Hostal Intiquilla Reviews

Las Orquideas s/n, Aymuraypa Tikan 109, Machu Picchu, Peru

The worst. The front desk staff was very rude and talked bad about us to the other staff member in Spanish assuming we didn't understand. No sleep was had due to a concert and very thin walls. Wifi only in lobby, no hot water. They didn't have my booking. I showed her my printed conformation to which she mumbled some nasty words in Spanish. booked two rooms with a double bed in each and she kept trying to make us take one room with 2 beds, for same price. No Way!!!

• 1st Oct 2014

Clean, hot water, good breakfast at almost any time you request (they serve as early as 4:30a for those heading to Machu Picchu). It's pretty bare bones though, so If you're looking to be pampered after a long hike, you might want to check out another place. Currently construction outside the window, room's window did not lock and was easily accessible from street so ask for a room that is not #19. Again, if you're just back from a long trek consider staying elsewhere if you're short on patience

• 28th Aug 2014

It was safe and had hot shower but no toilet paper. The walls had mildew painted over. I could smell the mildew the whole time

I paid 255.5 soles for a far better hostel (ecopackers) in cusco for 8 nights. This cost 50 soles per person for one night in a double room with ensuite. The staff were very loud shouting at all hours including midnight. It's clean and there is wifi but in terms if value for money I wouldn't stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2014