Hostal Colibri Reviews

Iglesia de La Recolecci�n 1/2 cuadra al norte, Leon, Nicaragua

Great hostel with excellent staff and tasty breakfast. Organised two tours boarding and night hiking a volcano and everything was professional. Rooms comfortable and even though fresh air ventilation was a bit limited I still slept very well

Poor gestion. Rude People. Nonsensical behaviour. I understand this hostel has good evaluations but I recommend avoiding it. Due a mistake from their part, I was booked for 3 nights instead of 4. As I was asked when I would check out on my 3rd day and said I’d leave the following morning as planned, I was basically accused of “overstaying my welcome” (and I quote). Would I pay $8 or $800, I think I deserve a bit of respect. Unlike breakfast and facilities, this is not negotiable.

Very average hostel, cant understand how others rated it so well. It is tired and run down. Reception staff friendly but the included breakfast was always served up begrudgingly. There was NO RUNNING WATER one day and no explanation despite other places having water, took my toothbrush to another hostel to brush my teeth. Location was good. This hostel should only be your back-up plan.

Good hostel...Clean and quiet.

We can highly recommend Hostal Colibri!! The staff was really nice and very helpful. The hostal is located in a safe area and really close to the City center. Our private room had basic Equipment but it was fine. Important for us was to have a good wifi-Connection in our room and this was the case here:)!

Free coffee and breakfast, friendly/knowledgeable staff, great location, and laid back atmosphere.....

I have traveled off and on for 45 years, The Colibri ranks among the best low cost stay I have ever had. Staff right on top of every need. Free coffee all day and a two breakfast menu free daily from 7 to 11 AM. STAFF SPEAKS GOOD English IF THAT HELPS YOU. This is 9.99 out of 10. Great relaxation areas. You cannot find a better place in Leon.

Helpful and friendly staff, nice little garden, good computer to work with. The rooms heat up a bit during the day, so they're quite hot at night.

View all Leon Bed and Breakfasts