Hostal Chaska Wasi Reviews

Plaza de Armas s/n (frente a la municipalidad), Ollantaytambo, Peru

Good that they pick you up at station. Otherwise it's kinda hard to find. Unfortunately at my stay all Aguas Calientes had a blackout so I did not enjoy the nightlive very much but that is not the fault of the hostal. Lucky me got in late and even though booking a 6 bed dorm I had a 3 bed room by myself. :)

• 23rd Oct 2014

Our double room was clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The shower was okay, not hot, but okay. The internet was incredibly slow...we had to book our further trip, which in this case was simple not possible and we ended up paying for an internet café. The other annoying point was the door bell. It didn't work properly and you'd have to wait outside until someone heard you knocking on the door.

The owner was super nice. Nice common area with sofas and a cat. The wifi was sometimes off. We booked a double room but ended in a dorm for four instead so we had to sleep separately. Average breakfast with 2 breads, butter and jam.

We stayed for 2 days in a private room and everything was really good. staying in Ollantaytambo is better if you are going to Machu Pichu as trains will be much cheaper. This hostel is a 10 minutes walk from the train station which is an important aspect as you will be leaving pretty early for the train. The breakfast and wi-fi were a little poor but that usually is the case all over south america. Overall it was a satisfying stay

Rooms were cold, no heater provided. Beds were ok. Shower was unpredictable. Location was great.

There is a big problem here with the name of the hostel. If you ask a local, they gave us directios of about 2 blocks off the main square. When we got there I showed the man at the desk my reservation number and asked if this was CHASKA WASI? He told me it was but they changed the name and Hostel World just had not done so yet. At this point the owner KNEW this was not his reservation. SUMA CHASKA is not the same. Stay at SUMA and be awake all night with barking dogs. Cheating is not good

Nice place to stay and very helpful and friendly staff!

breakfast was only tea or coffee with bread and jam so pretty basic..our room had no mirror..place needs to be updated a bit..the common room was next to our room so we could smell cigarette smoke at nite..not good for allergies..at times we only had cold water for the shower..

Chaska Wasi was great! We ended up staying here twice...once before and once after our Machu Picchu trip. The staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities clean and a very homey atmosphere. We ended up meeting people we continued to travel with too which was awesome, good cohesive environment for that. The showers were warm-ish (not hot but definitely doable). They didn't have lockers unfortunately but everything felt very safe and you could lock up valuables downstairs. Definitely recommend!

Katy (the owner) is absolutely amazing - fun to talk to and very helpful. She also has several friendly cats, which I really enjoyed, but some guests were less pleased. The room was very basic but clean; my only real complaints was the very dim (purple) light in the room and the total lack of mirrors and outlets. We were only there one night so we didn't shower, so I can't comment on the water temps.

Taking a hot shower was a challenge but that is not the hostel's fault, the water pressure in Ollanta is simly very low and for that reason the boiler doesn't start. But the staff made up for it by guiding guests to different rooms where the currently was hot water!

Very nice staff. They really tried hard to have a social gathering at breakfast which was nice and it was great chatting with the other guests. The rooms were simple but quite comfortable, a nice charm about the place and a wonderful rooftop view you won't want to miss. We didn't get much for hot water in the shower but that's sort of standard for all the hostels we stayed at. Would recommend for sure!

No hot water, the shower was falling off the wall. Staff however were nice.

• 4th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a great location right off the main plaza. Katie the lady that runs the hostel was awesome, we had 6 hours to kill on our way to machu picchu and or reservation at the hostel was for the following day but katie still let us leave our packs with her and let us use bathrooms, rooftop and wifi which was really awesome. The cats are the best and the rooftop is an awesome place to enjoy the view.

Definitely recommend. Great staff, cute resident cats, basic breakfast but good to have it included for the price. Great little place!

The truth: great location in the plaza square, breakfast included, friendly staff The myth: they say they have hot water but out of 4 days I had warm water once and luke warm once, the rest was cold The lie: there is absolutely no fast internet here! It is super slow!

The staff here is very friendly and they give the whole hostel the "family living room" sort of vibe. They are also very helpful in suggesting things to do or ways to get there. It is located right in the middle of the main plaza of Ollantaytambo, close enough to the ruins and train station. They provided extra blankets and towels in the rooms which was very nice, however they did not provide toilet paper in the bathrooms nor did they have a kitchen for guests to use.

Located right in the plaza de armas in Ollanta. You can't ask for a better location. The staff was friendly and helpful. They let me store my bags after checkout for a few hours until it was time to catch my train. A very chill place to relax, not a party hostel. They also have two very friendly cats.

The staff was very friendly. The dorm room we stayed in had bunk bed that were comfortable for the night before heading out to Machu Picchu early the next morning. The hot water did not have much pressure & it was really more luke warm than hot.

Super friendly!