Hostal Laskar Reviews

Las Parinas 478, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Nice hostel, close to the markets, 3 convience stores within 50 meters, overall plesent stay :)

Nice place to stay, friendly staff, fully-equipped kitchen, really nice huge patio area && i liked the fire pit at night(: thanks so much!!

The staff are fantastic! Nathan helped my boyfriend and I book bus tickets while Angie helped me with my Spanish! So approachable and always willing to help. The room was great and really clean. Kitchen was fine to cook in! Nice social area to relax in. Good location, only a few minutes walk to the centre and bus station. I would highly recommend the hostel and would happily stay here again.

+ Located pretty close to centre of town (only 2min on foot). Atacama is definitely worth a visit. - Room was not cleaned during 1 out of 2 days we stayed there (you kindda expect some cleanliness for what you pay!). Staff is pretty unhelpful; they did not confirm our transfer although we insisted on it, there was nobody at reception but receptionist was wandering around the hostel when we had to check out (waited 45min and finally had to auto-check out!). Way too basic for EUR60/night!

Expensive. Nice kitchen, lovely area out the back to hang out and the dorms were clean. Staff helpful, I'd stay there again

it was amazing!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Chile

Very helpful and friendly staff! The hostel is located a couple minutes from the main part of town and most tours can be booked through the hostel. They don't offer a breakfast, but they do have a kitchen and food from the town is extremely cheap. There are areas inside to sit as well as a courtyard with hammocks.

A good value for money hostel not too far from town (5 min walk to main square). Lovely staff with a lot of knowledge and able to help with all tour bookings. Great, sunny, internal courtyard perfect for topping up the tan.

Best: great shower Worst: no breakfast V nice place in san pedro, clean and friendly. Great back courtyard with heaps of space and nice vibe.

Very nice hostel with friendly staff who are happy to help book tours for you. Only a 5 min walk from the centre. The hostel courtyard is very nice.

Very nice hostel in San Pedro for a good price. Much better than other hostels in this town

Good hostel, nice common area, directions are pretty confusing but location is good, easy walk to town centre.

Ok hostel with a cool courtyard for hanging out and a good kitchen if you want to cook and try and save a few buck's, cos San Pedro is expensive, yo. Dorm rooms closest to the street are crazy hot at night - you need to sleep (if possible) with the door and window to the room open, which isnt ideal.

This hostel TWICE sold me a room, then put me in a crappy, empty hostel down the road where I was all by myself and did not feel safe. The first time I booked over this website, turned up at the hostel and was told that they have no space so I had to go to the other place. It was late at night so I had little choice but I did not like it. I booked with them in person for the second time and they tried it AGAIN. When I said no the guy at reception got angry. DO NOT GO, ESPECIALLY NOT AS A WOMAN!

The kitchen was dirty, full of flies flying around. The mixed bedroom had very little space to drop the suitcases, and since it was little, it was very hot. The location is not that far from the center because San Pedro is tiny, but you have to pass over a "fly market" to get to it, and at night it was lonely and seemed dangerous, especially for women. The pictures of the hostel are very different from the reality. Altought, at night there is a bonfire, which is nice to gather around at.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Chile

We really enjoyed our time here. Loved the fire out the back. Bit of a walk from the center of town but well worth it. San Pedro is an expensive town but 1 which we would have loved to have spent more time here with the crew from Hostel Laskar.

We really enjoyed our stay there and extended from 3 to 5 nights! Great atmosphere with evening fire! The staff was very friendly and helpful with booking the tours for us. The room was clean and big enough. Thanks Natan and team, we will definietely recommend you!

5 minute walk from the town centre, some of the staff are very friendly and helpful, others were not sure much. The wifi is decent. The kitchen was also good with enough equipment. The common area was nice and the beds were comfortable and clean. The shared bathrooms got fairly dirty at times.

The hostel was okay. Lack of air con made the rooms stuffy at night. Too many flies in San Pedro in general and they definitely don't avoid the hostels! I was in one of the rooms close to reception and it was hard to sleep with people arriving/departing at all hours for excursions and the people talking at the front desk. Also tricky to find. There are no road signs from the bus station so print a map or something before arriving!

Generally good location - walking distance of 10 min to the centre of San Pedro. Staff is attentive and friendly. Unfortunately the dormitories are close to reception - very loud until night, small and the heat stuck as well during the night. But we had a god time anyway......

« first « Prev 1 2 3