Hostal Central Reviews

Ronda Universitat # 11, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Stayed here twice before, and again had no problems at all. Maybe I'm older, was less drunk this trip , or just can't remember - but it was noisier than I recall! That apart spot on.

• 21st Oct 2012
  • Scotland

The guy that works during the night can be rude under normal circumstances. The rest of the staff is friendly. The place is ok although basic, I think is good value for money.

My wife and I stayed for three nights. We had a private room with windows that opened up into the courtyard (no street noise!). The room was spacious and tidy. You have to be buzzed into the building and there is always some on staff at the desk so pretty safe. We were a 3 minute walk away from La Rambla and 10 minutes in any direction from wonderful attractions and food! Only downside is there is no drain in the bathroom floor so if you are not super careful you will flood the bathroom floor.

Basic accommodation but clean and comfortable. No TV in my room and wall mounted fan did not work properly. For the price I would use again as the staff were friendly and helpful and the location is excellent.

• 8th Oct 2012

Hostal Central had a relatively good location, close to La Rambla, but in a somewhat quieter area of town. The staff was kind and receptive; not incredibly helpful about the town, but I also didn't ask given that I'd been to Barcelona in the past. Our room was small, but that didn't matter because we didn't stay there much. More importantly, the bathroom was very clean and the rooms were cleaned regularly. The hostel is a bit older and hasn't been overly updated, but it does the job.

I went to Barcelona with my Mum. We had an amazing time. The only downside was missing airconditioning. Location and staff were the best. Will come back. Thank you

• 10th Sep 2012
  • Poland

Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room for the cost. Staff were very pleasant and helpful : quite sweet actually. A little difficult to meet people as the common area (apart from the kitchen) was a small spot at the reception. Would return though.

Room is decent, owner is nice, but too, too noisy (especialy inside the hostel). Couldn't sleep during the night. No common areas.

All round an excellent hostel. Would certainly stay there again on next visit to Barcelona.

Very nice..thank you!

The only problem is the lack of air-conditione.

• 14th Aug 2012
  • Poland

I was welcomed very nicely by a Portuguese staff member, thank you for that! Room was good, but I didn't like it that I could not shower after 22.00 in the evening (arrived around 23.00 after a hot day)... Very good info about the area and in the morning they let me stay to use the wifi after I handed in my key :-)

The guy at reception gave us an upgrade to a better room for no extra cost which was awesome. I would definitely recommend getting a room with air conditioning because the nights get super super hot and it's almost unbearable. The events they plan were kinda iffy, not exactly fun. The bar crawl was pretty lame. It's close to a tube station.

Good location, right near metro stations and La Rambla. Aerobus from airport drops you about 200m from hostel which is great. The hostel was nice unfortunately there wasn't a kitchen. Hostel was quiet but our rooms Window opened up onto a busy street so it was quite loud.

Ostello bellissimo e molto confortevole! Vicino al centro e alla metro! Staff molto cordiale e serio!!

The hostel is extremely good and value for money, the 4 bed mixed room is extremely clean and the atmosphere is just awesome. the location is great and convenient. will definitely come back for the next time without any hesitation but not in the summer days because there is no air conditioning.

excellent location. Only 3 minutes from La Rambla - the main street of Barcelona reception open 24/7 and staff is very nice and helpful the building is very old, so the toilets make an annoying noise no closet in the room, only a few shelves instead once at night, we made a reasonable noise at our room, and despite that the reception guy asked us to be quite (like in a boarding school)

• 22nd Jul 2012
  • Israel

Location is very good.Personnels are helpful.And there is elevator in the building.Nice and clean place.

Very helpful and nice staff!

• 13th Jul 2012
  • Estonia

Good location, but not a good hostel if you are looking to meet other travelers.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts