Hostal El Grial Reviews

Carmen Alto 112, San Blas, Cusco, Peru

I feel at home

I had to PAY EXTRA MONEY for a space heater that did nothing! Something you would never expect given the prices of this wannabe "premium" hostel. Cuzco at night gets cold and the rooms are not isolated at all. My room was near the street and the cigarette paper thin windows made it easy for me to overhear every single conversation of random pedestrians at night, be it loud drunkards or early-rising Machu Pichu tourists. I had to ask for toilet paper every time I ran out of it.

I would go to this hostel again. Strongly recommended to those seeking a clean and comfortable hostel at Cusco

• 25th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Very Good Hostel and extremely helpful staff. Finding the Hostel is a bit difficult as the numbers on the road don't co-ordinate..... But its a great hostel!!!

Great hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Storing luggage is no problem, very good breakfast including eggs and fresh fruit. They even made us a lunch box when we had to leave at 3 am for the airport. Central location with restaurants and sights in walking distance. Highly recommended!

Amira The owner is exceptionally friendly and very informative.she will tell you all the places to go and eat and you will love it. Also they will explain about of cusco.and the Security is very good and the location is in a safe area of cusco

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Peru

Great hostel in the historical centre. Finding the exact location might be tough as the numbers are not in order. But its located at the end of carmen alto, near the bohemian crepe cafe. Staff is excellent, especially Jhouse Jimenez who runs the night shift. Good place to come to rest before/after your machu picchu hike.

I've had a lot of good and friendly service while traveling in Peru, but the staff at El Grial are the friendliest I've encountered. They are truly happy people and make the hostal a joy for a Cusco stay.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Were very flexible with booking changes, etc. Left my luggage there for the Inca Trail and there was absolutely no problem, they already had it waiting in the room I came back to.

Perfect stay. Very friendly staff. Absolut charming hostel!!!!

• 16th Sep 2014