Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

The hostel has an excellent location just 5 minutes walk from La Ronda. It`s on a dead end street and therefore has no traffic noise during the night, but occasionally some drunk people may pass by. Being in Quito during the low season there were not many people at the hostel. Only one employee seems to be in charge of everything, day and night. He was pleasant and helpful.

Room locker was broken, and they didn't provide a new one! common bathroom wasn't very clean. We couldn't pay our room until the end because the guy at reception didn't have a coin to give us change! There was no hanger at the room and sheets weren't very clean.

Very central located (close to La Ronda) but also very quit. My room was very comfortable and clean. Yes the bathroom is tiny but that is no problem. The staff speaks mostly spanish that was the only negative point from my point of view because I hardly speak spanish.

The staff was terrible. He was very hard to communicate with, and the only thing we asked of him was to call a taxi for 7:30 am the next day. Which he didn't do. The first night there was some sort of party down the street and music blared until 1 am. The walls are so thin that you can hear absolutely everything. Location is super sketchy, we heard someone staying at the hostel got robbed a block away. Also, upon check out he tried to charge us $44 even though we only owed $36.

The hostel is an ancient colonial place. I wished the owner took care of the maintenance. The old colonial style will attrtact visitors provided the owner takes care. The kitchen is dirty and need maintenace. Overall the owner is very friendly and helpful. He arranged for airport pickup. Still I would come back and stay as I am planning another trip to Quito. I hope he pays more attention to the maintenace of the kitchen and the hostel.

a very nice hostel with very nice and helpful staff, but bring your sleeping bag it gets pretty cold. the kitchen is fine, nice common rooms too, just very far from the tourist party scene, therefore more original in the beautiful old town of quito. stores and anything else close by. we recommend it if you are more interested in culture than in party :)

I really enjoyed staying here. The staff were very helpful, which was nice because I spent my first two nights in South America here. I had a room with a private bath, but the hot water did not work, so I had to shower upstairs. It wasn't a big deal, but they apologized profusely and gave me a discount. The only drawback is that is in a historic building in Quito, so the building itself was noisy as well as outside noise being audible. This would not deter me from staying there again though.

No on spoke english so we struggled a little. Kitchen was small. Clean rooms, private bathroom tiny shower was cold. Hostel was nearly empty when we were there. Location really good for some popular streets. We enjoyed our time here.

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts