Hostal Era Reviews

San Mateo 2, Madrid, Spain

Although I only stayed one night, my overall experience was great. Good location, good facilities and very kind staff. Would definitely stay there again if I come by Madrid again.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has no any vibe although it has a quite big common area. Its location is very good. The kitchen is 0. There is no any possibility to cook. Only to warm up meals. Even its not enough to prepare a prepared pizza. Room number 1 has no heating and the wifi is not working there. Its a quite calm hostel if you need to rest after a big journey you can do it here!!:)

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

We decided not to stay at this place after visiting it, because easily found better options (location, conditions, price) in Madrid.

Yeah my stay was okay A bit quiet compare to other places but doesn't change really still a very good hostel Would be probably interesting to organize something like a free night drink or diner for all guests just to create an atmosphere I mean to socialize

It was ok but I was in one of the 4 or so rooms off the reception/lounge so I didn't get any sleep while there as the noise and lights kept me up, and the staff didn't tell them to be quiet or go to the other 'room' down the hall. There was never any hot water. 😔

The hostel was clean and the staff was nice. The best thing was the location and the price! I recommend this place for people travelling with friends and for a short stay! Try not to be in the rooms near the breakfast area!

There were BED BUGS in my bed. I stayed just one night and after few hours I've left the hostel lots of bites appeared on my body!

• 21st Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, employees were very helpful and friendly and the bathrooms were spotless. Only problem was i had some trouble finding it after dark, perhaps they could make it clearer in the directions that the hostel is just off the corner of san mateo and fuencarral. :)

Comfortable, clean hostel located about 15 from puerta del sol, centre of madrid. Big locker for luggage. Good price witth breakfast included.

Good WiFi, good breakfast, good showers, good ambient, good location, the only inconvenient could be some noise from the street at night, but I think they are working on improve the windows isolation right now ;-)

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Close to the Metro, like really close, and in a nice neighbourhood. Wifi's good, breakfast is good, bed is good, what else do you want?

its a good location right in the centre of the city, but i have stayed in a lot better hostel, and its a pretty anti social hostel to meet people.

Good location and friendly!

We had an okay stay here. The staff were very friendly but there is no kitchen. We got our washing done here for €5 but when we got it back it wasn't completely dry and it smelled so bad we have to wash it again ourselves. The location is really great, you can easily walk anywhere within 15 minutes and there are lots of shops. Unfortunately I did get bitten by bed bugs. My boyfriend in a separate bed didn't have this problem but I had bites everywhere. Also very poor atmosphere. No good forparty

Good value

This hotel is located from Plaza Mayor,so it is loud at night,however,the staff is very kind.

good staff

The beds were comfortable and the location was really good, only a short walk to the city centre. Despite the terrible breakfast, at least it was free, so awesome value for money! However, it was advertised as a youth hostel, but there were two men in my room that were clearly 40+ in age. And not to mention creepy!!! Although the hostel was cleaned everyday, it still felt dirty. They advertise a kitchen facility - no way! Only a sink and microwave.

Not the worst hostel, definitely needs better ventilation, the environment inside is so stagnant. Apart from that fairly average place to stay.

Brilliant location! Friendly and helpful staff! Great value for money!