7.9
Very Good 83 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 83 Total Reviews
Hostal Colibri Located at Iglesia de La Recoleccin 1/2 cuadra al norte, , Leon.
Nicaragua
Leon Iglesia de La Recolecci�n 1/2 cuadra al norte
79% 83
12.4350678 -86.8815994
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

Hostal Colibiri has everything you need as a traveler and the location makes it super easy to navigate around Leon. They also partner with a tour company to help you plan all sorts of adventures in Nicaragua. Would highly recommend! Perhaps, my favorite hostel I stayed at throughout my trip from Nicaragua to Panama.

12th Apr 2016
4.0

I reserved a private room for 3 people. The room had one double (queen) bed and one single (twin) bed which was perfect for my 2 kids and I. When we checked in the guy told us that there was free breakfast. The next morning the lady was sitting there smoking under the no smoking sign and seemed annoyed about having to fix the food and then the same guy informed us that the room was only for 2 so we could only have 2 breakfasts, so one of my kids had to do without breakfast!!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
8th Apr 2016

Very hot in the dorm room because there were no windows, but to be expected in Leon I suppose. Besides that, the staff were pretty friendly and helpful and it was quiet. Breakfast was basic but good.

• England, Couple, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

Comfortable stay, even in 36 degree heat. Great breakfast, helpful staff, really relaxed atmosphere. Thanks colibri

17th Mar 2016

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, great wifi and excellent breakfast. This is a great place to stay in Leon!

• wiseangel444962
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
8th Mar 2016
6.6

The major problem with this hostel is that there's a common area right outside the rooms and no quiet time enforced. I booked a private room because I wanted quiet and a good nights sleep. But obnoxious American teenagers were playing rap music all afternoon & night. Then after going out they came back at midnight and were loud and talking right outside my door. I had to complain twice to the guy on duty who did nothing. Finally at 1am because I was angry they left. Hostel did nothing. Not cool.

5th Mar 2016
6.3

The private room I had was not very clean (dead cockroach, dirty floors, stains on sheets) nor private (the window consisted of wooden slats with no curtains, and there was a public computer right outside). One of the showers had a malfunctioning drain, leaving me to change clothes in standing water. The wifi was great, though -- the best I've seen in Central America. Laundry service is available. A pancake breakfast is included.

28th Feb 2016

This is a nice hostel with good value private rooms. The staff weren't super friendly but apart from that it was great.