Hostal Chaska Wasi Reviews

Plaza de Armas s/n (frente a la municipalidad), Ollantaytambo, Peru

Super friendly!

• 14th Jul 2014

We were catching the early train and the owner / manager was annoyed that we were leaving for the early train. Didn't have any change on them for the payment. But was kind enough to let us go and pay later. She was really nice. Just let them know that you are leaving early

The Hostal is perfect,. period!! This is the second year we stop here and still delighted. Also you cannot find more friendly than Kathy (the owner)! She will give you many tips and even arrange for you taxi trips at a price only residents should expect, I forgot my passport and jacket in a collectivo from Cusco but Thanks to her help I was able to find both back (can you imagine she left her Hostal to came with me to help!!). Thank You Kathy for been so kind and keeping your Hostal delightful!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Location is great, easy to get food and drink as well as collectivo on the way back to Cusco. Staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She can give you some advice where to go and what to do.

Pros: Easy to find at central plaza. Super friendly owners. Super duper comfy feather doona on the bed. Tv lounge room with massive tv - perfect for world cup. Cons: temperamental showers -only sometimes warm (but owner helped as much as she could). Very basic breakfast included,bread and jam (but you can opt to pay extra for eggs if you wish). Overall, a good choice for ollantaytambo.

Very helpful service. Nice atmosphere. Rooms a little worn. There are no lockers in the room.

I stayed at the Chaska Wasi for two nights. The location is fantastic right on the Plaza de Armas. During my stay was the Choquechilca festival, Ollanta's biggest of the year, so while there was plenty of festivities, the music did last well into the night, the next morning in fact. But instead of trying to beat the music, I joined it! Katy and Davide are incredible hosts. They invited me around to check out the festival on both nights. The cats are lovely. Plumbing needed repair but worked.

• 7th Jun 2014

When I arrived and the next morning when I left the water in the 10 bed dorm didn't work which meant no shower, no flushing, couldn't brush teeth, etc. worked in the evening though and the shower dripped all night. Good location but wouldn't stay more than one night

It was right at the Plaza but the hostel sign is small and not colorful. It's a bit difficult to find as I got there at night. Water is not hot, just warm with low pressure. Bed is good. Wifi is slow and not get into the dorm room. The owner lady is funny & strict. Not allow to use wi-fi at dining table. Breakfast is limit per person. But it is cheap stay so I think this is very worth the money while travelling to the other city anyway.

• 21st May 2014
  • Thailand

I reserved a room for two nights at Chaska Wasi and was set to arrive at 7am. My plan was to drop my things before getting on my train to Machu Picchu. The location is great its about 5 minutes from the station and its right in the center of the Plaza de Armas. I arrived a little early so I waited until around 6:45 but became nervous because there was no sign any one was even inside. it was 6:50 and I had a train to catch so I ended up going to the hostel next door and booking a room.

Beautiful place, helpful staff, lovely cats. Overall, a wonderful experience!

• 17th May 2014

We had a reservation for a twin but their internet crashed and they didn't receive our reservation so we were placed in an 4-bed dorm that we had to ourselves. We only stayed for a night so not a big deal. It's close (10minutes walking, 1,50 soles by mototaxi) to the train station for Machu Picchu.

A good value, basic hostal right on the Plaza. The wifi works, the showers are hot and the owner is lovely.

I had a pleasant stay during my short time in Lima. The staff is very friendly, nice, and eager to help. The hostel has lovely common areas and a small but nice patio. Breakfast is included - good bread and tea/coffee. Bathrooms are reasonably clean. The dorm I stayed in was large but no issues sleeping. Beds were okay. Wifi worked reasonably well, just a bit of a weaker signal in the dorm. Neighborhood is quiet, location is fine, good place if you want to rest a few days for sure :)

The hostal is average,our sheets where very dirty when we arrive, on the other hand the manager was all the time in the social aera usin the TV, then when we wanted to use it to watch a movie was imposible because she was there. The manager is obtrusive It looks more as a familly house where you have to be quiet since very early.

• 6th May 2014
  • Colombia

I loved this hostel. I could quite happily have stayed a lot longer, there is so much to do in this area if you love the outdoors & history. This is a perfect base to explore the sacred Valley, & with a bike hire shop next door it makes it very easy. Location is right on the square so is perfect & easy to find. I also like the fact that Katty is very involved in the local community, if you want to do any volunteering then she can make genuine suggestions for you.

Okay for one night. The woman working there forgot to tell us that you needed to turn on the water in the bathroom to use anything in it, so we thought the bathroom was broken for most of our stay. No lockers or keys given so if you're in the dorm, bring your own lock or take your valuables when you walk around town. That being said, excellent location and fair prices.

The hostel is very good located, right in the main square of the town. I never had any problems with hot showers, in two days it worked perfectly. After 11 pm the reception is closed, so you have to knock the door and be lucky that the owner hears it and opens the door for you.

Katy is one of the best hostel owner I hace come across. She cares abouts the guests, speaks a beautiful English and is so knoledgable. She was so helpul that made me enjoy not only my stay at Ollanta but my visit to the Sacred Valley. The hostel is clean, nice to stay and had a barbecue that unfortunately I did not use. Stay here in Ollanta instead of Aguas Calientes as far as the train stars and ends the journey at Ollanta. Katy knows everything you need to know.

Good and nice hostel in the main square! Big dormitory and bathroom. Staff really helpfull and welcoming.

View all Ollantaytambo Bed and Breakfasts