Hostal La Finca Culturas Unidas Reviews

Vereda Los Cedros, San Jerónimo, Medellin, Colombia

Having initially planned to stay at Hostal La Finca for a brief post Medellin detox, I ended up volunteering for a few weeks as I enjoyed being there so much. The stunning rural location gives the hostel an authentic Colombian feel, and the hosts, Tilde and Alexis, are two of the most friendly and charismatic people you'll meet on the road. The atmosphere is super relaxed, though things often pick up at weekends, and there are plenty of scenic mountain hikes and cascades to visit to keep busy

great place, recommended to me by fellow backpackers stayed a few days more than expected so glad i made the 1 hour journey out of the city, to the mountains and lush countryside, experienced a magical Firework display...lol crazy electrical thunderstorm, Alexis is a purely natural organic fresh food master chef, especially with the herb garden, Matilda has an infectious cartoon character laugh, huge pool was nice

I stayed one night at la finca as a break from the city after hearing about it from a friend. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the setting was beautiful and alexis the owner helped me out by suggesting some walks and places to visit nearby. Super helpful and relaxing.

• 8th Oct 2015

hey emily, thanks so much for your comment, we´re happy you enjoyed your stay here - it´s been great to have you around! we wish you always safe & happy travels! :)

Spent five days at La Finca and loved every minute of it. I almost volunteered to work there II loved it so much. The location is beautiful, the place is nice and clean, the vibe is mellow, and the staff is awesome. Mathilde and Alexis are around all the time to help, talk, and hang out when they aren't busy. The perfect place for a backpacker to escape Medellin and experience some authentic Colombian country vibes only an hour and a half from the city. You will not regret going here, guaranteed

thanks so much for your comment! we´re happy you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again here or somewhere else!! :) always safe & happy travels!!

Is the ideal place to relax, the venue is absolutely superb plenty of green and stunning views. Alexis and Mathilde were fantastic host, preparing delicious meals using local products very yummy...... Totally worth the visit!!!!!!!!!!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

thanks so much for your comment, andres!! we´re happy you enjoyed your stay with us! come back soon!! :)

Amazing and gracious hosts in a beautiful, serene setting! A short trip from the bustle of Medellin brings you to the wonderful Hostal La Finca Culturas Unidas. I did not want to leave! Matilde and Alexis are two of the happiest, kindest souls I have ever met, and I plan on returning whenever I visit Colombia.

• 22nd Sep 2015

thanks so miuch for your comment, meagan - can just give back the compliment and hope to welcome you back here soon!

Amazing place!! Great atmosphere, lovely people, beautiful scenery! It exceeded my expectations in every aspect. Don't miss out on one of Colombia's special places!

thanks so much, robi!! we can´t wait for the day you come back! :)

What a magic place! Came here to escape the hustle and bustle of Medellin city and spent my time relaxing by the pool, exploring the cascades, riding horses and hiking the mountains during the day. By night we would enjoy some beers, watch the sun go down and have epic card game battles! It is only an hour and half off the track which is exactly what i wanted. The tranquility and calmness that you feel once you get here is totally worth the short bus ride and an adventure in a cute tuk tuk.

robbie! thanks for your comment and make sure to come back - it´s been lovely to have you here!!