Hostal Era Reviews

San Mateo 2, Madrid, Spain

It's a good hostel in the city but in my room i don't have Wi-Fi.

• 22nd Mar 2015

I liked the hostel well enough, but I did not like two things about it. One, the water that came out of the bathroom sinks only had one temperature: freezing cold. It hurt to wash my face, that's how cold it was. Two, there was a dim light over the door in the dorm room that stayed on all night. I get that it's probably there in case of an emergency, but I was in the top bunk right next to the door, and even the little amount of light that it gave off was enough to make it hard to fall asleep.

The kitchen lacked an oven, and it was quite cold in all areas but overall it was a good stay.

I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

Location is perfect, Bf is fine but that's it. After check out i had to leave the hostel or pay extra. Also extra paying for luggage storage. Tv is running all day, no music no daylight anywhere. Cleaning staff enter room at 9am, impossible sleeping longer. Atmosphere is not existing. Lockers to small to put your bag in it(somebody stoled money from my bag, but thats not hostels fault). All in all, can't recommend this at all!

It was a great location, staff was friendly and helpful, and the place is really cool and comfortable.

Nothing to complain

It's my first experience in a Hostel and I have to say that it was very good, clean and all the people are friendly and serious, I would recommend it to friends

• 25th Jan 2015

GOOD THINGS great location, nice breakfast, good staff. BAD THINGS Don't have a cooker, so you cannot cook in the kitchen. The showers are weak and not so hot (specialy if have another person in a bath). You cannoit drink at the hostel. Um ótimo hotel para ficar se vc tem pouca grana e quer ficar no centro de Madrid. O café da manhã é ótimo (a única cosia ruim é que você tem que ficar pedindo pra eles reporem a comida, o que é meio chato porque parece que eles estão fazendo um favor pra você).

Conditions were nice, the hostel is clean and it's located in a good neighborhood, not far away from the main attractions in the center. Their policy of not making any noise during the night might be a bit too extreme for those who are used to party a lot, but if you want a hostel where it's sure that you can sleep at night (because it's really quiet) you can choose this one. Overall, it was time and money well spent!

The internet doesn't work in the rooms, just in the common area. Lockers are not good and safety. Location is perfect, near Tribunal Metro station, in the centre of city.

The staff at night was kind of rude

Although I only stayed one night, my overall experience was great. Good location, good facilities and very kind staff. Would definitely stay there again if I come by Madrid again.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has no any vibe although it has a quite big common area. Its location is very good. The kitchen is 0. There is no any possibility to cook. Only to warm up meals. Even its not enough to prepare a prepared pizza. Room number 1 has no heating and the wifi is not working there. Its a quite calm hostel if you need to rest after a big journey you can do it here!!:)

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

We decided not to stay at this place after visiting it, because easily found better options (location, conditions, price) in Madrid.

Yeah my stay was okay A bit quiet compare to other places but doesn't change really still a very good hostel Would be probably interesting to organize something like a free night drink or diner for all guests just to create an atmosphere I mean to socialize

It was ok but I was in one of the 4 or so rooms off the reception/lounge so I didn't get any sleep while there as the noise and lights kept me up, and the staff didn't tell them to be quiet or go to the other 'room' down the hall. There was never any hot water. 😔

The hostel was clean and the staff was nice. The best thing was the location and the price! I recommend this place for people travelling with friends and for a short stay! Try not to be in the rooms near the breakfast area!

There were BED BUGS in my bed. I stayed just one night and after few hours I've left the hostel lots of bites appeared on my body!

• 21st Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, employees were very helpful and friendly and the bathrooms were spotless. Only problem was i had some trouble finding it after dark, perhaps they could make it clearer in the directions that the hostel is just off the corner of san mateo and fuencarral. :)