Hostal Chasqui Reviews

Piedrahita 141, Otavalo, Ecuador

Fantastic staff!!!!!

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. Flexible check in/check out is a rarity in South America. I appreciated this so much about this hotel, it cannot be underestimated! Staff members are helpful about maximizing your time in the area. I would definitely recommend and return! Thanks so much!

Spacious hostel with lovely views from room and roof terraces, in a peaceful area. Owner was so friendly, kind and helpful and gave us the best illustrated map I have seen on my travels. Shame the hostel was quiet and the communal areas looked a little derelict. With more people and a bit of attention it could be really excellent.

More hotel-like, the owner is extremely nice and helpful, good for a stopover and do not miss the saturday night cockfights!

There are lots more hostels and places to stay not listed on this site! This is more like a hotel, no dorms. Very basic. NO HOT WATER! Not clean toilets. No toilet paper. Door handle to bathroom came off! Located a bit further than everything else. No one around to help most of the time, but you ring a bell a few times and someone eventually appears. No atmosphere here. Wouldn't stay again!

Loved this hostel! Really friendly welcoming man on reception. Brilliant room with huge balcony with viewa view across town and ensuite. Stay here you won't be disappointed!

This was our 3rd hostel in Otavalo after 2 not so great prior experiences. It was great. A friendly welcome, a map of Otavalo on arrival, a great kitchen, good WiFi, hot water and free laundry. We were offered a choice of rooms and took the very top one. Some suggestions: please fix the shower in the top room so the water temperature is consistent. Please change your advertised payment options. They only take cash, no card. Please change the sponge in the kitchen more often. Gracias!

In a massive weird old building with a nice roof terrace and kitchen on the top floor . Staff are friendly and helpful and its walking distance to the market and main square

Stayed there one night, the guy from the reception was really helpful, facilities are good!!

Very friendly greeting from Milton who was very helpful and showed us round when we arrived. A map was supplied of the local area and included details for banks, markets, local walks and further afield. Kitchen facilities were good, wifi worked well, hot showers every day and there were washing lines. The hill mentioned by some other reviewers was really not that bad, I would describe it as a slope rather than a hill! Just a 5 minute stroll to the centre of town.

View all Otavalo Bed and Breakfasts