Hostal El Grial Reviews

Carmen Alto 112, San Blas, Cusco, Peru

San Blas is lively but this is at the end of the street With no through traffic so is quiet. Staff very helpful, packed breakfast if I was too early - 3:30 a.m. for trek / airport etc. Showers brilliant. I stayed on occasions in 3 different rooms all were great - I had booked as a single but always got Either a double or triple room to myself. The first time I arrived at 8am, the room was ready and responsible Amira was just going off duty, so I Showed me around Cusco. I recommend a lot

Great place, friendly and helpful staff, good location Rooms a little cold. Heaters in the rooms would be helpful. Stored our bags even though we were moving to a different hostel after our trek due to no double availability at El Grial Breakfast was more than adequate

Staff were really helpful throughout our stay . We arrived very early in the morning but thus was not a problem , we were given a spare room and breakfast until our room was ready. During our stay we had to make some additional requests, but all were met with genuine help and cheery,smiles. The location in San Blas district is also excellent.

Hostal El Grial was by far the best place I stayed during a two week trip to Peru in April 2015. Amira, the manager, is so lovely and helpful and speaks English, and the hostel is perfectly clean and beautiful (clean is a main requirement for me!). I had a double room with bathroom ensuite and the bathroom was beautiful, great shower pressure, and hot water at all times! The breakfast is great, the hostel close to the Plaza des Armas and to many restaurants and shops. VERY highly recommended!

• 6th Apr 2015

Great little hostel near San Blas. We stayed twice, once at the beginning of our trip and once at the end. Both times the room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. It is a bit removed from the main squares and nightlife of Cusco but the relative quiet was totally worth the 10 minute walk. The staff was friendly and the breakfast included fruit, bread, granola, and eggs.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very quiet, excellent and kind staff, spacious rooms and a hot and powerful shower. Recommended for couples who are looking for a nice and quiet stay and for people who are looking for a nicer hostel in Cusco.

• 18th Mar 2015

I loved to stay there. El Grial is very well located nearby the Historic side. I was very welcomed by the staff from the reception. I stayed at a room really nice. I would highly recommend El Grial. I am planning to go back to Cusco, at some point. And, for sure I will stay at El Grial, again.

Very good small hostel at 10 minutes from the center of the city. Warm welcoming from the staff and good advices for restaurants in the area. Room are nice and shower has good warm water. Breakfast is simple toast/jam/orange juice, tea/coffee and eggs if you like. Beds are very comfortable with hot blankets.

I booked the double bed private as everything else was booked. The location is not too far from the plaza center. The room was clean, staff was great, and breakfast was good. Amira was friendly and helpful. She recommended good nearby restaurants and exchange my currency. Make sure to bring clean crisp bills for the exchange though. Peruvians won't take anything less. This is more like a couple and family hostel. If you are a light sleeper you'll definitely hear kids and noise outside.

Amira is friendly and very informative. she will explain all about Cusco and helped us organized our tours With reasonable prices sure we had a great time at the hostel

I feel at home

I had to PAY EXTRA MONEY for a space heater that did nothing! Something you would never expect given the prices of this wannabe "premium" hostel. Cuzco at night gets cold and the rooms are not isolated at all. My room was near the street and the cigarette paper thin windows made it easy for me to overhear every single conversation of random pedestrians at night, be it loud drunkards or early-rising Machu Pichu tourists. I had to ask for toilet paper every time I ran out of it.

I would go to this hostel again. Strongly recommended to those seeking a clean and comfortable hostel at Cusco

Very Good Hostel and extremely helpful staff. Finding the Hostel is a bit difficult as the numbers on the road don't co-ordinate..... But its a great hostel!!!

View all Cusco Bed and Breakfasts