Hostal Lagunitas Reviews

Calle Quell�n N�9, Puerto Montt, Chile

Staff are nice, room is clean, bed comfy and private bathroom is good. Nice sun room on top floor with views of the volcano and mountains. About 20 min walk to Downtown down a hill, there are collectivos very close though. Breakfast is simple - tea, coffee (instant) bread and jams, cheese or ham.

The staff were incredibly accommodating to us. They went above and beyond what was expected to make sure our stay was pleasant. There was a slight language barrier, as we spoke minimal Spanish, but the manager of the hostel worked very diligently to help us with all plans for the city and was incredibly helpful getting us to our next destination.

I made a booking here as I had to catch a flight early the next morning. When I got to the guesthouse, which was quite far from the town centre in the suburbs, the lady didn't have my booking & was most unhelpful. I had emailed in advance for better directions but didn't get a reply. I have poor Spanish & the lady there didn't have any English & didn't even have a computer. I showed her my confirmation email but she had no space left. Thankfully a neighbouring guesthouse owner came to the rescue

Unhapply, we had troubles at the payment. Although hostelworld fixed a price, at the arrival we have been charged almost twice that price. We do not know what happened, but the donor insisted in charge us by the price he had in his appointments and did not followed hostalworld prices.

We definitely didn't like our experience in this hotel. It is far from the center (impossible to go out without taking a taxi), in a neighbourhood that didn't seem very safe. The atmosphere was sad, the room didn't even have a window! Worst, we didn't get what we had reserved for : there were not 3 beds but 1 bed for 2 persons and an other single place bed. All for three times the price for which we had booked!! I didn't recommand to stop here.

You shall take into account that public transportation is mandatory to get here unless you want to climb three big hills but there are a lot of ways and options that you can take frequently from the center, port and bus station

A nice hostel, but up the hill from the main town. Means a "collectivo" taxi ride each way. Vey clean room, bath and hostel in general. No engilsh spoken. No kitchen use. Stayed only one night instead of 2, but not because of of the hostel or room. We didn't see much reason to stay in Puerto Montt any more.

The hostel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly; they always were willing to help us with directions, calling for taxis, etc. The stay came with an alright breakfast of bread and jam, nothing too exciting but better than nothing. The only thing that I wasn't too fond of was the location. It's too far away from the ocean and main streets of Puerto Montt to walk so we always had to rely on taxis or colectivos. In general, very good stay. Would recommend to others!

• 26th Nov 2012