Hostal Chawi Reviews

Calle Avenida Sagarnaga, Coroico, Bolivia

Charlie was a delighful host and really took the time to give me an overview of the picturesque village od Coroico. The hostel was quiet while I was there but the atmosphere was still very positive ans friendly, it meant having more time with those guests. The terrace was beautiful and the whole hostel has an unrivalled view across the valley towards 'death road'. A different breakfast was freshly made each day and served to all the guests as the same time which I think is a lovely touch.

Charlie was very welcoming & talkative. Unfortunately he couldn't provide any help on local hikes/guides or calling a taxi. Bathroom for the dorm is outdoors - very primitive. Walkway was dangerously slick in the rain. The dining area smelled strongly of a dog. Charlie's wife was passive aggressive & rude - wanting to charge me an extra night because I left at 4pm and they held my bag in an empty dorm! Charlie waved her off but I left feeling unwelcome. No common area protected from rain.

We enjoyed our stay here! Charlie is really informative and we were lucky enough to have Mary cook for us and 4 others one night - she's a fantastic cook. The only improments would be putting more curtains in the dorm room and getting a hammock or two up on the roof terrace! Would recommend.

Really lovely hostel, staff were super informative and friendly. And breakfast was yummy, with good coffee. No lockers, computers, wifi or kitchen, but a great place to relax. We were the only guests there for one of the nights of our stay, so not a whole lot of atmosphere, but it's probably seasonally dependent.

Lovely hostel in a beautiful location just outside of town. Our room was very spacious, the breakfast was delicious (omelette and the best scrambled eggs I've had) and the roof terrace had an incredible view into the valley. You have to ask for the shower to be turned on but it's lovely and warm. Charlie, the owner, was a very interesting guy and a wonderful host.

Beautiful view!! Very friendly couple that run it! He gives you great information! Breakfast is great and the dinner for the extra 40 it more than worth it! Best food we have had since being in South America!! Highly recommended! Thanks guys

I had such a great stay here. Mary's cooking is fantastic. Charlie is better than the tourist office. The place is beautiful. Beds are comfortable. Showers are hot. Breakfast is delicious, coffee is so good. If you have the opportunity to have dinner there cooked by Mary do not miss out. Stunning views. Great location and lovely atmosphere.

Beautiful place to chill out after the bike ride on the death road. Gardens and great views of the valley below. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Charlie and his wife make a great breakfast and fantastic evening meal. We really lucked out. Elizabeth and James

Awesome staff, Charlie is very nice. Bed was very uncomfortable, very hard. There was no WiFi but go to coroico star near the plaza. Good food, great prices, okay WiFi. The floor of our room was pretty dirty.

Si os lo ofrecen cenar en el albergue,cocona como la de la madre que dejaste en casa ;)

Hostel chowi was one of the most incredible hostels I have ever stayed at. The view is incredible, the hosts are extremely warm and welcoming, and all parts of the facility were in great working condition. The owner served us a delicious breakfast of pancakes and home brewed coffee from a coroico coffee plantation. Such a great stay for an incredible price. Highly recommended!!

• 13th Jun 2015

We stayed in the self contained room it was lovely, large with an enormous terrace. Breakfast was great with lashings of great coffee. Super views, close to town and the English speaking owner was informative and very helpful. Had we been staying longer facilities to make a cup of tea would have been nice. Highly recommended

• 6th Jun 2015