Hostal Doña Pepa

6.6
Good 153 Total Reviews

20th Jan 2017
6.0

From a security standpoint, I was pretty nervous because I was the only person in the entire hostel (the receptionist's desk was next door) and the surrounding buildings had access from the roof. The interior was also extremely creepy at night, including baby blue walls, faded pink mattresses, and pictures of creepy women on the wall holding red daggers in their hands. Do not come alone!

• USA, Couple, 18-24
18th Nov 2016
6.0

Not a great hostel, everything seemed cheap and was a little smelly, but I guess you get what you pay for. My biggest complaint was that the wifi didn't work in our room! The worker there told me it's only guaranteed for the two tiny common spaces, which was not specified online. But actually the wifi didn't even work in the tiny hallway with two chairs, we had to literally sit on the staircase to use it.

6th Nov 2016
6.9

Good place to sleep if ya your there just to take the train in the morning. Doesn't offer to much else. But I have no complaints.

22nd Oct 2016
4.6

Room, especially the sheets and bed smelled sweaty and were gray, just filth. Had to keep the window open all night to breathe in my room. This place needs a through professional cleaning.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
21st Oct 2016
6.0

I only stayed in this hostel for a night was an alright place to just to sleep. The hostel is very close to supermarket. The rooms are ok but there is no charge points by the beds, there was only one shared bathroom on my floor. The hostel is quite far away from the night life. Definitely better hostels would only recommend if no other options.

23rd Sep 2016
6.9

Okay for one night or two nights./ No tan mal para una o dos noches The only perk with this location is that it is very close to Santa Justa train station. There are NO elevators to the rooms (if you are disabled or have an injury of any sort, forget this place) and there are only tiny personal lockers in the room (you can't keep bigger items anywhere other than the room). If you book and need to leave early, you pay the price in full for all days you reserve, who cares if you leave early!

11th Sep 2016
7.4

Not a bad place to stay if you need to be near the train station. I pretty much just slept there and nothing else. Took a shower but there was only one bathroom per floor which would have sacked if I had gotten there at a normal time. Staff was polite but nothing special. Bathroom was a bit dirty.

6th Sep 2016
6.3

Nice and clean dorms, but there is no real meeting place for people.

• magdulici4689
  • Romania, Female, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016
5.4

The location is about 20 minutes from the city center. There were ANTS in our room and bed. The bed sheets had visible stains when we arrived. Maybe they were cleaned and the stains stayed on, but I don't think a bedding in that state should be used anymore. They gave us the code for the entrance the first day, but did not announce us they are changing it every day, so in the second night we were trying to enter without success with the code given until someone opened us.