Hostal Era Reviews

San Mateo 2, Madrid, Spain

It's my first experience in a Hostel and I have to say that it was very good, clean and all the people are friendly and serious, I would recommend it to friends

• 25th Jan 2015

GOOD THINGS great location, nice breakfast, good staff. BAD THINGS Don't have a cooker, so you cannot cook in the kitchen. The showers are weak and not so hot (specialy if have another person in a bath). You cannoit drink at the hostel. Um ótimo hotel para ficar se vc tem pouca grana e quer ficar no centro de Madrid. O café da manhã é ótimo (a única cosia ruim é que você tem que ficar pedindo pra eles reporem a comida, o que é meio chato porque parece que eles estão fazendo um favor pra você).

Conditions were nice, the hostel is clean and it's located in a good neighborhood, not far away from the main attractions in the center. Their policy of not making any noise during the night might be a bit too extreme for those who are used to party a lot, but if you want a hostel where it's sure that you can sleep at night (because it's really quiet) you can choose this one. Overall, it was time and money well spent!

The internet doesn't work in the rooms, just in the common area. Lockers are not good and safety. Location is perfect, near Tribunal Metro station, in the centre of city.

The staff at night was kind of rude

Although I only stayed one night, my overall experience was great. Good location, good facilities and very kind staff. Would definitely stay there again if I come by Madrid again.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has no any vibe although it has a quite big common area. Its location is very good. The kitchen is 0. There is no any possibility to cook. Only to warm up meals. Even its not enough to prepare a prepared pizza. Room number 1 has no heating and the wifi is not working there. Its a quite calm hostel if you need to rest after a big journey you can do it here!!:)

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

We decided not to stay at this place after visiting it, because easily found better options (location, conditions, price) in Madrid.

Yeah my stay was okay A bit quiet compare to other places but doesn't change really still a very good hostel Would be probably interesting to organize something like a free night drink or diner for all guests just to create an atmosphere I mean to socialize

It was ok but I was in one of the 4 or so rooms off the reception/lounge so I didn't get any sleep while there as the noise and lights kept me up, and the staff didn't tell them to be quiet or go to the other 'room' down the hall. There was never any hot water. 😔

The hostel was clean and the staff was nice. The best thing was the location and the price! I recommend this place for people travelling with friends and for a short stay! Try not to be in the rooms near the breakfast area!

There were BED BUGS in my bed. I stayed just one night and after few hours I've left the hostel lots of bites appeared on my body!

• 21st Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, employees were very helpful and friendly and the bathrooms were spotless. Only problem was i had some trouble finding it after dark, perhaps they could make it clearer in the directions that the hostel is just off the corner of san mateo and fuencarral. :)

Comfortable, clean hostel located about 15 from puerta del sol, centre of madrid. Big locker for luggage. Good price witth breakfast included.

Good WiFi, good breakfast, good showers, good ambient, good location, the only inconvenient could be some noise from the street at night, but I think they are working on improve the windows isolation right now ;-)

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Close to the Metro, like really close, and in a nice neighbourhood. Wifi's good, breakfast is good, bed is good, what else do you want?

its a good location right in the centre of the city, but i have stayed in a lot better hostel, and its a pretty anti social hostel to meet people.

Nice little place with staff there 24 hours. Good facilities including a computer with internet which you can use for free, and breakfast served in the morning. AMAZING location right in the heart of Malasanya, a very hip suburb with good shopping and plenty of cafes to eat at.

Good location and friendly!

We had an okay stay here. The staff were very friendly but there is no kitchen. We got our washing done here for €5 but when we got it back it wasn't completely dry and it smelled so bad we have to wash it again ourselves. The location is really great, you can easily walk anywhere within 15 minutes and there are lots of shops. Unfortunately I did get bitten by bed bugs. My boyfriend in a separate bed didn't have this problem but I had bites everywhere. Also very poor atmosphere. No good forparty