Hostal Cumbres del Volcan Reviews

85 Avenida Norte #637, Colonia Escalon, San Salvador, El Salvador

Excellent hostel good facilities and friendly English/Spanish staff. Recommend

For a full review, please visit our website! http://www.continentchasers.com/central-america-accommodation

We had a great stay here! Very nice rooms and nice people :) definitely recommend staying here

Good location, spacious, clean and comfey. Easy walking distance to to bars and supermarket, staff were amazing really helpful and friendly providing extensive information on the area and nearby ameinities. Helped us to book a 4am taxi which never arrived, thanks taxi company... yet the staff went above and beyond to get us to the bus station even at such an obscure hour in time for our bus to managua. Couldn't have asked for a better experience recommend to everyone!

I only stayed one night in this hostel, staff was helpful, nice and caring about the travellers. hostel is in a safe, snob area (embassies area), you can walk safely at night. Contras: although it is in a good location, hostal is so far from downtown and attractions.

Lots of space, beautiful kitchen

I got a very nice night's sleep as the only person in my 5-room dorm. The bathroom was nice with hot water and good pressure. The place smelled like my grandmother's house, I can't decide what that means. Was not very conducive to making travel buddies. The Salvadoran girl who worked there was somewhat begrudgingly helpful and I didn't meet this enthusiastic owner with tips on San Salvador that the guidebook talks about. There is a mall down the street with a few restaurants that I didn't go to.

I stayed here for a week, this is a great little hostel. Walter is so helpful organising directions, transfer services and especially with a local shop that had held me to ransom when fixing my computer! Rooms a simple & clean, laundry service available and only a few meters to a bus stop that takes you to a mall. Thanks for making my stay so wonderful!!

Very nice located hostel, the staff are kind and helpful. At night you don't have keys of main entrance.

Just tell us you are going to be out late, and we will issue a key to the front entrance. Our entry is open until 10:00 pm, and most guests are back before that time, so we don't give everyone a key to the front entry. If we forget to give you a key we will always answer the bell if you came back late. Hope this was not too bad an inconvenience.