Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

were with blankets and a great to have your own room. Close to the trolley, which is only 25¢. Hot water work and wifi was patchy at times.

Our stay was very enjoyable! Jaime, the hostel manager, was very accommodating.

Very good location, within walking distance to the historic center, bus stations, restaurants & shops, fantastic rooftop terrace. The only negative point was that our reservation was lost by the hotel staff and we had to take the room with shared bathroom. That was not of a big problem as the shared bathroom was perfectly clean, but I expected them to hold onto our reservation especially regarding the fact that I asked for a confirmation 4 days in advance and they confirmed the room to me.

Friendly, knowledgeable staff and everything we needed

A good hostel if you are looking to relax in almost compete solidarity. A great kitchen that you are free to use. However, if you are looking for more atmosphere I would stay elsewhere. No bar and we met almost nobody in the hostel. Staff were friendly enough, however, for some reason the hostel lacked atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also in a great location and very inexpensive. I highly recommend this place.

• 12th Aug 2015

Located closely to the grand plaza and providing very good accommodation for little money I liked this place very much! I had a spacious room for myself with two beds a chair and a table. Plus a nice view over Quito from the balcony. And all that for 10 USD a night. My bed was very comfy too. The only downside is that the wifi is pretty unstable and sometimes you can't get a connection. But aside from that, totally recommend it!

Good breakfast and nice staff. Toilet plumbing was pretty poor, but showers were hot. Nice rooftop. Upstairs room that had the window facing the street was incredibly noisy, and we slept terribly (especially on a Friday/Sat night), but the downstairs room we had was great: very dark curtains for sleeping in in the morning, and very quiet.

Very good location just 50 metres from "La Ronda", so safe to walk there at night. Also great value for money and good place to get some sleep. However, really did need more than one fully-contained bathroom, between the whole hostel.

A very friendly hostel with great staff and facilities. The room was clean and the hostel itself was in a great location. I really appreciated that the staff spoke English.

Breakfast available Monday to Saturday. Easy walking to many restaurants and shops in the evening. A cool hostel, old colonial house. They were very flexible with our room. Great experience, we are staying again on our way back throug Quito

Great price for a single room!

On arrival the staff offered us several rooms fro inspection. For the money the hostel was good value and in an ideal location near to San Domingo Square. The hostel was locked every night and entry was only gained by ringing the doorbell. I would use the hostel again. Breakfast for $2 was not bad either.

• 26th May 2015