Hostal Chasqui

Superb 313 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 313 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017

This place is wonderful. I will say that it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, so if you're looking for that hostel 'vibe', this isn't the place for you. Roberto, the owner, is great and spent some time talking me through the map and what to do around town. He invited me to treat the place like my home and that's what it felt like. A real plus was that each room has a smart TV - I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed the luxury of sitting in bed and watching Netflix (in English!).

13th Jan 2017

Great location and super cheap!

13th Jan 2017

Really great hostel, I had a private room with ensuite. Bed was really comfortable, rooms were really clean. Cute little terrace with great views. Easy to get everywhere in town. Great value for money

11th Jan 2017
2.0

It was closed for renovations.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

Owner was super helpful! We had a big, clean room with a private hot shower. It isn't quite as close to the market, bars, etc as some of the other hostels but that's also an advantage because you don't hear all of the noise from the city and the roof has an amazing view of the whole city!

17th Dec 2016

I loved the interesting layout of this hostel. It had great views of the city (which is also a great place) and Roberto is simply the best host ever. He laid out two perfect days for us in the city when we got there and was a great help for how and where to get to our next destination. I would love to bring family and friends to Otavalo in the future and would definitely stay here as my first option.

17th Dec 2016

Hostel Chasqui is amazing. A home away from home. Very comfortable and beautiful. Roberto is an amazing host and was so helpful! He goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying your stay there. I would highly recommend this place.

16th Dec 2016

Great hostel just on the edge of town

• Canada, Female, 41+
7th Dec 2016
8.0

Very old, somewhat crumbling building that would have been wonderful in its original incarnation. Convoluted layout, built on a steep hill, with about 6 miradors to view Cotacachi and the city. Several blocks from centre. Host Roberto, whose English is pretty good, is very nice & very helpful. Room with 1 single & 1 double bed was cramped, beds ok. Kitchen fairly adequately equipped, with lovely big windows on 3 sides. No drinking water onsite. Shower was hot, with ok pressure. Reasonably clean.

29th Nov 2016

I had originally planned to stay only one night and ended up staying for six. The owner, Roberto, is a great guy, very helpful, makes everyone feel quite welcome. The place is in a good location and is in good condition. The kitchen was definitely cleaner than some other hostels I stayed at during my trip, and the terrace views are excellent. The room was clean and comfortable, and there's free wifi. I hope to make it to Otavalo again sometime, and if I do, I'll definitely book here again.