Hostal Casa Vieja Reviews

Cerrada de Londres # 7, Colonia Juarez (Between Sevilla Ave. & Toledo St.), Mexico City, Mexico

Nice people around :)

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Mexico

This place is basically a run down apartment used as a hostel. It is in a good area, but that's all it has going for it. There is only one bathroom and it is run down and gets dirty quick. The rooms could use a paint job. There is a very small common area and that's about it- it does not even feel like a traditional hostel. I felt like a lot of the reviews online for this place misrepresented the hostel. I've stayed at a few hostels around Mexico and this place was the worst.

thank you very much for your recommendations. We inform you that we have already made the necessary repairs

The BEST hostel I had the pleasure to b in Mexico City. Alberto the GM is always ensuring all is OK, Jazmin the day secretary is very sweet, the night gentleman is also very nice plus the hostel is excellently located, their beds r confy areas constantly cleaned, and since is a small place the atmosfere is family style. Next time I am in DF I have to lodge here.

Nice hostel - pretty basic. Enjoyed the rooftop and the staff was always very friend. Plus, the location cannot be beat - its right in the heart of Zona Rosa, steps away from great food and a subway station. I definitely recommend this hostel.

The only problem was that a went out on friday night and came back to the hostel abour 5 am, it was supposed to be someone at the recepcion 24 hs to open the front door... he fell asleep and i have been in the street freezing for an entire hour.

The best value option in town! The hostal is in a very good area, just few steps away from M Sevilla, taxis de Sitio and colectivo buses making it very easy to get around this fantastic city! It's in a very good colonia called Juarez, better known as la zona rosa and you can walk to other great neighborhoods. The hostel is basic but super clean and the staff is very friendly, I felt like I was in my own apartment in DF. Will miss Mexico City ! Besos

I've stayed in a number of hostels in the past and I must say, this has been my favourite. The staff(Joel and Jasmine)made me feel right at home from the first minute I arrived there and have become good friends with them now. The location is perfect, it's safe, walking distance to a number of huge attractions and good, cheap restaurants just around the corner. Peace, Francois

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • South Africa

4 nights for 3 (online deal) was good value. Beds were comfy. Staff were friendly. Only 2 bathrooms for all the rooms so had to queue up often (sometimes no toilet roll). Rooms surround common area with a TV - supposed to go of at 1am! but a couple of times on past 2am. Noise travels from common area so hard to sleep if lots of people up. Don't clean rooms but did open our curtains each day and one day left the window open too. Good basic breakfast and good communal kitchen.