Hostal Cumbres del Volcan Reviews

85 Avenida Norte #637, Colonia Escalon, San Salvador, El Salvador

No English speaking staff, which seems common during low season. The building is very nice, and the bathroom of the 5 bed dorm is excellent. It is located in a very safe area which may seem boring to some people, but the centre is 1 hour walking or 20 minutes by bus. They are many pages of information put on the walls, which can also be downloaded from the hostel website. ATMs one block away, I felt completely safe here.

Maybe not the most convenient, but it felt like a safe neighbourhood - there's a Crown Plaza hotel near by. The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and working properly. I appreciated all the common areas - with full-working kitchen, living and dinning area.

• 11th Nov 2014

Staff member Walter reserved a cab to take us to Ticabus at 4:30 a.m. but when it didn't come we tried to call the company. Failing that we woke him up, he got out of bed and drove us there himself. We were a little nervous about security for the electronics we needed to leave in the dorm room. When we expressed the concern, a staff member offered to lock them up for us. It would be better to have a way we could lock them ourselves and access them without a staff member's help.

Excelente estadia. Fui para ficar uma e fiquei três noite. No que for possível, te ajudarão por lá. É um Hostel tranquilo, nada de festa. Mas a boa localização compensa, próximo à bons bares e shopping. Para boate, apesar de perto, melhor táxi, que é barato. Senti falta de um bar no lugar, o que listo como único "pecado". Muito seguro a vizinhança, aliás, toda a cidade. Andei muito a pé. Vale o dinheiro investido.

Excellent hostel good facilities and friendly English/Spanish staff. Recommend

For a full review, please visit our website! http://www.continentchasers.com/central-america-accommodation

We had a great stay here! Very nice rooms and nice people :) definitely recommend staying here

Good location, spacious, clean and comfey. Easy walking distance to to bars and supermarket, staff were amazing really helpful and friendly providing extensive information on the area and nearby ameinities. Helped us to book a 4am taxi which never arrived, thanks taxi company... yet the staff went above and beyond to get us to the bus station even at such an obscure hour in time for our bus to managua. Couldn't have asked for a better experience recommend to everyone!

I only stayed one night in this hostel, staff was helpful, nice and caring about the travellers. hostel is in a safe, snob area (embassies area), you can walk safely at night. Contras: although it is in a good location, hostal is so far from downtown and attractions.

Lots of space, beautiful kitchen

I got a very nice night's sleep as the only person in my 5-room dorm. The bathroom was nice with hot water and good pressure. The place smelled like my grandmother's house, I can't decide what that means. Was not very conducive to making travel buddies. The Salvadoran girl who worked there was somewhat begrudgingly helpful and I didn't meet this enthusiastic owner with tips on San Salvador that the guidebook talks about. There is a mall down the street with a few restaurants that I didn't go to.