Hostal El Refugio Reviews

Palguin 540, Pucon, Chile

Stayed here over the weekend with some friends to see Pucón while we're studying in Chile. This hostel is absolutely amazing! A big thanks goes to the staff for making this a very cozy, warm, and welcoming place to stay at! They are extremely helpful and will book all sorts of activities you're interested in doing while in Pucón, on top of that, they treat you like family :) Will definitely stay here again if given another opportunity!

• 21st Jun 2014

Happy you had a good stay here, guys! Hope to see you coming back here, but `till then: happy travels!

This place was incredible. The staff are what makes it so great, they organize everything you would ever want to do, and went above and beyond helping us get the best prices for activities. This place is a must stay.

Thanks, girly! Traveling is supposed to be fun and easy, so this is what we are here for and as travelers ourselves we have some kind of idea how it is supposed to be (: Glad you had a good stay, take care!

My friends and I had an absolutely amazing experience and it all thanks to this hostel. Their staff was so warm and welcoming and more than willing to help us set up excursions, we hardly had to do anything! I would recommend them to absolutely everyone

• 7th Jun 2014

Thanks for kind words!! It was so nice having you here! We have big plans on making this plase even better, with a kitchen/lounge in the back where we can chill with some wine when you come back! Big hugs Heidi and Santi

The staff were absolutely amazing! Our stay would not have been half as good as it was with them. Very helpful, very honest about activities in Pucon, as constantly went out of their way to please us and make our vacation wonderful. Not a single thing needed improvement!

• 7th Jun 2014

Thank you so much, I`m so glad you had a good stay here! It will take some time to forget the awesome BBQ we did, we were a great team! You are always very welcome to come back, I`ll have mulled wine and a fire going ready for you (: Cheers, Heidi and Santi

Great place, awesome people! Only speaking English I get intimidated to organize activities but here at the hostel everything is already organized and you just inform the main desk of what you would like to do, and that's it! Stay here, or the sister hostel "chili kiwi"

Thank you so much for your comment! Really nice having you here for some days, traveling is supposed to be easy and fun, I`m glad we could help with that (: Best regards, Heidi

Great homely feeling hostel. Staff worked tirelessly to ensure guests were well looked after. Enjoyed my stay here.

Thank you so much for your comment! (: I`m glad you had a good stay with us, we do our very best to keep you guys happy, after all we`re all a big family here at El Refugio! Hope you got your cap before you left! Best regards, Heidi

Add an amazing stay at the Refugio. Feels just like a little wood shack or a ski cottage where you would meet with friends, have a good dinner and drinks. The girls from the staff are the sweetest!! Very good info on what to do in Pucon as well. If you go there you are all in for very cool and various activities.

• 28th Apr 2014

El Refugio is an awesome little hostel, I enjoyed my stay so much and will recommend it to everyone! The atmosphere is really warm and friendly and the staff has tons of information about everything you would like to do in or around Pucon even around South America! The girls did a BBQ (which is amazing, with all you can drink, wine or beer, and eat) but they managed to get the party people out before midnight, so I had a really good rest before I climbed the volcano the next day. The fireplace

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Immediately felt like home! One of the best atmospheres I've ever come across. I fell in love with the domes. Always people to chat to, cozy fire and oh-so-loveable dog. Great advice available on all the things to do in Pucón, these guys have links with many agencies around the town so you're bound to have plenty to do - just beware of some activities needing minimum numbers, so if you're on your own there is the risk of last-minute cancellations...

a wonderful place to be. It felt like home.

• 17th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Run by backpackers which means everything you could possibly want is catered for. If I had the time, I would have stayed here for a week

The Hostal El Refugio is definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The atmosphere was really nice and coasy, with a warm fireplace and an awesome staff that made you feel like coming home. We had the best weekend in Pucon, and I would without any doubt go back again. Don't miss out on staying at this hostel!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

El Refugio is a really cool hostel, it feels so cozy and welcoming that we ended up staying a lot longer than expected. The staff are awesome and helpful in organizing activities and making recommendations for restaurants and cafes around town. The kitchen has everything you need and if you happen to be there on BBQ night definitely sign up because its a ton of fun. Overall it's a great place to stay in Pucon and you'll meet lots of great people there!

• 1st Apr 2014

Brilliant little hostel. Welcoming staff. Really helpful with finding things to do in town. Pucon has been my favourite destination and this hostel was a big part of it. Totally recommend :)

• 5th Mar 2014

Staff are changing so it's only worth noting stuff to do with the building. Very clean, nice and comfy, good lockers. Dorm is good but the sloping rooves make fore sore elbows in the night. Showers are hot. The place is a bit run down but has a great fire. It's BASIC and the kitchen is small but it gives you everything you need.

It was the first time I went to a Hostel that had staff who were backpackers themselves. That made the Hostel quite special because they welcome you like friends, help you in every situation, recommend you trips and activities they recently did themselves. Staying in the Hostel was like staying in a family. We also did a lot together there like eating, cooking, booking same activities. You only have to sign up for what you want to do and they organise everything for you. Go There!!

A very nice cosy place to stay. Its facilities are basic and the downstairs dorm I stayed in was a bit cramped. It is slap bang in the middle of the town and right next to the bus station so it is easy to get around from this place. Staff were a little bit unfriendly+unwilling to help or do any cleaning so when the cleaner didnt turn up one day the staff got stoned and did a poor job and left the place in a bit of a state. value for money is okay but the atmosphere is great.

Pro's: Very kind poeple and a friendly and family-like atmosphere. Its eays to get in touch with other travellers. Sometimes they make BBQ. They are seperating the waste. Its lays close to the bus-station, but not necessarily noisy. Con's: Unfortunetly the House is worn out. It should be overhauled. Some parts of the equipement are broken (e.g. shower) . Sometimes loud music was played.

This hostel breaths socialness. Staff is very friendly and will inform you about all the activities that Pucon and its surroundings have to offer.They organized a very nice hamburger night which ended in a big night out. Beds are really comfy and you can easily get all your stuff in the big lockers. Living room is cosy, comfortable garden to relax after a day full of activities.This place is only a no-go if you' re afraid of being social.Big up for the Dutch twins, Ally from Cally and Negra.

Stayed here for two more nights than I had planned. The staff are great and extremely helpful. The hostel offers a great choice of tours and activities. Facilities were good, showers always hot