Hostal Castilla II Puerta del Sol Reviews

Marques Viudo de Pontejos No 2, 1 planta, Madrid, Spain

The deputy manager is a bully. Despite your terms a conditions and confirmation email, to hostel has taken money from my credit card. One nights. The manager basically said to leave rather than deal with my complaint. Being gay pride in Madrid, Spains largest festival, I wouldn't have been able to go elsewhere. He bullied me into accepting this charge. A truly dreadful man.

Great location but some staff members spoke limited to no English. I also would have liked more of an introduction to the city such as someone going over a map with us like some hostels do.

• 12th May 2015

Like a hotel, for me was a nice place!!! No breakfast but you have many options around there. New beds please!!!

Such great location.sure super clean. Amazing location 1minute from sol metro.

The location was perfect! Our room was faced to the street so it was a bit noisy during the weekend, but we had earplugs so it didn't really matter..

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Finland

More like a budget hotel than a hostel. Comfortable, clean, functional but quite impersonal. Excellent bathroom. Probably worth asking for a room that has a window to the street, the interior room was a little claustrophobic. Fantastic location, basically good value for money.

Good if you're looking simply for a safe, clean place to sleep. No community atmosphere whatsoever and some staff members were very rude when I arrived in the morning and wanted to leave my bag until I could officially check in. Good location a block from the Sol metro stop and close walk to many other major sights like the palace. I stayed in a private room, but didn't see another person there my entire stay, so you won't find pub crawls, breakfasts, etc.

Not the nicest staff. Also I ordered a single room with one bed and got two small beds instead but after 20 hours of traveling and jetlag I was too tired to complain. Kind of expensive for what you get.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts