Hostal La Casa Toleña Reviews

La Tola Alta E4-13 y Vicente león, Centro Historico, Quito, Ecuador

The location is a few blocks from the edge of el Centro Historico and less than 15 min to Plaza Grande itself. I waled from Mariscal back to the hostel in about a half hour (don't do this at night). The La Tola neighborhood actually seems pretty safe at night and ther are some great local far restaurants to eat at, and a great little Italian place about five blocks away. Also Los Bandidos microbrew pub is four blocks (new this year). Hot water was adequately warm. Breakfast worthwhile.

Great location for exploring the historic part of town (though not near too many restaurants or bars), and friendly helpful staff. The breakfast (not included) is very filling. The rooftop patio area is fantastic, and has great views over Quito. Our only complaint is that the hot water was a bit sporadic during our stay.

The staff is very nice

Staff is wonderful. Fantastic filling breakfast for $3. Rooms were spacious. Comfy beds!

Wifi dont work in the rooms. Concrete walls I guess. Nice little lounge area on the top. Nice hosts and helpful. Location not really near anything but taxi is so cheap you can get around the city fairly quickly and cheap.

We chose this hostel due to the good reviews however our experience was one of the worst experiences in our 6months travelling in SA. There's a weird atmosphere downstairs,a dirty restaurant,no one around to help you or to ask for info. Bathroom smells of sewage. Staff didn't stick to their word with what they had agreed on. Expensive for no breakfast and remember you have to pay an extra 12% tax which I have seen no other hostel do before. The only positives are a comfy bed and a nice terrace.

Have the breakfast- for $3.50 it will keep you going all day!

Fabian and his daughters were incredibly accommodating and friendly. They were a wealth of knowledge for us during our stay in Quito. Their hostel is beautiful, clean, and safe and secure. There is a beautiful glass communal room on the top floor where you can relax with a cold beer, read a book, and take in the views of the city and the surrounding mountains. Wifi was good. It really was the staff that made our experience. Thanks again for all your help!

This family run hostel was super cute, walking distance to cheap food, restaurants, and all the lovely things that old town can bring you. It's a cheap cab to all the all clubs and bars. I found old town was better to be staying in to walk around during the day. The hosts were very nice and friendly and even drove my friend and I to the airport after our stay. Breakfast was only 3.50$ and was huge! There's a beautiful sitting area at the top of the building with an amazing view. Great stay!

• 15th Apr 2014

At first, I booked the hostel for one night, but finally I stayed there for 3 nights. It's a family business therefore, they care for their guests and make them feel like at home. I became a good friend with Carolina (daughter) who is very friendly and helpful. They prepare a huge and delicious breakfast. The hostel is clean and has a nice terrace with an amazing view of the city! The family cares about customers' satisfaction! I enjoyed my stay there!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Casa Tolena was a great place to stay. It's about four blocks from the Centro Historico, which has La Ronda, La Basilica and many other landmarks. It's also about three blocks from a bus station for the blue line that goes to the north terminal, and the red line that goes to Mescal. The staff, especially Carolina, were extremely helpful, and they offer one of the best breakfasts in Quito! It's not included, but it's definitely worth buying.

• 28th Mar 2014

Kristina and I enjoyed our stay at your place very much. The rooms were always clean and the facilities were perfect. We felt right at home at Hostal La Casa Tolena. The breakfast was well worth the extra money and the rooftop deck has amazing views of the city. The airport transfer was perfect too! Everything about your hostel was perfect. If anyone is going to Quito, you have to stay here!

We enjoyed staying at this hostel - we even extended our stay! Staff is great and helpfull! They even brought us back to the airport for a fair price and gave us a little site seeing tour! Tea, coffee and water for free. Great view and coozy bar on top of the hostel! Great location to explore the old town and hop on the buses (2 minutes by foot!) The only minus is the noice from the street (buses and local shops with loud music) But besides that, we recommend this coozy hostel!

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts