Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

Very comfortable and chill place to stop over. Owner and staff where on top of everything and provided immaculate comfort and service.

• 15th Jul 2014

El Momento sells its image as a beautiful and comfortable hostel for those who want to spend a little extra money for comfort. In the end the atmosphere is a boring and paralized. The kitchen is very badly equipped and small. Here everything is on sale and the prices are not cheap. Considering that the price is the double (8dolares) comparing to many other hostels in town (4dolares) in the end it just leaves a bitter feeling. Even though the guy at the recepcion was really nice and helpful.

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do not try to sell ourselves as a party hostel as we are only a small hostel which suits some and not others. Some nights the hostel is full other nights everyone is out on the town. Hostels in town range from $4-$15, the difference is our mattresses, # of fans,power outlets,#lamps, cleanliness & fumigation. Everything is on sale- do not understand this comment. Prices not cheap comments are subjective

Pros: 7 of the 11 dorm beds are doubles so good chance you'll get one if you stay in the dorm! Plus an outlet, fan, and big locker for each bed. The garden area are great for hanging out, the wifi is pretty strong, and the restaurant decent. The staff were very kind, and the location (just around the corner from the central park) is excellent. Con: It seemed pretty clean, and I had no problems, but I heard from someone who stayed longer that they had to fumigate for bedbugs, so keep an eye out!

Thank you for your response and taking the time and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us but are a little disappointed you are writing about a problem which I do not know about with another guest. We fumigate every 3 months by law and fumigate once a week ourselves as well as doing checks on beds when guests leave, this is an unfortunate part of our job but necessary, this is where this comment many have risen from.

The owner and staff at El Momento are wonderful - very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend to anyone. I will definitely stay there next time I go to Granada.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay here! It is an excellent location with a great staff! I would definitely recommend this hostal and I would stay here again myself!

The owner and staff at Hostel El Momento are outstanding! The food served in the little cafe is very good, and priced right. I loved everything about this place, with perhaps the exception of my room. My room was up in the loft. It was very hot, stuffy, dingy lighting, no windows. I saw other rooms, and the bunk room, that were very nice. It would have been nice to know more about this room before I booked. Or perhaps you can fix it up a little nicer. Otherwise, my stay was great. Thanks!

• 16th Jun 2014

Thank you for your stay and it was nice to have you hear with us for all your nights. We would have been happy to change rooms for you if we have known you did not like it. You are right it does not have windows but this is why we have the skylight, other guests have complained it was too bright. In our notes about the room though we do explain that it is an upstairs room.

Great hostel with perfect location and really nice staff. They let us keep our bags there all day even though we had checked out. Only downside was that our private room (#3) was literally inside the kitchen so it was a bit noisy. Other than that it was great and I would 100% stay here again!

Sorry you did not enjoy the room, we do describe all the rooms so that guests can see what type of room is available and this is mentioned and why it is at a cheaper price. Many guests are surprised that some rooms only have 1 bed and we do have a description,, we can only give the information and leave it up to the guest to either read it or not before making a reservation.

Nice common space. Dorm bathroom could have been cleaner, especially the shower. Fans for almost every bed. Owner really pushed tours over independent excursions (e.g. at noon I asked about how to get a lancha to the isletas and was told it was probably too late in the day already, that I should do a tour the following day. Another person at the hostel got a lancha at 3pm that day no problem).

The bathroom has been painted recently. Regarding myself pushing tours this is simply not true, we have a list of tours at reception, at the bottom we note that guests can ask reception if they want to do them solo. We do not push tours because we know some guests do not have the budget or prefer not to, after 3yrs of being open this is the first comment on this.I do not remember our conversation,I believe you may have not communicated to me you wanted to do this solo because 12pm is not late

Staff were good, helpful. Room was clean. Showers were terrible

Sorry to hear your problem with the showers but this is by no means the fault of the hostel. We do have in all rooms and in the shower in the dorm room a notice explaining about the water pressure in Granada going low from 9-6pm. The company tends to shut off the water 2-3 times a week also. All houses in Granada suffer with this problem. We have a water tank to compensate the water being switched off. If you had complained we would have explained this too you.

Great location in Granada. The dorms has double beds! The staff especially Maria, Juan, and Zacharias were most gracious. I would highly recommend this hostel.

El Momento has the best bed I have ever slept backpacking!! The staff is nice and helpful. The common area is a bit too hot, but the rooms are ventilated enough. I had a great night! :-)

• 18th May 2014

Loved location and staff very helpful and friendly

This was such a lovely hostel after having spent a night in a hostel that wasn't so this nice. The staff were so helpful. Gave us recommendations, got taxis for us, they were always willing to help! And the hostel in itself was very charming. Hammocks and typical Nicaraguan/colonial decor. It's great value for what you pay!

Hostel el momento was a very refreshing experience. The staff was super friendly and very welcoming. They were extremlly accomidation, even with last second changes. Also, the general atmosphere was really pleasant. Had lots of interesting and fun conversations with different people backpacking Central America. I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th May 2014

A perfect hostel in any way.

Wonderful and cool and chill and more.

• 3rd May 2014

After spending one night at another hostel with ONE working fan for six dorms and not so fantastic washroom, I was delighted to arrive to El Momento with friendly staff and large comfortable beds! Location is a short walk to the Centre, food is good and cheap. Would recommend this hostel.

A great place to stay in granada. The staff is really kind and helpfull. The cook is also really good. I recommend El Momento for all travelers who want stay couple of days in that city.

Despite no electricity or water for a few hours because of the city of Grenada's planning, the hotel did its best and was good at explaining the cause. I enjoyed the home-like atmosphere, the safety and the staff's constant availability. Thank you, El Momento!

• 27th Apr 2014

I liked the idea of a communal kitchen in a hostel, which El Momento provides. So many places that have a resturant do not provide this facility. I am an early riser and like to start the day with a strong cuppa and not have to wait for the resturant to open. Kudos to El Momento

• 27th Apr 2014