Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

Really loved our stay here. It's a great size so there's constantly a nice atmosphere without being too crowded. The breakfast is amazing and the staff are so friendly and helpful. would definitely recommend staying here if you're visiting Valparaiso.

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Austria

The staff are pathetic

Nice staff, friendly atmosphere, hot showers and an unreal location. This is the type of relaxed hostel with cool vibe for me. I liked the artworks on the walls too. Thanks for all the help Felipe! great city I enjoyed so much.

• 12th Jan 2016

Thanks for having me! What a great city and hostel. Really fun communal vibe, and lots of great advice. I will recommend everything about Valpo and Licanantay :)

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Norway

I booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 7. This place is addictive and the staff are absolutely fantastic. The beds are really comfortable. The area is great. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Austria

Nice hostel with friendly staff. There are only 3 bathrooms and everything is quite small but it was ok. I was there for New Year's Eve and we had a great time and the staff showed us where we could go watch the fireworks and party.

No the best area to stay. Uncomfortable beds.

Good little hostel, especially for the price. Found it hard to get a smile out of some of the staff but overall I had a good time. Common room and kitchen is locked from midnight - 9am which can be a bit annoying if you want to do anything early in the morning. Would stay again, breakfast is good and kitchen is well stocked

Alright hostel close to the center, in the middle of a hill. Bathrooms were alright, staff not always available but friendly, wifi was good, comfy beds.

Pros: location was close to lots of good restaurants and bars, Wifi was ok Cons: you either have lots of noise from the street or no windows at all, staff were apathetic and disorganised (seemed like we were an inconvenience to them) and overbooked the hostel, only 3 dirty bathrooms, overall filthy, terrible mattresses, only 2 plugs for 12 beds. I'm not so sure how this hostel has such good ratings everyone there seemed unhappy. Not the worst hostel we've stayed in but definitely not the best.

Well equipped kitchen, breakfast included, warm showers and washing machine in house - however more staff than guests when I was there. May have just been because it was Sunday/Monday after Halloween but still pretty lonely! Dorm on corner of noisy-ish road but still slept fine. Little bit shabby and shame it didn't have more atmosphere but rear value for money and good location for bars.

Very nice Valparaiso and I liked the hostel to the staf is nice and has very good relationship with tourists, are always attentive to questions about the sector I recommend.

• 24th Oct 2015

Awesome hostel and the people are very welcoming. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Chile

I love the place. Amazing vibe. Felipe is really friendly. Thanks to all the people there, specially Felipe for helping us to find interesting things to do in Valpo.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Chile

Nice staff, friendly atmosphere, hot showers and good location.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel with great guys working there. One of them takes you on a relaxed walking tour for the whole day, grabbing a beer or lunch whenever you want.

• 20th Sep 2015

I found this hostel to be perfect for me. First of all the location is great,

Great location amongst the beautiful streets and city Fantastic facilities: good sturdy, comfortable beds with nice duvets in fairly spacious dorms, s

Good hostel near to the coast but away from the busy main roads. About a 20-25 minute from the bus terminal. Comfortable beds in the dorms. Great wifi throughout the hostel and a laptop for communal use. Good breakfast. Hot showers. Friendly staff who can help with anything.

It seemed like I was staying in a friendly drug addicts house. Everybody is very nice but there's just so much dirt everywhere it drove me a bit crazy. I dropped my, already filthy looking, pillow off my bed and when I picked it up,it had a layer of dust on it. When I left I also noticed there was dust on everything. The breakfast is dull, cereal then bread and Jam. The same issue of the gas running out happened to me, cold showers aren't fun. I'm sure this is a fun place if you're a bit 'hippy'

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7