Hostal Chasqui

Superb 320 Total Reviews
Superb 320 Total Reviews

8th Apr 2017

Roberto is amazing, also had a lovely private room with a balcony! Shower wasn't great but for one night and $15 it was well worth it. Thanks!

• USA, Female, 41+
4th Mar 2017

This hostal lived up to all the great reviews. It was a charming place and Roberto was an excellent host. My only regret was only staying one night.

17th Feb 2017

This place is wonderful. I will say that it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, so if you're looking for that hostel 'vibe', this isn't the place for you. Roberto, the owner, is great and spent some time talking me through the map and what to do around town. He invited me to treat the place like my home and that's what it felt like. A real plus was that each room has a smart TV - I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed the luxury of sitting in bed and watching Netflix (in English!).

16th Feb 2017

Whew, what a hostel. From Roberto, the lovely, very helpful owner, to the balconies and large kitchen, this hostel is fantastic and possibly undercharging for its great services and building. Be aware that the Wi-Fi is pretty slow and sometimes choppy, but it works.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

I absolutely loved staying here & will definitely be returning whenever I am back in Otavalo! The place has great value for the cost. There are several terraces with gorgeous views of Otavalo. The rooms are fantastic (I stayed in a private room for a change from the dorm hostel life and it was so nice having my own balcony, bathroom, & tv!). The people running the hostel are SO awesome & very helpful. They've even made their own detailed map for their guests of Otavalo and the surrounding area!

13th Jan 2017

Great location and super cheap!

13th Jan 2017

Really great hostel, I had a private room with ensuite. Bed was really comfortable, rooms were really clean. Cute little terrace with great views. Easy to get everywhere in town. Great value for money

11th Jan 2017
2.0

It was closed for renovations.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

Owner was super helpful! We had a big, clean room with a private hot shower. It isn't quite as close to the market, bars, etc as some of the other hostels but that's also an advantage because you don't hear all of the noise from the city and the roof has an amazing view of the whole city!

17th Dec 2016

I loved the interesting layout of this hostel. It had great views of the city (which is also a great place) and Roberto is simply the best host ever. He laid out two perfect days for us in the city when we got there and was a great help for how and where to get to our next destination. I would love to bring family and friends to Otavalo in the future and would definitely stay here as my first option.