Hostal Chaska Wasi Reviews

Plaza de Armas s/n (frente a la municipalidad), Ollantaytambo, Peru

nice, cheap, on the main square so a bit noisy. ask how to make the shower hot before trying! really helpful owner, organised us a great tour of sacred valley for a day, would recommend.

Great location right on the central square near restaurants and buses for Machu Picchu and Cusco. Staff friendly and helpful with information on transport and sights. Wifi not amazing and virtually non-existent in the dorms. Breakfast basic but welcoming. Communal areas cleaned regularly. Overall a very good place to stay if you're thinking of spending a couple of nights in Ollantaytambo.

Staff was helpful, it is well located and one of the only cheap options in Ollantaytambo. Stayed there 3 nights and never had warm water in the shower and the beds were pretty uncomfortable as well.

Katy is a wonderful host who goes out of her way to help you. She is helping indinginous children in villages in the mountains and has heart for people. Location is great with great access to the ruins is right round the corner. Can't find more reasonable place.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very nice place and helpful and cheerful owner. For this price I think it's the best place to stay in Ollanta. I would recommend it!

• 28th Jul 2015

This probably would have been the best hostel I have stayed at in a while, but we had a lot of issues that made our stay unhappy. Our main issue was that when we arrived on the last train, we arrived to find the hostel completely dark and closed. No one would answer our knock, and no one answered our phone calls. We had a reservation, but had to wander the town and find somewhere else to stay at midnight after a long day of travelling. We got no apology or sympathy from the staff at Chaska Wasi.

The lady who owns and runs this hostel is very friendly. The rooms were large and in good shape. The hostel has some strange rules around when the wifi is available, and I was not able to get a hot shower, but they do offer a free simple breakfast. It is right on the Plaza so very central location.

The staff here are just excellent, really happy to help you in any way. The lovely lady who runs the Hostel stood outside for half an hour trying to get us a mini bus. Don't expect it to be the cleanest place you've ever stayed but it was more than adequate. Location is brilliant, right on the main square and only 5 minute walk to the train station.

• 11th Jul 2015

the woman who runs it is very nice and incredibly helpful. she got us a great deal on a driver to three different locations. the wifi was really bad, but it might just be that way in the small town. there wasn't really any hot water, but again that might have been something with the town. it's located right in the square which can be kind of loud. my bed was awful but my husband's bed was very comfy. over all we recommend it.

Lovely hostel ran by lovely people, bargain as well, nice base for the village and the sacred valley

Very friendly mom who runs the hostel and her son, good atmosphere and good location.

Great value and very comfortable beds and nice clean bathrooms

It smelled like cat pee everywhere and the beds were uncomfortable. The owner had a rule that you can't use wifi at the breakfast table, which seemed to be for her own personal beliefs on how guests should behave while eating. The shower was warm at best. Her response when asked if there was hot water: "the less you use the better it will be." There were not lockers in the rooms and the ones that were there you needed a key for. On a positive note, it had a good location & was nicely decorated.

Quite expensive for what you get. Hostel is right at the Plaza de Armas (although it doesn´t really matter as Ollantaytambo is really small). Rooms were ok, a common area/bar is available which is really nice. Beds are ok, the bathroom was smelly and not really clean though and there are no lockers. Breakfast is really poor unfortunately. The owner gives a lot of valuable information.

Beds were very thin, the showers were cold but clean. The location is great because it's right in the Plaza de Armas, but that also means that there is a LOT of noise all night.

Good clean beds...nice hot water. That's the bottom line. There was a bit of an ant problem in the bathroom, but they didn't bother me, so I didn't bother them. The wi-fi was painfully slow...when it was working, and breakfast was bread & jam with coffee. Overall, it was a good stay, as we only spent time there when sleeping. The staff (owner and her son) were incredibly nice and pleasant and let us pay with US$ when the both of the town's ATMs went down, which is apparently rather common.

Cheap, right at the Plaza de Armas, kind staff, owner speaks great English. Room was clean and everything was quiet, even the little bar. I couldn't get wifi to work and the outlets were not near beds, but I only stayed one night. There are a ton of restaurants all around, but I didn't have a map. A little far from the PeruRail station, but there are taxis even at 5:30 am in the plaza just waiting. I walked, and it look me about 12 minutes so it's doable. I had no problems during my stay!

Staff was very polite, warm and friendly. The place is very cute, well kept and in a good location! :)

Great place to stay with an awesome rooftop and a great view of the stars

Perfect location in the plaza in Ollantaytambo and great staff plus a cute cat. Short walk down to the train station. Our 10 bed dorm was nice and clean. It was little bit confusing, because in the reservation was that breakfast is not included, but then they offered us breakfast anyway. Wifi working only downstairs. Lockers didn't work, but they are trying to fix those.

View all Ollantaytambo Bed and Breakfasts