Hostal El Momento Reviews

Casa 104 Calle el Arsenal, Granada, Nicaragua

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. You can tell they care. Very nice facilities. Nice mattress. Good storage. Very nice layout. Only issue was bathroom floor was not clean. Maybe I went between cleaning cycles. It was not a major issue. I should have told the staff. So just an opportunity for improvement not a criticism. Overall very nice convenient comfy hostel in great location with nice and helpful staff.

Comfortable, quiet hostel for mature travelers.

Great garden to relax in. Excellent food. We stayed in a private room; it was upstairs and my boyfriend kept hitting his head on the VERY low beams walking up the stairs.

Nice place, no complaints, though room 3, a double, is right next to the staff kitchen... One of these spaces that wasn't a room, but with a bed, now is!

I really enjoyed staying at El Momento. Above all - the food there was out of this world! A great surprise! Everyone was very nice and helpful. My room was very basic but I had two oscillating fans that made heat bearable. Location couldn't have been better. Biggest plus (besides food) was the wonderful Spa Granada where you can swim all day for some cheap price. It was a beautiful place for me to get cool and enjoy have a blind man give me a wonderful massage!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Excellent atmosphere and location. Staff is attentive and helpful. Security at the front door could be improved.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hi Lisa Thank you for your comments with us, regarding security at the front door. No outside guests allowed in dorm or private rooms. Fully locked at night with gate and door No guests in reception at night for security reasons All staff fully trained for security in this area All of the above both for security for guests, staff and the property No problems in 3 years Please send me an email if you had a problem.

Breakfast is not included in the price but they have a wee restaurant in the hostel. They do close the kitchen before 8:30 pm though (even though they say that the kitchen is open until then). Good location. Great beds. Clean.

Thank you for wirting a review, we (the owners) were actually on vacation for a few days and it was in this period you were here, someone is in trouble as the restaurant should not have been closed before 8.30pm so thank you for pointing this out.

A nicely located hostel close to the parque central. The room was a bit dark and we got a few mosquito bites the few nights we stayed there. A pretty good hostel for the price we paid. More light and less bugs would be an advantage rather than having iPads available for the residents.

We have never had a complaint about the dorm being dark before, sometimes we have guests who want to sleep in the day and decide to close the windows, if we know this we re-open the windows so it is not dark during the day so there is not an accident. We do have some window mosquito nets, it is also a dorm with people leaving doors open and we do not ask mosquitoes to bite the guests as we do not also force the guests to use the ipads that is their choice. Very strange review

Best mattress of any hostel. Friendly staff and good food.

Beautiful place -- close to the center of the city, beautifully decorated and clean. Nice staff, accommodating and fast responding -- I had a problem with my bed and it was fixed in under an hour. Awesome dorm, with lots of space and double bunk beds. Showers are indeed bad, but that's because of Granada's water supply. Great option.

Great place, great staff, great location! The shower in the dorm is massive and has decent pressure which was a treat. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food is great if you're tired from walking around the streets or the islands! Would definitely recommend!

Staff was extremely helpful (arranged a 4am transfer to the airport in Managua for me).

No night guard and door to hostel can be opened without a key - so basically at night anyone can wander inside. Also don't put your stuff in the room safe since ours was not actually attached to anything and could simply be carried away. Staff is very helpful and everything else was fine as well.

I stayed in the private room with shared bath. The bathrooms were always clean, and I rarely had to wait to use them. I made effort to talk with the staff and they were nice. The location was fabulous. I didn't talk to any other travelers, but they were around. It wasn't homey like that. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I will pass the information on to the staff, we appretiate you writing about the bathrooms etc It is funny how our establishment gets contrasting reviews as you said it was not homely as we get many comments saying how homely it feels, I really think it depends on the traveler and what other guests they meet.

Amazing value for money, really great atmosphere, felt so relaxed. Also great dorm, loads of space and not too hot like most! Would highly recommend

The dinner specials there were unbelievable!!!! such a wonderful treat to have good veggies after so long without them!! Everything was clean and comfortable, loved it!! If I was going to be picky the only thing I would recommend for improvement is an air conditioner for the room, it got really hot over night and the fan helped minimally, but overall that wasn't really a big deal! Would definitely stay here again

• 25th Jul 2014

Very nice staff and rooms. Well decorated. This was one of the best hostels in Nicaragua that we stayed at.

Great staff, very helpful. Booked tours for us and helped with directions in town and travel plans. The hostel is beautiful, although the dorm room is very hot at night, they do provide many fans. Definitely stay here if you're visiting Granada!

Very comfortable and chill place to stop over. Owner and staff where on top of everything and provided immaculate comfort and service.

• 15th Jul 2014

El Momento sells its image as a beautiful and comfortable hostel for those who want to spend a little extra money for comfort. In the end the atmosphere is a boring and paralized. The kitchen is very badly equipped and small. Here everything is on sale and the prices are not cheap. Considering that the price is the double (8dolares) comparing to many other hostels in town (4dolares) in the end it just leaves a bitter feeling. Even though the guy at the recepcion was really nice and helpful.

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do not try to sell ourselves as a party hostel as we are only a small hostel which suits some and not others. Some nights the hostel is full other nights everyone is out on the town. Hostels in town range from $4-$15, the difference is our mattresses, # of fans,power outlets,#lamps, cleanliness & fumigation. Everything is on sale- do not understand this comment. Prices not cheap comments are subjective