Hostal El Momento

8.8
Fabulous 574 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Sep 2017

We loved this place. It was in an amazing location just a block away from main center of town, free breakfast was a plus, and the vibe & energy of this hostel was just what we neededn

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
14th Aug 2017

We had a wonderful stay at El Moment! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Location was perfect. The hostel is nice and quiet, perfect for couples and mature travellers who don't want a crazy party atmosphere. Breakfast was good. Beautiful and colourful place, clean with comfy bed. Granada is really hot so the room was a little hot and stuffy and our fan wasn't so strong but when we mentioned it to the staff they immediately gave us an extra fan to use. Wifi is decent, just slow at times.

Wonderful review thank you so much, glad you enjoyed the colourful set up of the hostel, August has been a very hot month and Granada is a very hot city most of the year. Just to point out it is not actually the wifi that is slow, the internet company have been working on cables throughout the country and in Managua which have been causing problems in Granada.

• England, Couple, 18-24
29th Jul 2017

We had a great nights sleep at El Momento, which has a well ventilated dorm with comfy beds! Showers are good, the common areas are great if lacking in atmosphere. Decent kitchen with a gas stove, fridge and basic utensils etc. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Austria, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Jul 2017
7.7

Pros: helpful and knowledgeable staff, central location and good breakfast, organized reasonably priced tours Cons: no AC - got quite stuffy in the room & not recommendable for individual travelers - it is a very calm place, nothing for those seeking to party/get to know a bunch of people Overall, be prepared for the shower to be more a dribble, but it appeared that this was everywhere the case. We'd recommend staying here if you are looking for some quieter time, common area is quite chill

Thank you for your review but sorry to hear that you did enjoy your stay. Before you arrived we did send out an email to explain that there was no AC, the majority of the hostels in the city are the same, the price for a AC would be double or triple of what you paid, in the email also we do explain we are not a party hostel. The pressure in the city (not the hostel) is the same , we do explain to all guests when checking in to let us know if the pressure goes down as we have the water tank to compensate so a normal shower can be taken, you may not have heard the receptionist explain this.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Jul 2017

I loved this place! The pictures don't do the inside justice and the dorm room is such a fun experience. The location couldn't be beat and the breakfast was yummy!

• wadodds1234585
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The location and food were both great. Most importantly, the staff did an excellent job. Jose and Fatima especially went above and beyond to accommodate and assist me with my travels during my stay at the hostel. They often asked me about my plans, checked to make sure my stay was okay, offered to help me, and chatted with me when I was there. They were friendly and professional. The hostel is fortunate to have such great staff.

11th Jul 2017
7.4

Chose this hostel because all reviews that it has.. but honestly it was not such a nice stay.. the staff seem to be unhappy.. only zacharias gave me a smile when I checked in... Poor breakfast.. no pieces of toast .. salade fruits ok one cup of coffee if you want a second you have to pay for! No atmosphere... wifi not the best.. I would not stay here again.. booked another hostel in granada

Sorry to hear your stay was not enjoyable and we were very surprised to hear your were unhappy with the staff as this is the one area we get the most compliments as you can see by the other reviews, we will address this with the staff. I would like to correct you about the free breakfast, there are 2 choices 1 heavy and 1 light breakfast, you chose the lighter breakfast and both of them come with toast. The toast was in the basket on your table covered with a napkin. We do not control the wifi and the speed can change depending on the company as Nicaragua does not have the best cables, we cannot also control what other guests are doing on their computers if they are using alot of bandwidth, this is another area we do not usually have problems with.

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017

Quiet and clean. The staff was very friendly too.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
5th Jul 2017

Great value for money hostel. Stayed in the 11 man dorm which was well ventilated so stayed cooler at night which was much appreciated. Clean beds, could do with an extra shower or bathroom. Reasonable social areas for small groups to meet. Not a party hostel but still very comfortable to have drinks there. Highly recommended 👍🏼

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2017

Hostel El Moment is great! The minute I arrived I felt good about it - all the staff was so helpful and kind, the room is comfortable, the bathroom incredible big! It's really well located and the wifi works well. Also, they have a restaurant inside that serves really nice food. And all so cheap! Certainly recommend it to everyone!

×