Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

A nicely located hostel close to the parque central. The room was a bit dark and we got a few mosquito bites the few nights we stayed there. A pretty good hostel for the price we paid. More light and less bugs would be an advantage rather than having iPads available for the residents.

Best mattress of any hostel. Friendly staff and good food.

Beautiful place -- close to the center of the city, beautifully decorated and clean. Nice staff, accommodating and fast responding -- I had a problem with my bed and it was fixed in under an hour. Awesome dorm, with lots of space and double bunk beds. Showers are indeed bad, but that's because of Granada's water supply. Great option.

Great place, great staff, great location! The shower in the dorm is massive and has decent pressure which was a treat. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food is great if you're tired from walking around the streets or the islands! Would definitely recommend!

Staff was extremely helpful (arranged a 4am transfer to the airport in Managua for me).

No night guard and door to hostel can be opened without a key - so basically at night anyone can wander inside. Also don't put your stuff in the room safe since ours was not actually attached to anything and could simply be carried away. Staff is very helpful and everything else was fine as well.

I stayed in the private room with shared bath. The bathrooms were always clean, and I rarely had to wait to use them. I made effort to talk with the staff and they were nice. The location was fabulous. I didn't talk to any other travelers, but they were around. It wasn't homey like that. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I will pass the information on to the staff, we appretiate you writing about the bathrooms etc It is funny how our establishment gets contrasting reviews as you said it was not homely as we get many comments saying how homely it feels, I really think it depends on the traveler and what other guests they meet.

Amazing value for money, really great atmosphere, felt so relaxed. Also great dorm, loads of space and not too hot like most! Would highly recommend

The dinner specials there were unbelievable!!!! such a wonderful treat to have good veggies after so long without them!! Everything was clean and comfortable, loved it!! If I was going to be picky the only thing I would recommend for improvement is an air conditioner for the room, it got really hot over night and the fan helped minimally, but overall that wasn't really a big deal! Would definitely stay here again

• 25th Jul 2014

Very nice staff and rooms. Well decorated. This was one of the best hostels in Nicaragua that we stayed at.

Great staff, very helpful. Booked tours for us and helped with directions in town and travel plans. The hostel is beautiful, although the dorm room is very hot at night, they do provide many fans. Definitely stay here if you're visiting Granada!

Very comfortable and chill place to stop over. Owner and staff where on top of everything and provided immaculate comfort and service.

• 15th Jul 2014

El Momento sells its image as a beautiful and comfortable hostel for those who want to spend a little extra money for comfort. In the end the atmosphere is a boring and paralized. The kitchen is very badly equipped and small. Here everything is on sale and the prices are not cheap. Considering that the price is the double (8dolares) comparing to many other hostels in town (4dolares) in the end it just leaves a bitter feeling. Even though the guy at the recepcion was really nice and helpful.

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do not try to sell ourselves as a party hostel as we are only a small hostel which suits some and not others. Some nights the hostel is full other nights everyone is out on the town. Hostels in town range from $4-$15, the difference is our mattresses, # of fans,power outlets,#lamps, cleanliness & fumigation. Everything is on sale- do not understand this comment. Prices not cheap comments are subjective

Pros: 7 of the 11 dorm beds are doubles so good chance you'll get one if you stay in the dorm! Plus an outlet, fan, and big locker for each bed. The garden area are great for hanging out, the wifi is pretty strong, and the restaurant decent. The staff were very kind, and the location (just around the corner from the central park) is excellent. Con: It seemed pretty clean, and I had no problems.

Thank you for your response and taking the time and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us but are a little disappointed you are writing about a problem which I do not know about with another guest. We fumigate every 3 months by law and fumigate once a week ourselves as well as doing checks on beds when guests leave, this is an unfortunate part of our job but necessary, this is where this comment many have risen from.

The owner and staff at El Momento are wonderful - very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend to anyone. I will definitely stay there next time I go to Granada.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay here! It is an excellent location with a great staff! I would definitely recommend this hostal and I would stay here again myself!

The owner and staff at Hostel El Momento are outstanding! The food served in the little cafe is very good, and priced right. I loved everything about this place, with perhaps the exception of my room. My room was up in the loft. It was very hot, stuffy, dingy lighting, no windows. I saw other rooms, and the bunk room, that were very nice. It would have been nice to know more about this room before I booked. Or perhaps you can fix it up a little nicer. Otherwise, my stay was great. Thanks!

• 16th Jun 2014

Thank you for your stay and it was nice to have you hear with us for all your nights. We would have been happy to change rooms for you if we have known you did not like it. You are right it does not have windows but this is why we have the skylight, other guests have complained it was too bright. In our notes about the room though we do explain that it is an upstairs room.

Great hostel with perfect location and really nice staff. They let us keep our bags there all day even though we had checked out. Only downside was that our private room (#3) was literally inside the kitchen so it was a bit noisy. Other than that it was great and I would 100% stay here again!

Sorry you did not enjoy the room, we do describe all the rooms so that guests can see what type of room is available and this is mentioned and why it is at a cheaper price. Many guests are surprised that some rooms only have 1 bed and we do have a description,, we can only give the information and leave it up to the guest to either read it or not before making a reservation.

Nice common space. Dorm bathroom could have been cleaner, especially the shower. Fans for almost every bed. Owner really pushed tours over independent excursions (e.g. at noon I asked about how to get a lancha to the isletas and was told it was probably too late in the day already, that I should do a tour the following day. Another person at the hostel got a lancha at 3pm that day no problem).

The bathroom has been painted recently. Regarding myself pushing tours this is simply not true, we have a list of tours at reception, at the bottom we note that guests can ask reception if they want to do them solo. We do not push tours because we know some guests do not have the budget or prefer not to, after 3yrs of being open this is the first comment on this.I do not remember our conversation,I believe you may have not communicated to me you wanted to do this solo because 12pm is not late

Staff were good, helpful. Room was clean. Showers were terrible

Sorry to hear your problem with the showers but this is by no means the fault of the hostel. We do have in all rooms and in the shower in the dorm room a notice explaining about the water pressure in Granada going low from 9-6pm. The company tends to shut off the water 2-3 times a week also. All houses in Granada suffer with this problem. We have a water tank to compensate the water being switched off. If you had complained we would have explained this too you.