Hostal Layetana Reviews

Plaza Ramon Berenguer el Gran 2; 1º 1ª, Barcelona, Spain

No hot water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --> they just told us that the water heater is broken and that will be no hot water for at least 2 days but we were there 5 days and it was still no warm water. It is recommended that you just ask before your arrival if they have warm water or not to avoid some negative surprises. Very good location at the Gothic Quarter.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

The view was beautiful but the toilet (couldn't flush and no water), shower (only icecold water) and heater weren't working. The staff only spoke Spanish. We stayed 1 night instead of 3 and booked another hostel.

• 1st Mar 2014

no hot water, no heating, filthy bedding - this is what I found there. the only advantage is location, but it's not enough

Decent and simple hostel, on a perfect LOCATION! Breakfast is simple but ok, stuff is normally nice, room is pretty decent... We had a small problem with the HOT WATER on the bathroom, but hostel stuff offered us one free night for the inconvenient. Also, don't expect your room/bathroom to be cleaned everyday.

You get what you pay for with hostel. I booked a deal and paid just 20€ per night over New Years to stay right in the centre of Barcelona in my own room, an unbeatable price! The room was basic but quiet and was sufficient although the bed was uncomfortable. Definitely not the cleanest hostel and only one staff member seemed to speak English but 20€ per night you can't complain! If you're are on a budget and still want your own space I would recommend staying here.

Before I book in this hostel, I was worried about the hot water but there was hot water during my stay. Except this, it was really nice to stay in Barri Gotic, next to Barcelona Cathedral and Roman Walls. It is also very close to La Rambla and metro. Breakfast was basic but nice, Staff were really nice and I would definitely recommend this hostel. For me, it was perfect with respect to what i paid!

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

lovely location and friendly staff. A couple of suggestion: there are new beds, so they can change the mattress too. The windows must be renew....

• 22nd Nov 2013

Very basic accommodation but in a great location. If you can, try to get a room with a window to the outside instead of to the internal courtyard like I had - very dark! Everything was fine but the staff was not particularly friendly, and the atmosphere didn't really seem to encourage spending time outside of one's own bedroom.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts