Hostal Jacaranda & Home Reviews

Almirante Montt 327, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

We had a nice comfortable room and the staff were friendly. The kitchen is good for cooking in. However, this hostel is really small and it lacks communal space- there is just one small sitting room. Also there is no computer for guests to use, which is diappointing.

Gerardo who ran the hostel is an excellent guy, very helpful and kind. By way of example, I was not charged a missed night due to heavy snowfall at the Argentinian/Chile impeding my crossing. The second night I was upgraded to a single room with bathroom from a dorm bed at no additional charge. What kindness ! The hostel is very homely and one of the best during my 10 week backpacking journey. I would definitely stay here again.

My stay in the hostal was excellent. After arriving, I got a map and really helpful introduction of the cities by one of the owners. The bathrooms, kitchen and dormes are very clean, the atmosphere in the hostal was very enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the location of the hostal! It's perfect since the neighbourhood is the most beautiful of Valparaíso and at night it's only a few minutes walk form the nightlife areas.

• 25th Sep 2014

Brilliant staff in a cool building! As far as we could see this is not an eco-option though, which was disappointing. Plenty of potential for a great atmosphere between the few rooms, which during our stay was really lovely.

I want to say that Christian and Geraldo are two of the most fantastic hosts one can have while travelling. They put me up at their Home and invited me to their bbq. They also provided a fantastic walking route for me to begin exploring Valparaiso. Their Home is charming and full of character (check out their scarecrow in their garden!). Thanks guys.

View all Valparaiso Bed and Breakfasts