Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

Great hostel in an excellent location. Close to the centre but just far enough out to be quiet. The hostel itself has some of the best beds you will find in any hostel. They are big. Even in the dorm. The dorm itself was also big. You'l need to ask for a fan as it can get pretty warm in there. The facilities in the hostel are great. Loads of places to sit and relax. The vibe is very laid back. This is a chilled out place an not a party hostel . Which was fine with me. Great food too.

Good value, great staff .. All just around the corner from the main square in Granada.. Would recommend

Absolutely brilliant hostel, my favourite in the whole of central and South America. The dorms are big and roomy and beds really comfy all with individual fans. The common area is a beautiful garden with enough chairs and sofas, it actually feels like a hotel. Staff are all super friendly and speak excellent English. Internet is good in the common areas but variable on the rooms. Only slight downside is the water pressure is low in the mornings but at night is great. Highly highly recommend!

Chris from the hostel is very nice and responsive. He relieved our concern about my 76-year-old father with a prompt email confirmation. Also he ensures that my father reaches back to his family at home when he returns to the hostel. Thank you Chris to give us a peace of mind.

Good location near centre - but a bit of a walk to the supermarket . Big dorm, good mattress but very hot room despite the fans . Nice common areas but light is poor if you want to read in the evenings. Helpful staff. Good value for money.

The large dorm was surprisingly quiet, the whole hostel has a very laid-back, relaxing vibe. Nice! The food was delicious. Unfortunately the water was often no more than a dribble, sometimes shut off completely. TONS of mosquitoes--of course not the hostel's fault--but since the large dorm doors as well as the windows are wide open all day and all night, nothing is done to prevent the mosquitoes from bothering you all night :( The fans provided some relief. Juan at reception very helpful.

fab location, close to everything - central park, cathedral, the main restaurant and bar street and the bus terminals to avail of the chicken buses which i highly recommend as the main form of transport to get around. the breakfast was tasty and kept us going right through to the late afternoon. the courtyard was a relaxing, comfortable space to chill during the midday heat.

I really liked this hostel. There was only one staff member who was less than friendly, but nothing major, and the rest of the staff was amazing. Clean, great food for a good price, and a fantastic location. I'd definitely go back. Thanks for a great stay!

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. You can tell they care. Very nice facilities. Nice mattress. Good storage. Very nice layout. Only issue was bathroom floor was not clean. Maybe I went between cleaning cycles. It was not a major issue. I should have told the staff. So just an opportunity for improvement not a criticism. Overall very nice convenient comfy hostel in great location with nice and helpful staff.

Comfortable, quiet hostel for mature travelers.

Great garden to relax in. Excellent food. We stayed in a private room; it was upstairs and my boyfriend kept hitting his head on the VERY low beams walking up the stairs.

Nice place, no complaints, though room 3, a double, is right next to the staff kitchen... One of these spaces that wasn't a room, but with a bed, now is!

I really enjoyed staying at El Momento. Above all - the food there was out of this world! A great surprise! Everyone was very nice and helpful. My room was very basic but I had two oscillating fans that made heat bearable. Location couldn't have been better. Biggest plus (besides food) was the wonderful Spa Granada where you can swim all day for some cheap price. It was a beautiful place for me to get cool and enjoy have a blind man give me a wonderful massage!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Excellent atmosphere and location. Staff is attentive and helpful. Security at the front door could be improved.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hi Lisa Thank you for your comments with us, regarding security at the front door. No outside guests allowed in dorm or private rooms. Fully locked at night with gate and door No guests in reception at night for security reasons All staff fully trained for security in this area All of the above both for security for guests, staff and the property No problems in 3 years Please send me an email if you had a problem.

Breakfast is not included in the price but they have a wee restaurant in the hostel. They do close the kitchen before 8:30 pm though (even though they say that the kitchen is open until then). Good location. Great beds. Clean.

Thank you for wirting a review, we (the owners) were actually on vacation for a few days and it was in this period you were here, someone is in trouble as the restaurant should not have been closed before 8.30pm so thank you for pointing this out.

A nicely located hostel close to the parque central. The room was a bit dark and we got a few mosquito bites the few nights we stayed there. A pretty good hostel for the price we paid. More light and less bugs would be an advantage rather than having iPads available for the residents.

We have never had a complaint about the dorm being dark before, sometimes we have guests who want to sleep in the day and decide to close the windows, if we know this we re-open the windows so it is not dark during the day so there is not an accident. We do have some window mosquito nets, it is also a dorm with people leaving doors open and we do not ask mosquitoes to bite the guests as we do not also force the guests to use the ipads that is their choice. Very strange review

Best mattress of any hostel. Friendly staff and good food.

Beautiful place -- close to the center of the city, beautifully decorated and clean. Nice staff, accommodating and fast responding -- I had a problem with my bed and it was fixed in under an hour. Awesome dorm, with lots of space and double bunk beds. Showers are indeed bad, but that's because of Granada's water supply. Great option.

Great place, great staff, great location! The shower in the dorm is massive and has decent pressure which was a treat. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food is great if you're tired from walking around the streets or the islands! Would definitely recommend!

Staff was extremely helpful (arranged a 4am transfer to the airport in Managua for me).