Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

This is managed really well. Great facilities, friendly, helpful Staff. Central location. Best city hostel I've stayed at.

Best hostel I ever stayed in. Sleeping in the dorm was very easy - fans, great matresses and very very clean. Good food too. Would definately recommend it!!!

Great place, highly recommend for the three bed room!

The hostel was clean, safe and best of all some of the dorm beds are doubles! It is in an excellent location in Granada and at $8/night I'd say its an OK price. The only downside in my opinion is that the hostel lacked any atmosphere. Apart from that, was great.

I have no complaints about this hostel and in fact thought it was great. We stayed there twice during our trip to Nicaragua in Jan 2015. The first time, we stayed in the cheaper room by the kitchen. It really was fine, and they do a great job of clarifying that that is what you are paying for. The second time we stayed in a private room with a private bath, and it felt quite luxurious after the other places we stayed in Nicaragua. I would absolutely go back!

• 27th Jan 2015

I stayed in the dorms. Most comfortable bed I slept in during my stay in Nica. The staff were friendly, and helpful, and patient with my terrible efforts to speak Spanish. It's really close to good restaurants, the market, and parque central. I would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jan 2015

Nice hostel located near the main square! Enough showers and toilets for everyone. Ample kitchen, i could cook 2 minute noodles and chicken nuggets. Good mix of people. Enjoy your stay!

Great hostel in an excellent location. Close to the centre but just far enough out to be quiet. The hostel itself has some of the best beds you will find in any hostel. They are big. Even in the dorm. The dorm itself was also big. You'l need to ask for a fan as it can get pretty warm in there. The facilities in the hostel are great. Loads of places to sit and relax. The vibe is very laid back. This is a chilled out place an not a party hostel . Which was fine with me. Great food too.

Good value, great staff .. All just around the corner from the main square in Granada.. Would recommend

Absolutely brilliant hostel, my favourite in the whole of central and South America. The dorms are big and roomy and beds really comfy all with individual fans. The common area is a beautiful garden with enough chairs and sofas, it actually feels like a hotel. Staff are all super friendly and speak excellent English. Internet is good in the common areas but variable on the rooms. Only slight downside is the water pressure is low in the mornings but at night is great. Highly highly recommend!

Chris from the hostel is very nice and responsive. He relieved our concern about my 76-year-old father with a prompt email confirmation. Also he ensures that my father reaches back to his family at home when he returns to the hostel. Thank you Chris to give us a peace of mind.

Good location near centre - but a bit of a walk to the supermarket . Big dorm, good mattress but very hot room despite the fans . Nice common areas but light is poor if you want to read in the evenings. Helpful staff. Good value for money.

The large dorm was surprisingly quiet, the whole hostel has a very laid-back, relaxing vibe. Nice! The food was delicious. Unfortunately the water was often no more than a dribble, sometimes shut off completely. TONS of mosquitoes--of course not the hostel's fault--but since the large dorm doors as well as the windows are wide open all day and all night, nothing is done to prevent the mosquitoes from bothering you all night :( The fans provided some relief. Juan at reception very helpful.

fab location, close to everything - central park, cathedral, the main restaurant and bar street and the bus terminals to avail of the chicken buses which i highly recommend as the main form of transport to get around. the breakfast was tasty and kept us going right through to the late afternoon. the courtyard was a relaxing, comfortable space to chill during the midday heat.

I really liked this hostel. There was only one staff member who was less than friendly, but nothing major, and the rest of the staff was amazing. Clean, great food for a good price, and a fantastic location. I'd definitely go back. Thanks for a great stay!

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. You can tell they care. Very nice facilities. Nice mattress. Good storage. Very nice layout. Only issue was bathroom floor was not clean. Maybe I went between cleaning cycles. It was not a major issue. I should have told the staff. So just an opportunity for improvement not a criticism. Overall very nice convenient comfy hostel in great location with nice and helpful staff.

Comfortable, quiet hostel for mature travelers.

Great garden to relax in. Excellent food. We stayed in a private room; it was upstairs and my boyfriend kept hitting his head on the VERY low beams walking up the stairs.

Nice place, no complaints, though room 3, a double, is right next to the staff kitchen... One of these spaces that wasn't a room, but with a bed, now is!

I really enjoyed staying at El Momento. Above all - the food there was out of this world! A great surprise! Everyone was very nice and helpful. My room was very basic but I had two oscillating fans that made heat bearable. Location couldn't have been better. Biggest plus (besides food) was the wonderful Spa Granada where you can swim all day for some cheap price. It was a beautiful place for me to get cool and enjoy have a blind man give me a wonderful massage!

• 3rd Nov 2014