Hostal El Grial Reviews

Carmen Alto 112, San Blas, Cusco, Peru

Great little hostel near San Blas. We stayed twice, once at the beginning of our trip and once at the end. Both times the room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. It is a bit removed from the main squares and nightlife of Cusco but the relative quiet was totally worth the 10 minute walk. The staff was friendly and the breakfast included fruit, bread, granola, and eggs.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very quiet, excellent and kind staff, spacious rooms and a hot and powerful shower. Recommended for couples who are looking for a nice and quiet stay and for people who are looking for a nicer hostel in Cusco.

• 18th Mar 2015

I loved to stay there. El Grial is very well located nearby the Historic side. I was very welcomed by the staff from the reception. I stayed at a room really nice. I would highly recommend El Grial. I am planning to go back to Cusco, at some point. And, for sure I will stay at El Grial, again.

Very good small hostel at 10 minutes from the center of the city. Warm welcoming from the staff and good advices for restaurants in the area. Room are nice and shower has good warm water. Breakfast is simple toast/jam/orange juice, tea/coffee and eggs if you like. Beds are very comfortable with hot blankets.

I booked the double bed private as everything else was booked. The location is not too far from the plaza center. The room was clean, staff was great, and breakfast was good. Amira was friendly and helpful. She recommended good nearby restaurants and exchange my currency. Make sure to bring clean crisp bills for the exchange though. Peruvians won't take anything less. This is more like a couple and family hostel. If you are a light sleeper you'll definitely hear kids and noise outside.

Amira is friendly and very informative. she will explain all about Cusco and helped us organized our tours With reasonable prices sure we had a great time at the hostel

I feel at home

I had to PAY EXTRA MONEY for a space heater that did nothing! Something you would never expect given the prices of this wannabe "premium" hostel. Cuzco at night gets cold and the rooms are not isolated at all. My room was near the street and the cigarette paper thin windows made it easy for me to overhear every single conversation of random pedestrians at night, be it loud drunkards or early-rising Machu Pichu tourists. I had to ask for toilet paper every time I ran out of it.

I would go to this hostel again. Strongly recommended to those seeking a clean and comfortable hostel at Cusco

Very Good Hostel and extremely helpful staff. Finding the Hostel is a bit difficult as the numbers on the road don't co-ordinate..... But its a great hostel!!!

Great hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Storing luggage is no problem, very good breakfast including eggs and fresh fruit. They even made us a lunch box when we had to leave at 3 am for the airport. Central location with restaurants and sights in walking distance. Highly recommended!

Amira The owner is exceptionally friendly and very informative.she will tell you all the places to go and eat and you will love it. Also they will explain about of cusco.and the Security is very good and the location is in a safe area of cusco

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Peru

Great hostel in the historical centre. Finding the exact location might be tough as the numbers are not in order. But its located at the end of carmen alto, near the bohemian crepe cafe. Staff is excellent, especially Jhouse Jimenez who runs the night shift. Good place to come to rest before/after your machu picchu hike.

I've had a lot of good and friendly service while traveling in Peru, but the staff at El Grial are the friendliest I've encountered. They are truly happy people and make the hostal a joy for a Cusco stay.

View all Cusco Bed and Breakfasts