Hostal Castilla II Puerta del Sol Reviews

Marques Viudo de Pontejos No 2, 1 planta, Madrid, Spain

Great location, good rooms, quite big and clean

Please be a little more polite to English speakers - I made an effort to speak Spanish, albeit not very well.

The hostel was great, but I had a very unpleasant interaction with a man working there. It was my first day in Madrid and had booked a private single room, but had a friend traveling with me just for the day, so she left her stuff in my room while we looked around. When we got back to the hostel to get her stuff before she left Madrid, the man was incredibly rude and wouldn't let her go get her stuff in my room. He was snarky and made me go into the room to pack up my friend's belongings.

• 6th Apr 2014

Staff is not nice and not really helpful. Additionally almost none can speak proper comunicative english! Rooms are ok but bathrooms not really.

• 1st Mar 2014