Hostal Chaska Wasi Reviews

Plaza de Armas s/n (frente a la municipalidad), Ollantaytambo, Peru

I had a great experience here! The hostel is clean, includes a rooftop and courtyard, breakfast and free Coca leaf tea, is as central as you could possible be. The owner, Katy, is super helpful and informative and speaks fluent English. She recommended some off-the beaten track, non-touristy places to visit and they were all very interesting. She is very flexible so I felt comfortable asking her for help with anything--including planning the trip to Machu Picchu. Definitely recommend Chaska!

Good for one night. Staff is friendly, room was clean enough. Hard to give more opinions after such a short stay. For one night it was fine.

I didn't actually stay at this hostel. READ THIS before booking. When you arrive in Ollantaytambo, Chaska Wasi is in the lefthand bottom corner of the square when you first drive in. It will be hard to find. Your taxi driver/collectivo van driver will likely tell you where Chaska Wasi is- this is the ORIGINAL Chaska Wasi, which is down an alley and is now named Sumac Chaska. The owners of these two hostels fight, saying each person stole the other's name/building/etc. I would just avoid both.

When we went there, there was no running water so we couldn't have a shower and we were going to Machu Picchu the other day. There was no water because the elections or something like that. The staff is really welcoming and help you with everything you want. They let us leave our bags there and pick them late. They also gave us like 2 soles back for the inconvenience of the water.

Friendly staff make you feel welcome. There ius a smell of cats which some people might not like but otherwise it`s good value and great for meeting people.

Very simple hostel directly on the main square in Ollantaytambo. The facilities were ok, but wifi painfully slow and there was also no water during the day. Simple breakfast, but overall decent value for my money.

Good that they pick you up at station. Otherwise it's kinda hard to find. Unfortunately at my stay all Aguas Calientes had a blackout so I did not enjoy the nightlive very much but that is not the fault of the hostal. Lucky me got in late and even though booking a 6 bed dorm I had a 3 bed room by myself. :)

• 23rd Oct 2014

Our double room was clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The shower was okay, not hot, but okay. The internet was incredibly slow...we had to book our further trip, which in this case was simple not possible and we ended up paying for an internet café. The other annoying point was the door bell. It didn't work properly and you'd have to wait outside until someone heard you knocking on the door.

The owner was super nice. Nice common area with sofas and a cat. The wifi was sometimes off. We booked a double room but ended in a dorm for four instead so we had to sleep separately. Average breakfast with 2 breads, butter and jam.

We stayed for 2 days in a private room and everything was really good. staying in Ollantaytambo is better if you are going to Machu Pichu as trains will be much cheaper. This hostel is a 10 minutes walk from the train station which is an important aspect as you will be leaving pretty early for the train. The breakfast and wi-fi were a little poor but that usually is the case all over south america. Overall it was a satisfying stay

View all Ollantaytambo Bed and Breakfasts