Hostal Central Reviews

Ronda Universitat # 11, Barcelona, Spain

The hostal has a great location. The windows do not close properly, so the noise from the outside is quite annoying. The staff is not very welcoming. They should be more willing to help tourists. But in general, the hostal is ok.

We had very pleasent stay here. The hostel is located in touristic heart of Barceloca, very near to La Rambla, Diagonal, Catalan Square, Universitad Metor station. Room was maybe not too big but clean and tidy. Lockers in rooms are available on request. Coffe, tee as much as you can get. Very quiet place even if you sleep during a day. During my next stay in Barcelona I'll choose this place again. I almost forgot to mention - the stair well with an elevator looks like for James Bond movie

They sell breakfast includs, but the breakfast is only coffee or tea, nothing more! Eles vendem que o café da manhã (pequeno almoço) está incluso na diária mas na verdade só servem café ou tea, nada a mais.

the room was dated , it was clean and for the money it was excellent value , only down side was street noise through the night , earplugs are a must , but we accepted that because of the prime location , would stay again .

• 15th Feb 2013

Everything was great

• 9th Jan 2013

No thrills hostel which is located right in the middle of things - good if you like that. Small safe box in room, reception couldn't help with storing a laptop safely. Still very good value for money though.

I have stayed with my parents and everything was great! Thank you..

very good location! I wondering that facilities will be better, the kettle was broken and we were waiting 3 days for new one. The staff...it`s depend because every day/ night was someone new. But if you are looking for the place only for sleep its ok!

• 26th Nov 2012
  • Poland

Stayed here twice before, and again had no problems at all. Maybe I'm older, was less drunk this trip , or just can't remember - but it was noisier than I recall! That apart spot on.

• 21st Oct 2012
  • Scotland

The guy that works during the night can be rude under normal circumstances. The rest of the staff is friendly. The place is ok although basic, I think is good value for money.

My wife and I stayed for three nights. We had a private room with windows that opened up into the courtyard (no street noise!). The room was spacious and tidy. You have to be buzzed into the building and there is always some on staff at the desk so pretty safe. We were a 3 minute walk away from La Rambla and 10 minutes in any direction from wonderful attractions and food! Only downside is there is no drain in the bathroom floor so if you are not super careful you will flood the bathroom floor.

Basic accommodation but clean and comfortable. No TV in my room and wall mounted fan did not work properly. For the price I would use again as the staff were friendly and helpful and the location is excellent.

• 8th Oct 2012

Hostal Central had a relatively good location, close to La Rambla, but in a somewhat quieter area of town. The staff was kind and receptive; not incredibly helpful about the town, but I also didn't ask given that I'd been to Barcelona in the past. Our room was small, but that didn't matter because we didn't stay there much. More importantly, the bathroom was very clean and the rooms were cleaned regularly. The hostel is a bit older and hasn't been overly updated, but it does the job.

I went to Barcelona with my Mum. We had an amazing time. The only downside was missing airconditioning. Location and staff were the best. Will come back. Thank you

• 10th Sep 2012
  • Poland

Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room for the cost. Staff were very pleasant and helpful : quite sweet actually. A little difficult to meet people as the common area (apart from the kitchen) was a small spot at the reception. Would return though.

Room is decent, owner is nice, but too, too noisy (especialy inside the hostel). Couldn't sleep during the night. No common areas.

All round an excellent hostel. Would certainly stay there again on next visit to Barcelona.

Very nice..thank you!

The only problem is the lack of air-conditione.

• 14th Aug 2012
  • Poland

I was welcomed very nicely by a Portuguese staff member, thank you for that! Room was good, but I didn't like it that I could not shower after 22.00 in the evening (arrived around 23.00 after a hot day)... Very good info about the area and in the morning they let me stay to use the wifi after I handed in my key :-)

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts