Hostal Forestal Reviews

Coronel Santiago Bueras 122, Barrio Lastarria, Santiago, Chile

Really liked it here. Not always hot water but nice staff. It was kinda quite when I was there so a good place to relax.

Really nice hostel, helpfull stuff, good ideas for tours and a clean kitchen with everything you need. At my last day there was free Terremoto (typical drink of Chile) as much as you wanted. Sadly I had to leave that night. For a good stay in Santiago: go to Hostal Forrestal.

Perfect location! Nice double room though they should consider having a trash can in it. No hot water at first but the misunderstanding was sorted out the morning after. Very nice breakfast!

• 3rd Apr 2015

I used to live in Santiago. This hostel is located in the center of everything a typical tourist wants to see. The place is very clean and the breakfast is great. Anytime a friend goes to Santiago I always recommend this hostel. You should stay here.

Great little hostel located in the Lastarria area, close to the bars and restaurants. Even though enhostel was dated, it was spotlessly clean. Our private double room looked onto an internal courtyard area which meant that it was nice and quiet. The breakfast each morning was good as well.

We had a private ensuite room. We stayed for 3 days. Unfortunately the flusher broke on day 2 and they did not fix it yet we had paid more for this extra. Bed was rock hard too - tough if you are used to a softer mattress. Stay: March 2015

I had a great time in the Hostal Forestal ! Nice place, really well located in the very center of Santiago, you are close to everything. The staff is so sweet and helpful, rooms are comfy, and havong your coffee in the little patio is the best ! Also wifi works perfectly (which is not the case in every hostel). Thank you Hostal Forestal, I'll be back !

Great place to stay. Very comfortable to live and people are super friendly Recommended!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Good hostel in a good location with lots of space and different places to hang out to suit your needs.

It was a very good place over all. I just recommended it to couple of my friends and I am planning on returning next year.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Haiti

I think there should be more hostel-run activities throughout the week.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Israel

Very clean! And your staff is really really friendly and open minded!

• 20th Feb 2015

hot water in the showers is pretty bad.

• 12th Feb 2015

Very nice

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Great Location, great staff.

Perfect location for spending a few days exploring the city, staff are chilled, felt very welcome, upstairs TV room is a great place to chill (and write this review). Just brace yourself for the cold power-showers ;-)

Not the nicest hostel, but the location was amazing. Great breakfast as well. Common areas were a bit cramped.

The hostel is fine. It is in a great location but the facilities are pretty bad. The showers are cold and super weak and the wifi is slow. Some of the staff is great and really helpful, others seem not to know anything about the city or don't have any interest in helping you. They do organize a lot of events though. I would stay someplace else next time I'm in Santiago

• 5th Jan 2015

I made a reservation for two people but once we arrive they only had mine. We would have the first night and then leave for another hostel and then back to two nights there. we wait from 11 to 17 pm for the room, they were riding beds and paiting walls. Strong smellThe noise at night is not controled for the management because guests talking higher at entrance and and windown of the room. The staff was not caring, not apologized for the inconvenience and made us feel as if it were our fault.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Very mixed bag. It's a very average hostel that feels very much like a hostel, everything is cheap, shower was broken, hot water was sketchy at best, noisy etc. on the other hand it's a winner of a location and staff were really helpful and nice. So for a short stay to see Santiago it's maybe an option due to the location. Other than that our complaints aren't earth shattering, it's just a bit average.