Hostal El Refugio Reviews

Palguin 540, Pucon, Chile

We had a great two nights with these guys, mostly because of the excellent staff! They really set the tone for the hostel by pulling up chairs and hanging out late into the evening. They even helped us coordinate an awesome (and cheap!) kayak/picnic trip to a secluded beach. The beds were comfortable, the two kitchens were well equipped, and the layout was super conducive to socializing. It reminded me of a ski cabin back home. If we head back to Pucon, we'd definitely stay here.

This hostel is absolutely amazing. My boyfriend and I had only planned on staying for 2 nights but ended staying for 6! The staff are super friendly and helpful. Include you in social activities or conversation and keep the place super clean. The location is right where you want to be- Main Street for supermarket, bars etc and bus stations at your doorstep. The atmosphere was like being at home with plenty of space for cooking, chilling and drinking. If your in pucon- go here for sure!

Loved our stay here. The dome tents were awesome, and we extended our stay an extra 2 nights because we liked it so much. Showers were only ok as the temperature fluctuated a little, but was only a minor downside of a great stay.

• 18th Feb 2015

Awesome Hostel. Would stay here again for sure.The staff make the Hostel, super safe and close to everything! Do it!

El Refugio is the best place to stay in Pucón! We met plenty of very nice people there, the atmosphere is very relaxed and we felt at home. The staff is super helpful and always available to answer any questions. We stayed for 5 nights and slept in the tents and it was a lot of fun! There's plenty of blankets to keep you warm even when the nights are a bit chilly and the beds are very comfortable. I really recommend this hostel!

We really liked this hostel. The staff were brilliant and the tours they arranged were cheap and awesome. Try hydro and definitely do canyoning.

Had such a good time here, made a reservation for 1 night, but stayed for 6 nights! So many cool things to do here and the staff are awesome, going out of their way to help you with absolutely everything. It´s a small hostel, but that is what makes it good, it is so easy to meet people and the atmosphere in this hostel is the best, so cosy and tranquilo, but at the same time so much fun!! Thanks guys!!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Spain

I had a GREAT time in this Hostel. The staff, Heidi and Santi are amazing ❤️ They are so friendly, welcoming and made the stay unforgetable with a nice barbeque, partyes and help us with everything we needed. Never had such good service as in this hostel. Our plan was to Stay for 3 nigths, but endes up staying for a week cause we really enjoyed staying there. Thanks for everything😉

Amazing staff,halps in all you need. And makes the staying like at home!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Israel

I wish I could add a picture now of the great atmosphere over here. You'll definitely stay longer than you expect! Thanks especially to all the staff, you're the best!

The hostel is close to the bus terminals and all the amenities, although the noise from buses can be heard some times. Somewhat unusual set up with extra beds in tents in the garden, which are perfectly adequate. Very friendly staff. Note that no breakfast is provided and no bar on site, although discount to local places is provided.

• 29th Jan 2015

Good hostel for pucon. Stayed in the 3 bed tent and was hard to sleep in the mornings and nights as it was loud from people coming and going for activities. Also seemed to always hear a party from place next door. Bathrooms are ok, could use more. Location was good for coming and going from pucon right next to bus stations. It was good for the price of a bed in pucon. Would stay again.

A very nice and cosy hostel. I really enjoyed my stay. The hostel has a nice atmosfere and it is easy to meet other travelers.

Pros: Nice atmosphere and very cool and super helpful staff - thanks for the great time. Hostal staff organized a delicious BBQ with fantastic meat one night. Improvement potential: Very crowded hostal, not enough bathrooms, kitchen and bathrooms a bit rundown; we were staying in a private room, which was small, but very nice - shared bathroom.

Thanks for your comment, man! Glad you had a good time here and that you enjoyed the BBQ. We are always trying to improve this hostel, so thansk for letting us know! Cheers, Refugio crew

Very cosy and the tents outside are really good. staff is awesome and you can book all your activities through them. 2 blocks from the main street

Nice hostel. Really good staff. Tent for 3 people doesn't have jack.

Thanks for your comment. I don`t understand what you mean with that the tents don`t have jack? The tents we have are a good cheap option for travellers coming to Pucon during summer with a tighter budget and it also has all the facilities as a dorm. Electricity, lockers, sheets and we only ask for a deposit here if you don`t have your own padlock. Cheers

It was a good place to stay considering the price for a bed in pucon. They dont accept credit card, altough the description says they do. The tent doesnt have eletricity, so i had to charge my cellphone on the kitchen but that is a minor problem. Overall, its a good place to stay.

Thanks for your comment, man! Really nice having you here! I just want to inform you that the tents have electricity, but we were missing a socket for one of the tents. I don`t understand where you read that we accept credit card as we never accepted it. If you can please let me know where, I`ll remove it. Cheers!

AMAZING! We wanted to stay forever! Such a charming place, with a beautiful dog and cat, the best staff in the world and amazing beds and facilities. Wish I could have moved in!!!

This place was perfect for my stay! I loved how the staff took care of making sure you had your days full of stuff to do and booked tours on your behalf. So easy and worry-free! All of the staff recommendations were spot on and created a warm environment to meet new people or even share a glass of wine/beer with a random fellow traveler.

• 5th Jan 2015

I loved the hostel. I enjoyed my time there and I have loved to stay more time. The staff was always helpful and nice to me. You could have more bathrooms and restrooms for the guests.