Hostal Licanantay Reviews

Guillermo Rivera 316, Valparaiso, Chile

Super nice staff (Thanks Dimi!), nice dorms, perfect location for party people! We had a VERY GOOD night and meet nice people there!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Japan

I liked this place, really central and funky. Has everything you need really. Hot showers were great. Thanks to the friendly staff, very nice feel and vibe. Hopefully see you all again, I want to come back to Valparaiso now! (hopefully in January) Cheers P

I had a great stay. Clean, non-expensive, and a cool team running the joint. Excellent location in Valpo. Sweet artwork on the walls.

The staff doesn't really know anything about Valparaiso... We asked for advice a few times and got sent in the wrong direction! My bed smelled like body odor. Also, for a group of girls traveling it might not be a very safe location. But, it is a hostel and it's not expensive, so all in all it was okay.

The rooms were very clean and the accommodations were great. Breakfast provided was adequate. Close to bars and nigthclubs. Overall, a great value for the cost.

I really didn't like it. The place is an old house that needs several repairs urgently! It's very dirty and It felt like the blankets wasn't clean. The bed was terrible and there were not even a single power outlet at the room to charge my phone. I do not recomend it.

If you want to party then this would be a good hostel to stay at. The staff are friendly and there are a lot of bars around here. If you want a quiet hostel though I'd recommend staying somewhere else.

This place feels like home, located in a great area for street art and dining. The staff is awesome and very welcoming, the kitchen is nice if you wish to cook and you cannot beat the price.

The beds are really comfy, staff helpful and I met cool people. Recommended!

The spanish couple in charge of the hostel are amazing: lively, helpul... The atmosphere was aweome, there´s a very nice bar with live music at the bottom (can be a bit noisy but that didnt bother me). I recommend !! Cheers

• 8th Aug 2014

Loud until 6am:( Musty. On the whole clean and breakfast acceptable.

• 13th May 2014

Good location. Basic hostel, but cant argue for the price.

With this hostel... you get what you pay for.

• 10th Apr 2014

It was basic, relatively clean and acceptable for cheap accommodation but I was accidentally overcharge (I should have checked) a few dollars. I booked online paid a portion upfront but when I went to pay I was charged 6500 pesos instead of 6000 and my prepayment wasn't factored in. It amounted to about $3.50 US. Hardly the end of the world but would have gotten better accomodation for that extra money. I wouldn't go back. Friendly staff but disorganized and poorly managed.

Nice hostel with a good location. The kitchen was good with all equipment needed and the beds the most comfortable ones on the whole trip! Bad/broken lockers though and no reception which can be bad if u arrive in the middle of the night.. They had no computer for the bookings so u bring your reservation nr. Really good price for what you get.

Central location, with all the major places of interest within walking distance. Fully equipped kitchen and free wi fi excellent. Laundry service quick, efficient and cheap! The breakfast is a bit poor and the staff is not always detectable, but in general I think is one of the most comprehensive and cost-effective solutions for exploring the beautiful Valparaíso... Very recommended!

Good location, comfy beds, nice atmosphere!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Romania

Very welcoming made me feel at home. Lovely communal feel lots of sharing of food. Staff are amazing I came for 2 nights and stayed for 2 weeks.

• 14th Mar 2014

this hostel was really dirty and due to being on top of a bar that plays music so loud that it vibrates your bed until 4 in the morning, sleeping was difficult. it was tiny and people gather outside on the street as there is no other outdoor area. hot water was also sparce. you get what you pay for though i guess. the other guests were lovely on the plus side

• 26th Feb 2014

Get what you pay for. Hot water comes and goes, slightly dodgy linen etc. Having said that, good location, friendly staff, decent wifi and nice atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7