Hostal Chaska Wasi Reviews

Plaza de Armas s/n (frente a la municipalidad), Ollantaytambo, Peru

Good for one night. Staff is friendly, room was clean enough. Hard to give more opinions after such a short stay. For one night it was fine.

I didn't actually stay at this hostel. READ THIS before booking. When you arrive in Ollantaytambo, Chaska Wasi is in the lefthand bottom corner of the square when you first drive in. It will be hard to find. Your taxi driver/collectivo van driver will likely tell you where Chaska Wasi is- this is the ORIGINAL Chaska Wasi, which is down an alley and is now named Sumac Chaska. The owners of these two hostels fight, saying each person stole the other's name/building/etc. I would just avoid both.

When we went there, there was no running water so we couldn't have a shower and we were going to Machu Picchu the other day. There was no water because the elections or something like that. The staff is really welcoming and help you with everything you want. They let us leave our bags there and pick them late. They also gave us like 2 soles back for the inconvenience of the water.

Friendly staff make you feel welcome. There ius a smell of cats which some people might not like but otherwise it`s good value and great for meeting people.

Very simple hostel directly on the main square in Ollantaytambo. The facilities were ok, but wifi painfully slow and there was also no water during the day. Simple breakfast, but overall decent value for my money.

Good that they pick you up at station. Otherwise it's kinda hard to find. Unfortunately at my stay all Aguas Calientes had a blackout so I did not enjoy the nightlive very much but that is not the fault of the hostal. Lucky me got in late and even though booking a 6 bed dorm I had a 3 bed room by myself. :)

• 23rd Oct 2014

Our double room was clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The shower was okay, not hot, but okay. The internet was incredibly slow...we had to book our further trip, which in this case was simple not possible and we ended up paying for an internet café. The other annoying point was the door bell. It didn't work properly and you'd have to wait outside until someone heard you knocking on the door.

The owner was super nice. Nice common area with sofas and a cat. The wifi was sometimes off. We booked a double room but ended in a dorm for four instead so we had to sleep separately. Average breakfast with 2 breads, butter and jam.

We stayed for 2 days in a private room and everything was really good. staying in Ollantaytambo is better if you are going to Machu Pichu as trains will be much cheaper. This hostel is a 10 minutes walk from the train station which is an important aspect as you will be leaving pretty early for the train. The breakfast and wi-fi were a little poor but that usually is the case all over south america. Overall it was a satisfying stay

Rooms were cold, no heater provided. Beds were ok. Shower was unpredictable. Location was great.

There is a big problem here with the name of the hostel. If you ask a local, they gave us directios of about 2 blocks off the main square. When we got there I showed the man at the desk my reservation number and asked if this was CHASKA WASI? He told me it was but they changed the name and Hostel World just had not done so yet. At this point the owner KNEW this was not his reservation. SUMA CHASKA is not the same. Stay at SUMA and be awake all night with barking dogs. Cheating is not good

Nice place to stay and very helpful and friendly staff!

breakfast was only tea or coffee with bread and jam so pretty basic..our room had no mirror..place needs to be updated a bit..the common room was next to our room so we could smell cigarette smoke at nite..not good for allergies..at times we only had cold water for the shower..

View all Ollantaytambo Bed and Breakfasts