Hostal Chawi Reviews

Calle Avenida Sagarnaga, Coroico, Bolivia

We really enjoyed our stastay with Charlie and his wife. Beautiful view of the valley and the facilities and clean and well kept. Charlie went the extra mile to ensure we had a great time in Coroico

Great place to stay

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Bolivia

Amazing view amazing people amazing place !!!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

It was very simple. The owner was nice but didn't tell good infos.

Well Thank you for giving you time to write the review. It is one of the worst review we had so far. I guess something was not quite ok with your stay there. Even when we have cheap prices for the dorm with included breakfast, clean and good quality bed sheets, may be best mattresses in town, we did not get more than 3 stars for the value... For breakfast we have real coffee mostly from the garden (not instant coffee) hot showers, etc. I would really like to know what did not work this time!

Great views, staff, breakfast and facilities. Would stay again any time. Very relaxing experience.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for the nice review! have a nice trip and enjoy South America

The owner was a delightful host and really took the time to give me an overview of the picturesque village of Coroico. The hostel was quiet while I was there but the atmosphere was still very positive ans friendly, it meant having more time with those guests. The terrace was beautiful and the whole hostel has an unrivaled view across the valley towards 'death road'. A different breakfast was freshly made each day and served to all the guests as the same time which I think is a lovely touch.

Thank very much for the nice review! Have fun travelling in South America!

Charlie was very welcoming & talkative. Unfortunately he couldn't provide any help on local hikes/guides or calling a taxi. Bathroom for the dorm is outdoors - very primitive. Walkway was dangerously slick in the rain. The dining area smelled strongly of a dog. Charlie's wife was passive aggressive & rude - wanting to charge me an extra night because I left at 4pm and they held my bag in an empty dorm! Charlie waved her off but I left feeling unwelcome. No common area protected from rain.

We enjoyed our stay here! Charlie is really informative and we were lucky enough to have Mary cook for us and 4 others one night - she's a fantastic cook. The only improments would be putting more curtains in the dorm room and getting a hammock or two up on the roof terrace! Would recommend.

Really lovely hostel, staff were super informative and friendly. And breakfast was yummy, with good coffee. No lockers, computers, wifi or kitchen, but a great place to relax. We were the only guests there for one of the nights of our stay, so not a whole lot of atmosphere, but it's probably seasonally dependent.

Lovely hostel in a beautiful location just outside of town. Our room was very spacious, the breakfast was delicious (omelette and the best scrambled eggs I've had) and the roof terrace had an incredible view into the valley. You have to ask for the shower to be turned on but it's lovely and warm. Charlie, the owner, was a very interesting guy and a wonderful host.