Hostal Casa Vieja Reviews

Cerrada de Londres # 7, Colonia Juarez (Between Sevilla Ave. & Toledo St.), Mexico City, Mexico

Bathroom floor can get a little slippery.

Pros: Good location in Mexico City and the staff is nice and helpful. Clean. Cons: I would never stay here again, this place should NOT be called a hostel. It is a converted apartment with three rooms, with the entrance in a mud filled alley. It has none of the social benefits of a hostel, just pick a hotel. Absolutely NO atmosphere. Poor common area.

This hostel is in a perfect location, right next to the metro and near tons of good food. The staff is nice and everything is clean and comfortable.

Stayed 2 nights - staff really nice, tidying all the time,helpful, friendly. Really cheap price -for a great accommodation. Location -just off a tube station -tube very easy to work out if you have a tube map -we used it daily. We struggled a little bit to find the hostel as we arrived at night -it is not on the main road -but a few steps from main road. Breakfast basic -bread, butter, jam -but it correspond with price. Highly recommended

Nice people around :)

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Mexico

This place is basically a run down apartment used as a hostel. It is in a good area, but that's all it has going for it. There is only one bathroom and it is run down and gets dirty quick. The rooms could use a paint job. There is a very small common area and that's about it- it does not even feel like a traditional hostel. I felt like a lot of the reviews online for this place misrepresented the hostel. I've stayed at a few hostels around Mexico and this place was the worst.

thank you very much for your recommendations. We inform you that we have already made the necessary repairs

The BEST hostel I had the pleasure to b in Mexico City. Alberto the GM is always ensuring all is OK, Jazmin the day secretary is very sweet, the night gentleman is also very nice plus the hostel is excellently located, their beds r confy areas constantly cleaned, and since is a small place the atmosfere is family style. Next time I am in DF I have to lodge here.

Nice hostel - pretty basic. Enjoyed the rooftop and the staff was always very friend. Plus, the location cannot be beat - its right in the heart of Zona Rosa, steps away from great food and a subway station. I definitely recommend this hostel.