Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

I sincerely wish that I could leave a more favorable review. However, my group of weary travelers arrived to find that (although we had 3 separate rooms reserved, the staff had given all the rooms away and could only offer us space in a dorm room. We were so tired that we decided to stay anyway, but we were then further upset when the staff actually attempted to charge us a rate higher than what we would have paid for separate rooms with private baths! The hotel would have been lovely otherwise.

staff are very helpful. great spot near la ronda. had a great stay

As I was not actually able to stay at ths hostel, the categories marked as average are only in response because they are mandatory. My reservation was not honoured, and my deposit only partially refunded. I was referred to a substandard property. I have contacted HW customer service in regard to this and I am not satisfied with the response below: ´ Property was overbooked but they refund the deposit when the customer arrived and helped him to find another accommodation.´

Really lovely hostel, we ended up staying twice. A friend I was with had her luggage lost whilst flying to Quito and the staff at the hostel were great and really tried to help, speaking to the airlines and letting us use their phone. The rooms are huge and very clean. Location is great, right next to La Ronda where there are lots of restaurants etc. Would definitely recommend!

When we arrived the owner/manager had given our room to someone else, which considering we had paid a deposit I thought was unfair. He found us another room and we swapped the next day, but it was still inconvenient. It was clean and we had hot water. Breakfast was an extra two dollars but it was nice, although repetitive. Facilities weren't fantastic but acceptable. Wifi only worked in the communal area.

Lovely quiet place directly at la Ronda, perfect for some cheap eats around with the locals. Good beds and an amazing view from the upstairs terrace.

Overall it was good. It's a very very quiet hostel, mostly elderly people or couples staying here. Not much atmosphere if you're a young person and want to meet people and socialise. Staff were okay, I didn't have much reason to ask of anything. Facilities were okay. The hostel itself is lovely, clean big rooms, plenty of blankets on the bed because it's an big building and does get cold. Overall I'd recommend it, very reasonably priced, but it's not a place to come if you're looking to party.

The Location is right in the middle of the Historic area of Quito making access to the key landmarks very easy. As its in the centre of the Historic area expect noise or ask for a room at the back of the Hostal. The staff were great and really went out of their way to help us.

I liked this place, however there weren't many guests when we were here so it's not ideal if you're traveling by yourself and want to get to know people.

I stayed 4 nights at the "Penthouse Room" - the room on top of the hostal, next to the terrace, and I more than loved it! The view was magic with sunrise, bathing sun during the day, sunset and at night. I had the room with 2 big beds for myself for just $ 10,- a night. I would have loved to stay with them longer, I felt super comfortable. The really nice breakfast was only $ 2,-.

We went 4 times to this hostel in Quito. the first 2 were good. But on the 3rd and 4th (on the 4th, we had booked 3 nights, but we left after the 1st one) we were very disappointed. We had booked a double bedroom, they made a mistake given us a twin bed room (a bit sad, as we're on our honeymoon), so we had them write down "cama matrimonial" for the next time, but bad surprise : again, a twin bed room and the guy who was there lied to us (the responsable admit it later)...we don't recommend it.

We LOVED this hostel! It was right in the old historic center (yes not in mariscal). Walking around that area is simply beautiful! The staff is super friendly and you can add a delicious breakfast (including eggs and fruit) for only $2! If I would ever come back to Quite, I would also go back to this family-run hostel!

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts