Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

Loud until 6am:( Musty. On the whole clean and breakfast acceptable.

• 13th May 2014

Good location. Basic hostel, but cant argue for the price.

With this hostel... you get what you pay for.

• 10th Apr 2014

It was basic, relatively clean and acceptable for cheap accommodation but I was accidentally overcharge (I should have checked) a few dollars. I booked online paid a portion upfront but when I went to pay I was charged 6500 pesos instead of 6000 and my prepayment wasn't factored in. It amounted to about $3.50 US. Hardly the end of the world but would have gotten better accomodation for that extra money. I wouldn't go back. Friendly staff but disorganized and poorly managed.

Nice hostel with a good location. The kitchen was good with all equipment needed and the beds the most comfortable ones on the whole trip! Bad/broken lockers though and no reception which can be bad if u arrive in the middle of the night.. They had no computer for the bookings so u bring your reservation nr. Really good price for what you get.

Central location, with all the major places of interest within walking distance. Fully equipped kitchen and free wi fi excellent. Laundry service quick, efficient and cheap! The breakfast is a bit poor and the staff is not always detectable, but in general I think is one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective solutions for exploring the beautiful Valparaíso... Very recommended!

Good location, comfy beds, nice atmosphere!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Romania

Very welcoming made me feel at home. Lovely communal feel lots of sharing of food. Staff are amazing I came for 2 nights and stayed for 2 weeks.

• 14th Mar 2014

this hostel was really dirty and due to being on top of a bar that plays music so loud that it vibrates your bed until 4 in the morning, sleeping was difficult. it was tiny and people gather outside on the street as there is no other outdoor area. hot water was also sparce. you get what you pay for though i guess. the other guests were lovely on the plus side

• 26th Feb 2014

Get what you pay for. Hot water comes and goes, slightly dodgy linen etc. Having said that, good location, friendly staff, decent wifi and nice atmosphere.

I stayed for some days here and I would rally recommend it! Very helpful and friendly staff, good atmosphere, it is a great place to get to know some people and to spent a good time in Valparaiso!! I will come back, thats for sure!

staffs are not kind enough. There's no reception. but, good point is its price.

Very dirty and no warm water. But great location and chill atmosphere.

Dear, At the check in we explain to every guest how to turn on the water heater, you could always ask the staff too for any help. We try to keep clean the shared areas including the dorms but some guests don't take care about keeping clean the kitchen, bathrooms or dorms after using it. We will try to make it better. Have a nice trip Kind regards

When i arrived at 11.00 no one opened the door. The 'reception' was still sleeping and an other guest opened the door after I knocked for 10 minutes on the door. Not very hospitable. The rooms are very small and its pretty noisy.