Hostal Guatefriends

Superb 117 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 117 Total Reviews

15th Jul 2017

I had a good time there. The owners of the hostel were so nice and friendly. The place is clean, and is just right next to the airport. I definitely recommend it.

• travelmassey
  • England, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2017

Really quiet, family run b&b style. Can walk to the airport and restaurants in 10mins. They offered to drive us to Antigua which was very handy. Perfect for a short stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Jun 2017

Super cute family style B&B. Very convenient with the free airport transfer. I got there the afternoon before my early flight and it was great to be able to have dinner there so I didn't have to worry about going out into Guatemala City alone (as a young female). The airport transfer was super quick and easy!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th May 2017

Close to the airport, with free pickup which is exactly what we wanted. A bit pricey for Guatemala, but the airport pickup made it worth it. Overall, clean and safe for Guatemala City.

6th May 2017

My group visited Guatemala this past spring, kind of on a whim, and we searched all sorts of options for places to stay from hotels to AirBnB, but this hostel had everything we were looking for! Hostel is very close to the airport and within walking distance to the zoo, museums and central square, and the owner and her whole family were so welcoming and friendly, even helped us find food that delivered late at night when we were starving after coming back from Antigua! Highly recommended!

21st Apr 2017

Great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport. The owner is very accommodating and offers free pick up from the airport. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Shortcircuit24
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Had an early morning flight (6am), And didn't want to risk a night taxi from Antigua, so I booked a night here. Very safe, affordable, and clean. I would have liked to been able to go out and have some drinks on me last night, but that's more of a preference than a complaint. If your need a safe place to stay either flying into or out of Guatemala City, I would recommend this hostel!

24th Mar 2017

I had a really nice time at Hostal Guatefriends. My room and bed were clean, and the staff were really friendly. You'll get a home made breakfast every morning according to your order, and there's a nice terrace to lounge and chill. It's about a 12 minute walk from the airport, and there's a local bus (#83) which will take you from the doorstep of the hostel to the historical center of Guatemala City for only 1Q each way (that's about 15 cents US....)