Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

Breakfast available Monday to Saturday. Easy walking to many restaurants and shops in the evening. A cool hostel, old colonial house. They were very flexible with our room. Great experience, we are staying again on our way back throug Quito

Great price for a single room!

On arrival the staff offered us several rooms fro inspection. For the money the hostel was good value and in an ideal location near to San Domingo Square. The hostel was locked every night and entry was only gained by ringing the doorbell. I would use the hostel again. Breakfast for $2 was not bad either.

• 26th May 2015

I loved this place. Very safe and confortable place for a female solo traveller arriving for the first time in South America. Staff don't have heaps of english but make up for it in willingness to help. Very good value - I stayed in a private room with an ensuite for only $12 a night!! Breakfast good and cheap, good location in the old town, walking distance to most of the old town attractions. Also very very close to the Ronda which is great for bars and restaurants.

Pleasant and fun place to lodge. No complaints. Great staff.

• 6th May 2015

The only problem was booking a double bed room and getting stuck in a room with two separate beds. Other than that, this was a great place in the middle of Old Town. It is close enough to La Ronda to walk (about one block) yet far enough away to have a quiet night. Highly recommend!

I sincerely wish that I could leave a more favorable review. However, my group of weary travelers arrived to find that (although we had 3 separate rooms reserved, the staff had given all the rooms away and could only offer us space in a dorm room. We were so tired that we decided to stay anyway, but we were then further upset when the staff actually attempted to charge us a rate higher than what we would have paid for separate rooms with private baths! The hotel would have been lovely otherwise.

staff are very helpful. great spot near la ronda. had a great stay

As I was not actually able to stay at ths hostel, the categories marked as average are only in response because they are mandatory. My reservation was not honoured, and my deposit only partially refunded. I was referred to a substandard property. I have contacted HW customer service in regard to this and I am not satisfied with the response below: ´ Property was overbooked but they refund the deposit when the customer arrived and helped him to find another accommodation.´

Nice and cozy hostel in the historical city centre.

Really lovely hostel, we ended up staying twice. A friend I was with had her luggage lost whilst flying to Quito and the staff at the hostel were great and really tried to help, speaking to the airlines and letting us use their phone. The rooms are huge and very clean. Location is great, right next to La Ronda where there are lots of restaurants etc. Would definitely recommend!

When we arrived the owner/manager had given our room to someone else, which considering we had paid a deposit I thought was unfair. He found us another room and we swapped the next day, but it was still inconvenient. It was clean and we had hot water. Breakfast was an extra two dollars but it was nice, although repetitive. Facilities weren't fantastic but acceptable. Wifi only worked in the communal area.

Lovely quiet place directly at la Ronda, perfect for some cheap eats around with the locals. Good beds and an amazing view from the upstairs terrace.

Overall it was good. It's a very very quiet hostel, mostly elderly people or couples staying here. Not much atmosphere if you're a young person and want to meet people and socialise. Staff were okay, I didn't have much reason to ask of anything. Facilities were okay. The hostel itself is lovely, clean big rooms, plenty of blankets on the bed because it's an big building and does get cold. Overall I'd recommend it, very reasonably priced, but it's not a place to come if you're looking to party.

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts