Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

I enjoyed a lot this hostel. Staff was cool. The manager showed me the city and nightlife. There are so many nice bars in this city.... The best of the hostel were the beds, so big and soft... I totally recommend this place.

I can't fault this place. The staff were really attentive, friendly and knowledgable. I meant to stay for one day but extended to a week. It felt like home away from home- loaded with heaps of fun and a lovely crew of people who are now friends. The location is awesome, I am so glad this isn't a hostel at the top of the hill, (that would be annoying.) This place has a lot of character, it's not a 5 star HOTEL and doesn't try to be, it's warm, friendly and I will be back!

This hostel is cheap and in a good location and has breakfast, but it's really dirty, especially the kitchen. If cleanliness is your thing don't stay here. Staff were always sitting around maybe they should hire a cleaner

Much Party, bad beds, but good location, breakfast included and not expensive

Licanantay is a MUST if you are about to visit Valparaiso. The building has a really bohemic style and it is located next to the bars, shops and touristic atraccions.the staff makes everybody feel welcome!!i will definitely come back! thanks guys!!!!

Some people appear to have been unhappy with this place, but I think they have missed the point. It is a REAL HOSTEL with a real homely feel and run by two of the best characters you could wish to meet. Its perfectly safe, theres hot water, fast internet and a great breakfast. I can honestly say its one of the best places I have stayed in South America and without doubt the most characterful. Valparaiso!!!

We had a brilliant time at Licanantay! The HOSTEL had a great vibe, was clean and the owner made sure we didn´t go hungry with a huge breakfast and BBQs in the evening. The bar and living area were a good place to mill around and meet people. Excellent place to stay in Valparaiso.

A nice hostel, located in a 5-10 minute walk from pretty much everything important. The Wi-Fi is fast and the breakfast nice (cereal is nice for a change!). The only real downside is that the hostel is located above a restaurant \ bar which can get really (!) noisy at night.

I had a great time in valparaiso and hostal licanantay was a big part of the reason for it, the staff was really friendly and the people staying there were crazy fun and also really diverse, from all over the world. i would recomend this hostel to anyone passing through valpo

We liked the atmosfere in the HOSTEL a lot, especially evenings. The staff is helpful, the kitchen well equipped. Nothing to complain about. We recommand a lot!

Nice and friendly staff! Good value for money!

Great location and a cool cosy hostel with nice big lockers and a nice atmosphere :) we spent new year here and had a bbq on the street followed by a great night in the city! Would definitely recommend :)

• 30th Dec 2014