Hostal Castilla II Puerta del Sol Reviews

Marques Viudo de Pontejos No 2, 1 planta, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The hostel was great, but I had a very unpleasant interaction with a man working there. It was my first day in Madrid and had booked a private single room, but had a friend traveling with me just for the day, so she left her stuff in my room while we looked around. When we got back to the hostel to get her stuff before she left Madrid, the man was incredibly rude and wouldn't let her go get her stuff in my room. He was snarky and made me go into the room to pack up my friend's belongings.

• 6th Apr 2014

Staff is not nice and not really helpful. Additionally almost none can speak proper comunicative english! Rooms are ok but bathrooms not really.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Poland

I stayed here the 24-27 December 2013. When I went to check out and return a blow dryer and adaptor the hotel lent me the lady working there was extremely rude, beyond belief. The whole time she was looking at me up and down as if I was worthless and was rolling her eyes constantly. I wished her a good morning, her response was a nasty look as if to say"whatdo you want" when I was leaving after all her nasty attitude I said "have a nice day" she sti gave me a nasty look. Terrible employees.

• 24th Dec 2013