Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

Licanantay is a MUST if you are about to visit Valparaiso. The building has a really bohemic style and it is located next to the bars, shops and touristic atraccions.the staff makes everybody feel welcome!!i will definitely come back! thanks guys!!!!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Some people appear to have been unhappy with this place, but I think they have missed the point. It is a REAL HOSTEL with a real homely feel and run by two of the best characters you could wish to meet. Its perfectly safe, theres hot water, fast internet and a great breakfast. I can honestly say its one of the best places I have stayed in South America and without doubt the most characterful. Valparaiso!!!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Finland

We had a brilliant time at Licanantay! The HOSTEL had a great vibe, was clean and the owner made sure we didn´t go hungry with a huge breakfast and BBQs in the evening. The bar and living area were a good place to mill around and meet people. Excellent place to stay in Valparaiso.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

A nice hostel, located in a 5-10 minute walk from pretty much everything important. The Wi-Fi is fast and the breakfast nice (cereal is nice for a change!). The only real downside is that the hostel is located above a restaurant \ bar which can get really (!) noisy at night.

I had a great time in valparaiso and hostal licanantay was a big part of the reason for it, the staff was really friendly and the people staying there were crazy fun and also really diverse, from all over the world. i would recomend this hostel to anyone passing through valpo

We liked the atmosfere in the HOSTEL a lot, especially evenings. The staff is helpful, the kitchen well equipped. Nothing to complain about. We recommand a lot!

Nice and friendly staff! Good value for money!

Great location and a cool cosy hostel with nice big lockers and a nice atmosphere :) we spent new year here and had a bbq on the street followed by a great night in the city! Would definitely recommend :)

• 30th Dec 2014

The staff was not nice, even if it was written on their door that they were available if you knocked on the door, it was not true. One morning, I had to wait from 8.30am to 10am to ask them to turn on the hot water and then make my check-out. And there is not enough lockers for everyone in the rooms, but hopefully I could change my dorm.

Well the beds in this hostel really need to be renewed. My mattress had the shape of a hammock. I've slept in many uncomfortable places, but I guess this bed was honestly one of the worst. Overall it was an ok stay, the thing that bothered me more than the bed was, that because the whole staff went out and were hangover, they left us the next morning with a breakfast without bread. When we complained they said, 'well bread is not included in the breakfast'. I did meet some cool people here.

The hostel is located above a bar that played very loud music until very late in the night (3 or 4am). Also, the two bathrooms were always occupied. There is no front desk, you just have to search for an employee. And they employees weren't particularly helpful when we wanted to have a taxi called for us. And the breakfast was minimal, and the kitchen needed some repairs and more spaces to sit.

• 6th Dec 2014

Very nice hostel. Rooms were very comfortable with a very nice living space. Everything was fine, staff was awesome, there to make everyone feel comfortable with whatever they needed, and fostered a very positive environment. The hostel itself was nice and clean. Breakfast is awesome. Traditional heritage house in a great location in Valparaiso. Best hostel I have stayed at so far! Thanks!!

Super nice staff (Thanks Dimi!), nice dorms, perfect location for party people! We had a VERY GOOD night and meet nice people there!

I liked this place, really central and funky. Has everything you need really. Hot showers were great. Thanks to the friendly staff, very nice feel and vibe. Hopefully see you all again, I want to come back to Valparaiso now! (hopefully in January) Cheers P

I had a great stay. Clean, non-expensive, and a cool team running the joint. Excellent location in Valpo. Sweet artwork on the walls.

The staff doesn't really know anything about Valparaiso... We asked for advice a few times and got sent in the wrong direction! My bed smelled like body odor. Also, for a group of girls traveling it might not be a very safe location. But, it is a hostel and it's not expensive, so all in all it was okay.

The rooms were very clean and the accommodations were great. Breakfast provided was adequate. Close to bars and nigthclubs. Overall, a great value for the cost.

I really didn't like it. The place is an old house that needs several repairs urgently! It's very dirty and It felt like the blankets wasn't clean. The bed was terrible and there were not even a single power outlet at the room to charge my phone. I do not recomend it.

If you want to party then this would be a good hostel to stay at. The staff are friendly and there are a lot of bars around here. If you want a quiet hostel though I'd recommend staying somewhere else.