Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

The spanish couple in charge of the hostel are amazing: lively, helpul... The atmosphere was aweome, there´s a very nice bar with live music at the bottom (can be a bit noisy but that didnt bother me). I recommend !! Cheers

• 8th Aug 2014

Loud until 6am:( Musty. On the whole clean and breakfast acceptable.

• 13th May 2014

Good location. Basic hostel, but cant argue for the price.

With this hostel... you get what you pay for.

• 10th Apr 2014

It was basic, relatively clean and acceptable for cheap accommodation but I was accidentally overcharge (I should have checked) a few dollars. I booked online paid a portion upfront but when I went to pay I was charged 6500 pesos instead of 6000 and my prepayment wasn't factored in. It amounted to about $3.50 US. Hardly the end of the world but would have gotten better accomodation for that extra money. I wouldn't go back. Friendly staff but disorganized and poorly managed.

Nice hostel with a good location. The kitchen was good with all equipment needed and the beds the most comfortable ones on the whole trip! Bad/broken lockers though and no reception which can be bad if u arrive in the middle of the night.. They had no computer for the bookings so u bring your reservation nr. Really good price for what you get.

Central location, with all the major places of interest within walking distance. Fully equipped kitchen and free wi fi excellent. Laundry service quick, efficient and cheap! The breakfast is a bit poor and the staff is not always detectable, but in general I think is one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective solutions for exploring the beautiful Valparaíso... Very recommended!

Good location, comfy beds, nice atmosphere!

• 29th Mar 2014