Hostal El Refugio Reviews

Palguin 540, Pucon, Chile

I wish I could add a picture now of the great atmosphere over here. You'll definitely stay longer than you expect! Thanks especially to all the staff, you're the best!

The hostel is close to the bus terminals and all the amenities, although the noise from buses can be heard some times. Somewhat unusual set up with extra beds in tents in the garden, which are perfectly adequate. Very friendly staff. Note that no breakfast is provided and no bar on site, although discount to local places is provided.

Good hostel for pucon. Stayed in the 3 bed tent and was hard to sleep in the mornings and nights as it was loud from people coming and going for activities. Also seemed to always hear a party from place next door. Bathrooms are ok, could use more. Location was good for coming and going from pucon right next to bus stations. It was good for the price of a bed in pucon. Would stay again.

A very nice and cosy hostel. I really enjoyed my stay. The hostel has a nice atmosfere and it is easy to meet other travelers.

Pros: Nice atmosphere and very cool and super helpful staff - thanks for the great time. Hostal staff organized a delicious BBQ with fantastic meat one night. Improvement potential: Very crowded hostal, not enough bathrooms, kitchen and bathrooms a bit rundown; we were staying in a private room, which was small, but very nice - shared bathroom.

Thanks for your comment, man! Glad you had a good time here and that you enjoyed the BBQ. We are always trying to improve this hostel, so thansk for letting us know! Cheers, Refugio crew

Very cosy and the tents outside are really good. staff is awesome and you can book all your activities through them. 2 blocks from the main street

Nice hostel. Really good staff. Tent for 3 people doesn't have jack.

Thanks for your comment. I don`t understand what you mean with that the tents don`t have jack? The tents we have are a good cheap option for travellers coming to Pucon during summer with a tighter budget and it also has all the facilities as a dorm. Electricity, lockers, sheets and we only ask for a deposit here if you don`t have your own padlock. Cheers

It was a good place to stay considering the price for a bed in pucon. They dont accept credit card, altough the description says they do. The tent doesnt have eletricity, so i had to charge my cellphone on the kitchen but that is a minor problem. Overall, its a good place to stay.

Thanks for your comment, man! Really nice having you here! I just want to inform you that the tents have electricity, but we were missing a socket for one of the tents. I don`t understand where you read that we accept credit card as we never accepted it. If you can please let me know where, I`ll remove it. Cheers!

AMAZING! We wanted to stay forever! Such a charming place, with a beautiful dog and cat, the best staff in the world and amazing beds and facilities. Wish I could have moved in!!!

This place was perfect for my stay! I loved how the staff took care of making sure you had your days full of stuff to do and booked tours on your behalf. So easy and worry-free! All of the staff recommendations were spot on and created a warm environment to meet new people or even share a glass of wine/beer with a random fellow traveler.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great little place

I loved the hostel. I enjoyed my time there and I have loved to stay more time. The staff was always helpful and nice to me. You could have more bathrooms and restrooms for the guests.

We were well welcomed by the staff from the very beginning. Heidi is wonderful, very friendly, helpful and informative - she even helped fix my girlfriend's sore knee. Negra is a wonderful dog and watching her play with the cat is a joy! It really feels like a travel family staying there. Rooms are good, although it's really noisy at 5 a.m. almost every day to go to the volcano. Beds are comfy. Bathrooms are ok. There're 2 kitchens, well equipped, but bad knives, lol. BEST HOSTEL IN TOWN! :)

1 2 Next » last »