Hostal Laskar Reviews

Las Parinas 478, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

The staff at Hostal Laskar are super friendly and were really, really helpful getting me internet access when I urgently needed it and it appeared to be down in all of San Pedro! When they didn't have space for me for a second (unbooked) night they rang nearby hostels to make sure I had a couple of options to choose from. The hostel is equidistant from the centre of town and the bus station, so is in a good location for getting around too.

Very nice stay. The only thing that annoyed a little bit was the shower, it sometimes stop suddenly the hot water. In the other hand, it was very good place, the staff is very helpful and has good location.

I guess it was not what expected as credit card payment was not allowed. Internet failed during our stay and comparing to other experiences staff was not that friendly.

The hostel was okay (comfortable beds and hot showers). Though wifi didn't work for around three days and the personnel changed everyday, so they never really knew who was staying at the hostel and who wasn't. We lost a tour because apparentely they didn't know we were staying at the hostel (so thumbs down for that).

The outdoor area with tables, benches, and hammocks was really great!

Overall good hostal! Pros: Beds were really comfy, bathrooms were clean, the terrace is really great and one of the best kitchens i have seen so far! Cons: only 2 bathrooms in total and the lockers were to small to store your backpack (it only fit my daypack)

• 31st May 2015

Really nice hostel. Great location, 5 mins walk to the centre. Nice staff. Really cool outside area with hammocks. Great vibe as everyone is going or coming from the salt flats and gives advice. Beds are made each day. Downsides are No breakie and only 2 bathrooms for most of the rooms. Would recommend

No breakfast. Shower ok (hot water). Clean. Locker, but outside, so warm o cold. Rooms are big, good bed. Quiet, walking distance from the center. Really nice relaxing area outside.

The hostel should have a bar, or at least an area where people can stay to drink a beer and talk. The way it is organized now, everyone is forced to go to bed at midnight no matter what (and there are no bars near).

Great hostel, nice staff good value for money. Toilet/bathroom facilities could be better.

• 11th May 2015

Good place to stay!

Staff friendly. 6 bed dorm is a bit too small. A big sunny yard to relax. Only two bathrooms to share between 2 or 3 ? dorms. I felt one independent toilet and basin was needed. Shower turned cold if another shower or hot water in the kitchen was being used.

There was very little space to put my suitcase as I was in an upper bunk. Also I have been in hostels that allow you to lock up your entire suitcases, which is nice especially since I was staying in a front room by the main door. It also always seemed like someone was in the bathroom.

• 1st May 2015

Great hostel just a little out of the centre of town. Fantastic staff, very helpful with everything. The hostel has a cool outdoor area and a big kitchen. A nice small hostel so it feels like home. Thanks Angiel & staff for all your help :)

Nice hostel, close to the markets, 3 convience stores within 50 meters, overall plesent stay :)

Nice place to stay, friendly staff, fully-equipped kitchen, really nice huge patio area && i liked the fire pit at night(: thanks so much!!

The staff are so friendly and helpful!

• 14th Apr 2015

The staff are fantastic! Nathan helped my boyfriend and I book bus tickets while Angie helped me with my Spanish! So approachable and always willing to help. The room was great and really clean. Kitchen was fine to cook in! Nice social area to relax in. Good location, only a few minutes walk to the centre and bus station. I would highly recommend the hostel and would happily stay here again.

Nice and cozy hostel with a bonfire at night. Friendly staff, definitely recommend it!

+ Located pretty close to centre of town (only 2min on foot). Atacama is definitely worth a visit. - Room was not cleaned during 1 out of 2 days we stayed there (you kindda expect some cleanliness for what you pay!). Staff is pretty unhelpful; they did not confirm our transfer although we insisted on it, there was nobody at reception but receptionist was wandering around the hostel when we had to check out (waited 45min and finally had to auto-check out!). Way too basic for EUR60/night!

« first « Prev 1 2 3