Hostal Chasqui Reviews

Piedrahita 141, Otavalo, Ecuador

We were there in low season so it was very quiet and part of the hostal seemed closed. However, we got a great, informative welcome from the young guy running it. We were given the choice of rooms. There were laundry facilities and a kitchen area . Although just on the edge of the town it is in a good position and Otavalo is very safe for wandering around. A very good base .

Lovely hostel and amazing staff. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable and the location was great. The staff were really friendly and very helpful, they had lots of information about things you could do and drove us to find something for dinner when we arrived much later then planned! Would definitely recommend!

Staff very helpful (if you can speak or not speak Spanish). Wifi is pretty good and pretty fast if wifi goes down wait a couple of minutes. Location is good and away from noise. A short walk to super market about 5 min. or less. Kitchen is big and equipped pretty good. One dollar from bus station to hostal. Would recommend this hostal.

Nicely located and friendly staff. Recommended.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Good wifi. Clean rooms. Big kitchen. Bar on the lower level but remains quiet in the evenings. A little walk from the centre but not too far. Views of the city from the top levels. Very helpful staff.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Fantastic staff!!!!!

Pleasant little place. Its main strengths were the building itself; on multiple floors and very secure with many balconies showing a beautiful view of the city; and the amazing guy on reception (his name escapes me, sorry) who was so friendly and falling over himself to help us. He was a walking anecdote. Otherwise we found it a little too quiet and we could never get hot water - but pretty minor complaints really. Thanks Chasqui :)

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. Flexible check in/check out is a rarity in South America. I appreciated this so much about this hotel, it cannot be underestimated! Staff members are helpful about maximizing your time in the area. I would definitely recommend and return! Thanks so much!

Spacious hostel with lovely views from room and roof terraces, in a peaceful area. Owner was so friendly, kind and helpful and gave us the best illustrated map I have seen on my travels. Shame the hostel was quiet and the communal areas looked a little derelict. With more people and a bit of attention it could be really excellent.

View all Otavalo Bed and Breakfasts