Hostal El Refugio Reviews

Palguin 540, Pucon, Chile

Staff were really nice and friendly. Organised trips for us etc. Great location. Enjoyable stay

• 14th Oct 2014

Very nice and comfy hostel! There is always hot water in the showers and it was also very warm in the rooms (which is not usual for Chile). The staff is great, you feel very welcome there and they organize everything for you! Rooms and other facilities are kept clean. Great hostel!

If you're after a cosy little place to make you feel at home then this is for you. It may not be flashy and and modern but the staff and atmosphere make this one of my favourite hostels ever. These guys will go out of their way to make sure your stay is unforgettable. Rather than someone that sits behind a desk they make you feel as though they are part of your travelling team and try to help you to make the most of your time in Pucon.

• 16th Sep 2014

Positive: location, staff and atmosphere. Negative: Shower. It starts hot but in the middle of the bath it gets freezing.

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I`m so sorry about the water, we have a boiler and a natural heated tank to provide us with hot water, sometimes we forget to switch to the boiler when the tank is empty. There is plenty of hot water here, so, sorry again, we`ll be more aware of it from now on! Cheers

Great little hostel located near most of the bus terminals. Very friendly and helpfull staff who will help you with the booking of all the activities you can do in Pucon.

The staff are very knowledgeable about the area and can arrange days out. The bathroom downstairs needs a deep clean. There is plenty of hot water

Hi ! We always want to improve the hostel and sometimes we need a little reminder, thanks. Hope you enjoyed Pucon and the area. Safe travels! Cheers, Heidi.

It was the hostel where I really felt as home!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Hi! Thanks a lot. It was so nice to have you here, you are welcome back anytime. Saludos, Heidi

Hotel El Refugio was like being at home. I immediately felt welcomed, safe and warm. Upon an early arrival i was greated with hot coffee and a complete personal rundown of all the activities possible in Pucon. The place was always warm from the fireplace, a real necessity in the winter. The staff were always there, and included you in social activities with not only themselves, but other travellers. My one night stay ended up extending to a week because I enjoyed it so much.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Stayed here over the weekend with some friends to see Pucón while we're studying in Chile. This hostel is absolutely amazing! A big thanks goes to the staff for making this a very cozy, warm, and welcoming place to stay at! They are extremely helpful and will book all sorts of activities you're interested in doing while in Pucón, on top of that, they treat you like family :) Will definitely stay here again if given another opportunity!

• 21st Jun 2014

Happy you had a good stay here, guys! Hope to see you coming back here, but `till then: happy travels!

This place was incredible. The staff are what makes it so great, they organize everything you would ever want to do, and went above and beyond helping us get the best prices for activities. This place is a must stay.

Thanks, girly! Traveling is supposed to be fun and easy, so this is what we are here for and as travelers ourselves we have some kind of idea how it is supposed to be (: Glad you had a good stay, take care!

My friends and I had an absolutely amazing experience and it all thanks to this hostel. Their staff was so warm and welcoming and more than willing to help us set up excursions, we hardly had to do anything! I would recommend them to absolutely everyone

• 7th Jun 2014

Thanks for kind words!! It was so nice having you here! We have big plans on making this plase even better, with a kitchen/lounge in the back where we can chill with some wine when you come back! Big hugs Heidi and Santi

The staff were absolutely amazing! Our stay would not have been half as good as it was with them. Very helpful, very honest about activities in Pucon, as constantly went out of their way to please us and make our vacation wonderful. Not a single thing needed improvement!

• 7th Jun 2014

Thank you so much, I`m so glad you had a good stay here! It will take some time to forget the awesome BBQ we did, we were a great team! You are always very welcome to come back, I`ll have mulled wine and a fire going ready for you (: Cheers, Heidi and Santi

Great place, awesome people! Only speaking English I get intimidated to organize activities but here at the hostel everything is already organized and you just inform the main desk of what you would like to do, and that's it! Stay here, or the sister hostel "chili kiwi"

Thank you so much for your comment! Really nice having you here for some days, traveling is supposed to be easy and fun, I`m glad we could help with that (: Best regards, Heidi

Great homely feeling hostel. Staff worked tirelessly to ensure guests were well looked after. Enjoyed my stay here.

Thank you so much for your comment! (: I`m glad you had a good stay with us, we do our very best to keep you guys happy, after all we`re all a big family here at El Refugio! Hope you got your cap before you left! Best regards, Heidi

Add an amazing stay at the Refugio. Feels just like a little wood shack or a ski cottage where you would meet with friends, have a good dinner and drinks. The girls from the staff are the sweetest!! Very good info on what to do in Pucon as well. If you go there you are all in for very cool and various activities.

• 28th Apr 2014