Hostal Giraldilla

Very Good 251 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
19th May 2017
4.9

This was the worse hostel I stayed in in Spain. The building is historic with an attempt to lighten the ambience with items of decor. I booked as a solo traveller but was charged for two beds....my fault for not checking the booking properly. 4% loading for credit/debit cards. Air conditioning at 5 euros per day extra, the ensuite bathroom was down the hall and was so small it was difficult to turn around without stepping into the shower basin, the noise from the street was horrendous. MORE

• Fishmonger
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
12th May 2017
4.0

True score is 0. It's a sign of the moral bankruptcy of the times that someone could be charged to be accommodated in such a space. My horrid room was on the ground floor between the reception and the street. The noise was ceaseless and unbearable, there was no privacy, as reception could hear everything I was doing in my room, and by opening the window and / or curtain the whole world could see me in my room from the street. The room was dark, depressing and cramped, it was a relief to leave.

13th Mar 2017

Great value, pretty good location. Very clean and friendly. Very comfortable bed. Shower needed some work - broken shower head and hot water ran out in morning, so I showered in evenings. Overall I'd stay there again despite minor problems.

• Chile, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

Muy Buena ubicación. Las habitaciones son bastante frías en la época de invierno. Durante las noches se puedes escuchar los ruidos de otras habitaciones.

19th Jan 2017

Easy location to all major sightseeing, safe and secure. Bus from airport, short walk to Giraldilla even with luggage.Staff always helpful and rooms comfortable. You do need to eat out but plenty of cafes close by.

• England, Couple, 31-40
19th Jan 2017

The staff were amazing! Very friendly and so accommodating. Arranged a very early taxi for us to the airport. They helped with giving us ideas of things to do, places to eat, sites to visit etc. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The location was ideal, very Central and easily accessible to main spots and sites of interest. We will definitely visit again and will recommend it to friends and family!

• England, Couple, 31-40
19th Jan 2017

We really liked our stay in Giraldilla,.The room was clean, well decorated and bed confortable. Location is great too; walking distance to Giralda. Staff was friendly during check in and check out, they allowed us to keep my luggage there for a few hours.

24th Dec 2016
6.9

It´'s a old hostel, good just for one night. Was a personal toilet pbut it was not in the same room. The shower was really small and the was easy to listen your neighbors.

16th Dec 2016
2.6

Total dive! Do not stay here! The room smelled and the bed was so dirty that I sleep in my clothes on top of the sheets of the bed to avoid catching anything. Didn't see any bed bugs, but I wasn't taking any chances. Staff seemed nice enough and spoke a bit of English, but that was the only pro. They also asked to keep my keys whenever I left the hostel because 'There is 24 hr reception'. This weirded me out and I did not feel comfortable keeping my valuables there, so I had to carry them around

dear guest we have guests from EEUU and from hostelworld for more than 7 years ago. We have never had any problems with anyone. The key is left in the guesthouse for your own safety. I think you're one of the most stranger clients we've ever had.