Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

Really lovely hostel, we ended up staying twice. A friend I was with had her luggage lost whilst flying to Quito and the staff at the hostel were great and really tried to help, speaking to the airlines and letting us use their phone. The rooms are huge and very clean. Location is great, right next to La Ronda where there are lots of restaurants etc. Would definitely recommend!

When we arrived the owner/manager had given our room to someone else, which considering we had paid a deposit I thought was unfair. He found us another room and we swapped the next day, but it was still inconvenient. It was clean and we had hot water. Breakfast was an extra two dollars but it was nice, although repetitive. Facilities weren't fantastic but acceptable. Wifi only worked in the communal area.

Lovely quiet place directly at la Ronda, perfect for some cheap eats around with the locals. Good beds and an amazing view from the upstairs terrace.

Overall it was good. It's a very very quiet hostel, mostly elderly people or couples staying here. Not much atmosphere if you're a young person and want to meet people and socialise. Staff were okay, I didn't have much reason to ask of anything. Facilities were okay. The hostel itself is lovely, clean big rooms, plenty of blankets on the bed because it's an big building and does get cold. Overall I'd recommend it, very reasonably priced, but it's not a place to come if you're looking to party.

The Location is right in the middle of the Historic area of Quito making access to the key landmarks very easy. As its in the centre of the Historic area expect noise or ask for a room at the back of the Hostal. The staff were great and really went out of their way to help us.

I liked this place, however there weren't many guests when we were here so it's not ideal if you're traveling by yourself and want to get to know people.

I stayed 4 nights at the "Penthouse Room" - the room on top of the hostal, next to the terrace, and I more than loved it! The view was magic with sunrise, bathing sun during the day, sunset and at night. I had the room with 2 big beds for myself for just $ 10,- a night. I would have loved to stay with them longer, I felt super comfortable. The really nice breakfast was only $ 2,-.

We LOVED this hostel! It was right in the old historic center (yes not in mariscal). Walking around that area is simply beautiful! The staff is super friendly and you can add a delicious breakfast (including eggs and fruit) for only $2! If I would ever come back to Quite, I would also go back to this family-run hostel!

The hostel is located in one of the side streets of la Ronda, a street that comes alive on Thursday-Saturday evenings with live music in the bars, loads of restaurants, handicraft stalls and a lot of locals enjoying themselves. It is also a 1 min walk from a bakery (think breakfast) and opposite a laundry. A trolley bus is within 7 min walk, and can take you to other parts of the town, but beware of pickpockets, especially when the buses are crowded. Clean rooms, hot water and caring host!

Clean dn friednly staff. the computer didnt work and wiofi signal was poor however.

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts