Hostal Fatima Reviews

Calle 12c No. 2-24, Barrio de la Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Would add note that they don't have very good or many outlets to charge electronics which I feel is a big deal..this needs to change in my mind..focus resources in this direction..thanks

Wifi connection wasn't very good. Quite noisy too at night.can hear the music down stairs in the bar and also you can hear people talking. Good location. Breakfast was good you can have as much as you want.

Nice hostel, good price, only downside is no wifi in the rooms and only really around the reception area.

A good hostel

The hostel has a great location in this historic district of Bogota. It is within walking distance of many points of interest and a quick cab ride to other neighborhoods. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This hostel definitely has a great atmosphere if you are looking to make friends. The walls however are paper thin, so there were a few nights it was difficult to sleep since our room was right outside of one of the common areas. There is a restaurant is also a plus.

My two friends and I stayed 3 nights at Hostal Fatima. The overall atmosphere is fantastic, ALL of the front desk staff are very helpful and mostly fluent in English. Fatima is very close to alot of Bogota's main attractions in the Candelaria area. We went on a beautiful graffiti tour around the city which was led by Luis Carlos, who's very knowledgeable and funny. I highly recommend Hostal Fatima to ANYONE traveling in Bogota.

• 19th Jan 2016

The showers had little pressure,but where ok if you read the instructions on their use,toilet seat was broken for the whole 4nights I was there, Free Breakfast of toast jam & plenty of fruits,tea & coffee

We were a bit disappointed with this hostel after reading other reviews. The 4 bed dorm is actually an 8 bed dorm with a thin wall part of the way between. I asked reception and they said that it was a 4 bed dorm with a shared entrance! The mattress was incredibly thin and uncomfortable, and the beds and pillows were covered in horrible plastic sheets. All the walls in the hostel are really thin and you can here EVERYTHING from other rooms and the common areas. Breakfast was nice.

We loved the atmosphere here! Lots of places for meeting others, but definitely not a party hostel like you might find in Medellin. Lots of different ages and nationalities- loved the diverse and chill group we met!

I think it's one of the best hostals I've stayed at. The only thing I would check is the common area. I stayed for a little over a week, and I was an amazin place just that I'm a late night owl, and at times I felt like having a cigarrete on the common area, well we were asked to leave the area and instead had to go out on the street which is not very safe at that time.

Overall hostal Fatima was an excellent choice. Great location, nice atmosphere and the staff is very helpful. The hostel also offers a free (tips only) bike graffiti tour, where you learn about the history of Bogota and watch selected graffiti paintings. The enthusiastic guide Phillip Carlos will let you know everything necessary in both Spanish and English! Highly recommended to do!

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at hostel Fatima. It was great having the restaurant/bar connected, after a long day out it was nice and convenient to have a drink right where we were staying so we didn't have to go far. Staff was friendly and helpful. The space was painted brightly lots of light, artsy rustic feel, really enjoyed the vibe. wifi was spotty and doesn't work in the rooms. Good people, good location close to everything, great hostel experience :)

Staff very helpful. Clean hostel with good facilities, reasonable breakfast and a great, inexpensive restaurant next door. Fairly quiet when we were there, however the restaurant next door had good atmosphere in the evening. Would recommend

Great hostel with great location, I dont really have anything bad to say. the Staff were incredibly nice and helpful. Best Laundry in South America without a doubt. good wifi (for 90% of the time), Good restaurant and great breakfast included. Coffee and tea 24\7. above all they have nice books exchange, tv room, kitchen 4 the geusts to use (which does not go without saying for a hostel with a restaurant), When i go back to bogota i will, without a doubt , go back to Fatima!!

My friends and I were visiting Bogota for my birthday; we LOVED this place. The staff is more than helpful if you actually ask them. The WIFI was fine and the atmosphere in this HUGE hostel is perfect. The breakfast is mostly fruit and toast, but it was still great. Beds a tad uncomfortable, but it was more than manageable. Overall, this hostel has it all especially for travelers especially for the location! Shoutout to Paula at the front desk for being more than awesome!

• 4th Dec 2015

Staff were mostly helpful and friendly. However, one had to find their own way around this spacious hostel given I was shown my room and left to figure out where everything was located. Eventually found where deposit boxes and kitchen were located, the latter tiny and eating area 30m away. The bunk mattress was rock hard and lighting poor throughout. The one computer was ancient and hardly workable. While a clean hostel and the breakfast excellent, there are better places to stay in Bogota