Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

Staffs are very friendly and helpful...Especially Fatima she is wonderful...Good location...I will come back again !!!!!

I stayed in the dorm for one night and had a fantastic sleep. It wasn't too loud and the multitude of fans helped keep it cool. This isn't a social hostel but it suits the layout. Staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is lovely and perfect. There is a comfortable seating area. It is not a party hostel or a super social atmosphere but if you don't want those then it is a good place. I am a solo female traveler and I felt safe and it was clean. I think the location is excellent as it is close to the park and the cathedral and within walking distance of everything you need. Beds are large and comfortable. Dorm is pretty with high ceilings and lots of space.

Communal areas and dorm were nice (the dorm has double beds), location is good although its hard to see the sign behind the gates so you could easily miss it if you don't know it's there. Staff sometimes super helpful, sometimes moody, water wasn't included and there are a lot of signs up with staff regularly entering the dorms. I felt a bit like I was being watched! In general it was fine for a few nights.

We have had 5 signs and 2 plants outside the hostel & all have been asked to be taken down by Centro Historico department, we are currently working on correcting this, it is not what the hostel wants. Our staff had no problems with this guest during her stay,they do not watch anyone,they are there to attend to the guests needs and do their job not to make anyone uncomfortable Staff do enter the dorm. clean the bathroom,change toilet paper,turn on lights,make sure beds are ready for new guests.

El Momento was wonderful! The beds were very large, clean, and each with a fan. The common areas were spectacular and the food and drink delicious and inexpensively priced. The staff was very friendly and helpful even though I did not speak Spanish that well. Close to the park central and in a safe part of town. I would love to stay here again.

• 29th Mar 2015

+ Very close to city centre and main tourist areas. + Helpful staff. + Nice garden/common area. + Very big shower/bathroom in the dormitory.

Very helpful staff - very focussed on helping guests. Dorm has plenty of space with nice high ceiling. Location is really central.

Nice, quiet, pleasant spot in a really good location. Staff were so nice. The one big dorm room has a variety of different beds - singles, doubles, bunks - and lights were next to each bed instead of one overhead so you won't have anyone coming in at 2am and turning the lights on. Great! Not a very social hostel but the other travelers I met were nice. My only real complaints were: not enough bathrooms; charged for drinking water. This is normal in Nica but I still don't think they should do so.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and giving lots of important information for future guests. Regarding the bathrooms we have 4 in total for about 14 people in the dorm and shared room. We used to have less but we built more, this is the first complaint we have had in over 2 years since we built the last ones. Regarding drinking water, we buy about 3 large containers a day,if for for free it maybe more. Drinking water will become more expensive, we see this already.

I love this hostel! The people working there is super nice, it's a perfect location! Love the food! A couple Good vegetarian/vegan options :) both the curry and pasta pesto was delicious mmm:) If I'm going back i know where i am staying:) thank you

This is managed really well. Great facilities, friendly, helpful Staff. Central location. Best city hostel I've stayed at.

Best hostel I ever stayed in. Sleeping in the dorm was very easy - fans, great matresses and very very clean. Good food too. Would definately recommend it!!!

Great place, highly recommend for the three bed room!

The hostel was clean, safe and best of all some of the dorm beds are doubles! It is in an excellent location in Granada and at $8/night I'd say its an OK price. The only downside in my opinion is that the hostel lacked any atmosphere. Apart from that, was great.

I have no complaints about this hostel and in fact thought it was great. We stayed there twice during our trip to Nicaragua in Jan 2015. The first time, we stayed in the cheaper room by the kitchen. It really was fine, and they do a great job of clarifying that that is what you are paying for. The second time we stayed in a private room with a private bath, and it felt quite luxurious after the other places we stayed in Nicaragua. I would absolutely go back!

• 27th Jan 2015

I stayed in the dorms. Most comfortable bed I slept in during my stay in Nica. The staff were friendly, and helpful, and patient with my terrible efforts to speak Spanish. It's really close to good restaurants, the market, and parque central. I would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jan 2015

Nice hostel located near the main square! Enough showers and toilets for everyone. Ample kitchen, i could cook 2 minute noodles and chicken nuggets. Good mix of people. Enjoy your stay!

Great hostel in an excellent location. Close to the centre but just far enough out to be quiet. The hostel itself has some of the best beds you will find in any hostel. They are big. Even in the dorm. The dorm itself was also big. You'l need to ask for a fan as it can get pretty warm in there. The facilities in the hostel are great. Loads of places to sit and relax. The vibe is very laid back. This is a chilled out place an not a party hostel . Which was fine with me. Great food too.

Good value, great staff .. All just around the corner from the main square in Granada.. Would recommend

Absolutely brilliant hostel, my favourite in the whole of central and South America. The dorms are big and roomy and beds really comfy all with individual fans. The common area is a beautiful garden with enough chairs and sofas, it actually feels like a hotel. Staff are all super friendly and speak excellent English. Internet is good in the common areas but variable on the rooms. Only slight downside is the water pressure is low in the mornings but at night is great. Highly highly recommend!

Chris from the hostel is very nice and responsive. He relieved our concern about my 76-year-old father with a prompt email confirmation. Also he ensures that my father reaches back to his family at home when he returns to the hostel. Thank you Chris to give us a peace of mind.