Hostal Castilla II Puerta del Sol Reviews

Marques Viudo de Pontejos No 2, 1 planta, Madrid, Spain

The location was perfect! Our room was faced to the street so it was a bit noisy during the weekend, but we had earplugs so it didn't really matter..

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Finland

More like a budget hotel than a hostel. Comfortable, clean, functional but quite impersonal. Excellent bathroom. Probably worth asking for a room that has a window to the street, the interior room was a little claustrophobic. Fantastic location, basically good value for money.

Good if you're looking simply for a safe, clean place to sleep. No community atmosphere whatsoever and some staff members were very rude when I arrived in the morning and wanted to leave my bag until I could officially check in. Good location a block from the Sol metro stop and close walk to many other major sights like the palace. I stayed in a private room, but didn't see another person there my entire stay, so you won't find pub crawls, breakfasts, etc.

Not the nicest staff. Also I ordered a single room with one bed and got two small beds instead but after 20 hours of traveling and jetlag I was too tired to complain. Kind of expensive for what you get.

The Hostel is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, clean and tidy. It is located at Puerta del Sol what means near de shopping centres, near the metro and near the Ministeries. It has free wi fi, tv, coffee machine. You wil enjoy it.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Loved it. Will recommend it to my friends and when I visit Madrid again, I'll choose this hostel again.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

We had a very large room with a nice badroom with a double sink, bathtub and even a bidet. It was such a pity that there ware som temperatureproblems. the room was at least 28 celsius and the water in the bathroom was inconsistent. Sometimes it wouldn't heat at all. After we complained for the 2th time came and check. When he came, the shower was hot. He didn't believe us and was very irritated that he had to come to our room. Ahe superfriendly cleaningstaff and the clean room made up a lot.

• 5th Jan 2015

This is a no frills hostel. I had a last minute need for a room and was able to reserve a room. The room had a balcony with a great view, a comfortable bed and nice little TV. The bathroom needed some work - the sink wasn't fully finished around the bowl). I didn't see a hair dryer, in case you'll need one.

Hello, I was charged an additional 83.90 euro charge on my Credit Card by Hostal Castilla II on the 28th of December in addition to the full fees mentioned by you in the confirmation email which was 427 euros in total, 67.18 paid as a deposit and the rest paid in the hostel. Please let me know why I was charged the 83.90 and how can I get a refund? Thanks, Ahmed Ennarah

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

Rely clean and pleasant rooms and polite staff :) recommend hostel and worth every cent ;)

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts