Hostal La Posada Colonial Reviews

Paredes S1-49 y Rocafuerte, Quito, Ecuador

Very good location just 50 metres from "La Ronda", so safe to walk there at night. Also great value for money and good place to get some sleep. However, really did need more than one fully-contained bathroom, between the whole hostel.

A very friendly hostel with great staff and facilities. The room was clean and the hostel itself was in a great location. I really appreciated that the staff spoke English.

Breakfast available Monday to Saturday. Easy walking to many restaurants and shops in the evening. A cool hostel, old colonial house. They were very flexible with our room. Great experience, we are staying again on our way back throug Quito

Great price for a single room!

On arrival the staff offered us several rooms fro inspection. For the money the hostel was good value and in an ideal location near to San Domingo Square. The hostel was locked every night and entry was only gained by ringing the doorbell. I would use the hostel again. Breakfast for $2 was not bad either.

• 26th May 2015

I loved this place. Very safe and confortable place for a female solo traveller arriving for the first time in South America. Staff don't have heaps of english but make up for it in willingness to help. Very good value - I stayed in a private room with an ensuite for only $12 a night!! Breakfast good and cheap, good location in the old town, walking distance to most of the old town attractions. Also very very close to the Ronda which is great for bars and restaurants.

Pleasant and fun place to lodge. No complaints. Great staff.

• 6th May 2015

The only problem was booking a double bed room and getting stuck in a room with two separate beds. Other than that, this was a great place in the middle of Old Town. It is close enough to La Ronda to walk (about one block) yet far enough away to have a quiet night. Highly recommend!

I sincerely wish that I could leave a more favorable review. However, my group of weary travelers arrived to find that (although we had 3 separate rooms reserved, the staff had given all the rooms away and could only offer us space in a dorm room. We were so tired that we decided to stay anyway, but we were then further upset when the staff actually attempted to charge us a rate higher than what we would have paid for separate rooms with private baths! The hotel would have been lovely otherwise.

staff are very helpful. great spot near la ronda. had a great stay

As I was not actually able to stay at ths hostel, the categories marked as average are only in response because they are mandatory. My reservation was not honoured, and my deposit only partially refunded. I was referred to a substandard property. I have contacted HW customer service in regard to this and I am not satisfied with the response below: ´ Property was overbooked but they refund the deposit when the customer arrived and helped him to find another accommodation.´

Nice and cozy hostel in the historical city centre.

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts