Hostal Forestal Reviews

Coronel Santiago Bueras 122, Barrio Lastarria, Santiago, Chile

Place was good. Staff was knowledgeable of the area and the hostel is located in a very nice neighborhood of Santiago. The common space is somewhat odd though, with a pool table occupying most of it. Also outlets are scarce in the rooms and bathrooms don't always guarantee hot water.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Staff were a little unorganized with whom was staying in the dorm rooms. We had a problem 2out of 3 nights with mix up in beds and they didn't make the right beds after guests checked out. Staff were friendly, breakfast was smaller each day though.

We were in a tiny 4 bed dorm by the front door. We were kept awake all night by people coming in and out. Furthermore the toilets were not clean and the rooms were very cold with no central heating

Staff makes you feel very welcome! Nice beds, spacious lookers and rooms. You can tell everything is old in there, but still functional. Quite place for sleeping! I would stay there again!

Good Hostel. I recommend it for all.

Excellent location, near to bellavista with cheap bars and restaurants. Very helpful staff, decent free breakfast.

Really good hostel, especially for the price. There was always people around but it was never loud. Excellent breakfast too - nice to have eggs and fruit :-)

The staff was friendly and helpful in general but female receptionist was rude on the first night. Good breakfast with cereals, fruits, bread, juices and milk. You will have to cook your own eggs. Comfortable rooms. Awesome location in the middle of the most attractions. The only problem I have is having snoring roommates on every night of my stay. On Monday, the hostel has free alcohol known as earthquake, on Wednesday night, free entrance to disco with free flow alcohol from 11-12 am.

The staff was super friendly, our room was clean and overall it was pretty secure. Great location (near Bellavista) while still quiet - loved it! The staff plays music pretty early in the morning that you can hear through your room - not great if you're hungover. And security was great for the most part!

• 13th May 2015

I stated in 3 different hostels in Santiago & this is the one i would come back to. Lovely staff, good common area, great wifi, comfy bed & close to lots of great stuff.

Great location in the pretty, safe and all around cool Lastarria neighborhood. Close to cafés and must-see spots of Santiago. Very good price for the location and quality of hostel. Staff are very helpful and the breakfast is great. Only one complaint, but a big one for me: fix the hot water problems! One gust checked out because of this. Don't know if it's a problem in the whole hostel, but it certainly was in our room.

Everything was good, just no internet never in five days! But mcdonalds is close and you can use wifi there. No hoy water in the bathrooms on the first floor. Good breakfast, good staff

Really liked it here. Not always hot water but nice staff. It was kinda quite when I was there so a good place to relax.

Really nice hostel, helpfull stuff, good ideas for tours and a clean kitchen with everything you need. At my last day there was free Terremoto (typical drink of Chile) as much as you wanted. Sadly I had to leave that night. For a good stay in Santiago: go to Hostal Forrestal.

Perfect location! Nice double room though they should consider having a trash can in it. No hot water at first but the misunderstanding was sorted out the morning after. Very nice breakfast!

• 3rd Apr 2015

I used to live in Santiago. This hostel is located in the center of everything a typical tourist wants to see. The place is very clean and the breakfast is great. Anytime a friend goes to Santiago I always recommend this hostel. You should stay here.

Great little hostel located in the Lastarria area, close to the bars and restaurants. Even though enhostel was dated, it was spotlessly clean. Our private double room looked onto an internal courtyard area which meant that it was nice and quiet. The breakfast each morning was good as well.

We had a private ensuite room. We stayed for 3 days. Unfortunately the flusher broke on day 2 and they did not fix it yet we had paid more for this extra. Bed was rock hard too - tough if you are used to a softer mattress. Stay: March 2015

I had a great time in the Hostal Forestal ! Nice place, really well located in the very center of Santiago, you are close to everything. The staff is so sweet and helpful, rooms are comfy, and havong your coffee in the little patio is the best ! Also wifi works perfectly (which is not the case in every hostel). Thank you Hostal Forestal, I'll be back !

Great place to stay. Very comfortable to live and people are super friendly Recommended!

• 14th Mar 2015