Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

Great atmosphere. Very comfortable and lots of places to just chill and relax.

• 12th Jun 2015

Ideal place for staying in the heart of Granada's central area. Staff are friendly and helpful. Hostel is clean and dorm room is creatively organized and spacious enough. Would definitely book here again on my next trip back to Granada. An extra shower/washroom for the dorm would be amazing!

Perfect hostel. Staff were all friendly and helpful, facilities were well maintained. I appreciated that there were smoking and non-smoking sections outside, location is perfect - less than 5 minute walk from the town center

• 3rd Jun 2015

Great hotel in Granada, a liked the layout of the dorms and they provided fans for most beds for the hot nights of Granada. Nice courtyard to chill and an ok kitchen to make a simple dish or two. Location is fantastic and very close to main square.

The place is one block from the main square and two blocks from the main road. Dorm is clean and spacious with a special rack just for your luggage. The lockers in and outside the room are huge. The bath-rooms are clean and cleaned daily. You can buy food and drinks at the bar for a reasonable price. It does have a tour-desk but I didn't us it. Info from the staff as accurate. There's no key to the hostel or the dorm but staff is on duty 24/7. Wifi is stable an super fast. A good place to stay.

perfect location (right beside the central park), spacious dorm room, comfy common area, small but alright guest kitchen, nice friendly and helpful staff, good place to meet people. All in all, it's GREAT!

This is a beautiful hostel. The dorm is great. There's a fan for every bed, it's clean, and the lockers are huge. My only complaint is that the kitchen is tiny.

I had a very nice stay at El momento. Iy is very well located, so close to the parque central. The little kitchen is well equiped and the garden is lovely.

outstanding in every aspect, staff in particular goes above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We had the private room upstairs which was really spacious but bit hot! Great tours available & good info. Probably the best nica food I ate in Granada! Yum! Would stay here again if I returned to Granada.

Enjoyed our stay at Elaine Momento in Granada, Nicaragua. Comfortable, quiet, and near all the sights.

• 15th Apr 2015

Staffs are very friendly and helpful...Especially Fatima she is wonderful...Good location...I will come back again !!!!!

I stayed in the dorm for one night and had a fantastic sleep. It wasn't too loud and the multitude of fans helped keep it cool. This isn't a social hostel but it suits the layout. Staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is lovely and perfect. There is a comfortable seating area. It is not a party hostel or a super social atmosphere but if you don't want those then it is a good place. I am a solo female traveler and I felt safe and it was clean. I think the location is excellent as it is close to the park and the cathedral and within walking distance of everything you need. Beds are large and comfortable. Dorm is pretty with high ceilings and lots of space.

Communal areas and dorm were nice (the dorm has double beds), location is good although its hard to see the sign behind the gates so you could easily miss it if you don't know it's there. Staff sometimes super helpful, sometimes moody, water wasn't included and there are a lot of signs up with staff regularly entering the dorms. I felt a bit like I was being watched! In general it was fine for a few nights.

We have had 5 signs and 2 plants outside the hostel & all have been asked to be taken down by Centro Historico department, we are currently working on correcting this, it is not what the hostel wants. Our staff had no problems with this guest during her stay,they do not watch anyone,they are there to attend to the guests needs and do their job not to make anyone uncomfortable Staff do enter the dorm. clean the bathroom,change toilet paper,turn on lights,make sure beds are ready for new guests.

El Momento was wonderful! The beds were very large, clean, and each with a fan. The common areas were spectacular and the food and drink delicious and inexpensively priced. The staff was very friendly and helpful even though I did not speak Spanish that well. Close to the park central and in a safe part of town. I would love to stay here again.

• 29th Mar 2015

+ Very close to city centre and main tourist areas. + Helpful staff. + Nice garden/common area. + Very big shower/bathroom in the dormitory.

Very helpful staff - very focussed on helping guests. Dorm has plenty of space with nice high ceiling. Location is really central.

Nice, quiet, pleasant spot in a really good location. Staff were so nice. The one big dorm room has a variety of different beds - singles, doubles, bunks - and lights were next to each bed instead of one overhead so you won't have anyone coming in at 2am and turning the lights on. Great! Not a very social hostel but the other travelers I met were nice. My only real complaints were: not enough bathrooms; charged for drinking water. This is normal in Nica but I still don't think they should do so.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and giving lots of important information for future guests. Regarding the bathrooms we have 4 in total for about 14 people in the dorm and shared room. We used to have less but we built more, this is the first complaint we have had in over 2 years since we built the last ones. Regarding drinking water, we buy about 3 large containers a day,if for for free it maybe more. Drinking water will become more expensive, we see this already.

Had a great stay here. The courtyard with tons of hammocks, chill out areas, and hostel restaurant was a welcome touch. There is a tour operator in the lobby which gives you some ideas of what to do in Granada, tho you can find cheaper prices for certain tours by walking around the Calzados street. Hostel was clean and secure. Only complaint, which everyone commented on, was the LOUD ceiling fan in the dorm. There are individual fans for each bed, if this was fixed would have been perfect!