Hostal La Casa Toleña Reviews

La Tola Alta E4-13 y Vicente león, Centro Historico, Quito, Ecuador

We really enjoyed our stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was very homely and bed cosy and warm. Would definitely go back if I ever go back to Quito.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Our hosts were very nice and helpful, the hostel has an amazing view from the roof/bar specially at night and is at a walking distance from the historical district. If one doesn't feel like going out at night, there is a chicken place across the street where owned by a family, it is very welcoming and they are very nice. to Buses are down the hill for museums and the other part of Quito. We went back there on our way back to NY..

Casa Toleña was a lovely hostel. It was a bit out of the Centro Historico, but not more than 10 minutes walk. The area was safe enough, even at night. There's a lovely bakery right across the street and tiendas galore in the neighbourhood. The owners are great and very helpful, and the rooftop terrace provides a second to none view of the city. The rooms were clean, although they were extremely noisy due to the proximity of the street: bring earplugs.

Our hosts were very welcoming, the location was very close to the historical center and there was an amazing view from The roof terrace.

A really cool place that surprised us as it was more like a hotel than a hostel. Our two bedroom twin room turned out to be a pretty large room with 4 beds and an ensuite bathroom. The hot water was a little temperamental but when i asked the staff they told me how to get the best out of it. The location is great for sightseeing and you can take a short taxi ride if you want to party. The hostel itself was very quiet but the family that run it were very friendly and the breakfast was good.

I admit that the hostel needs painting.

We only stayed one night, but it served our needs. The beds were very comfy and I had a hot shower but my friend didn't have much for her shower.

The location is a few blocks from the edge of el Centro Historico and less than 15 min to Plaza Grande itself. I waled from Mariscal back to the hostel in about a half hour (don't do this at night). The La Tola neighborhood actually seems pretty safe at night and ther are some great local far restaurants to eat at, and a great little Italian place about five blocks away. Also Los Bandidos microbrew pub is four blocks (new this year). Hot water was adequately warm. Breakfast worthwhile.

Great location for exploring the historic part of town (though not near too many restaurants or bars), and friendly helpful staff. The breakfast (not included) is very filling. The rooftop patio area is fantastic, and has great views over Quito. Our only complaint is that the hot water was a bit sporadic during our stay.

The staff is very nice

Staff is wonderful. Fantastic filling breakfast for $3. Rooms were spacious. Comfy beds!

Wifi dont work in the rooms. Concrete walls I guess. Nice little lounge area on the top. Nice hosts and helpful. Location not really near anything but taxi is so cheap you can get around the city fairly quickly and cheap.

We chose this hostel due to the good reviews however our experience was one of the worst experiences in our 6months travelling in SA. There's a weird atmosphere downstairs,a dirty restaurant,no one around to help you or to ask for info. Bathroom smells of sewage. Staff didn't stick to their word with what they had agreed on. Expensive for no breakfast and remember you have to pay an extra 12% tax which I have seen no other hostel do before. The only positives are a comfy bed and a nice terrace.

Have the breakfast- for $3.50 it will keep you going all day!

Fabian and his daughters were incredibly accommodating and friendly. They were a wealth of knowledge for us during our stay in Quito. Their hostel is beautiful, clean, and safe and secure. There is a beautiful glass communal room on the top floor where you can relax with a cold beer, read a book, and take in the views of the city and the surrounding mountains. Wifi was good. It really was the staff that made our experience. Thanks again for all your help!

This family run hostel was super cute, walking distance to cheap food, restaurants, and all the lovely things that old town can bring you. It's a cheap cab to all the all clubs and bars. I found old town was better to be staying in to walk around during the day. The hosts were very nice and friendly and even drove my friend and I to the airport after our stay. Breakfast was only 3.50$ and was huge! There's a beautiful sitting area at the top of the building with an amazing view. Great stay!

• 15th Apr 2014

At first, I booked the hostel for one night, but finally I stayed there for 3 nights. It's a family business therefore, they care for their guests and make them feel like at home. I became a good friend with Carolina (daughter) who is very friendly and helpful. They prepare a huge and delicious breakfast. The hostel is clean and has a nice terrace with an amazing view of the city! The family cares about customers' satisfaction! I enjoyed my stay there!

• 4th Apr 2014