mar 2015

Great location and the staff are lovely. Very helpful.

There are only 2 1/2 bathrooms for all guest.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Room was too small and stayed 5 persons in total.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hostal Casa Vieja. The first night Blanca was very kind to me and told many places near by I should visit. I love the smaller atmosphere of this hostel. I felt very much at home and would definitely stay again.