Hostal Luz Reviews

Calle de las Fuentes 10, 3o izq., Madrid, Spain

For what I paid, the hostel was fine, with one notable exception: my room had ants. I spotted numerous ants in the room; one the floor, on the bedside table, and all over the bathroom.

• 19th May 2015

The rooms and location here were perfectly fine, but my issue is with the staff. Check in time was much later than 12, which is listed, and when my room was ready I was given a twin room despite having booked a double. The woman at reception was entirely apathetic about it and basically told me there was nothing she would do about it. She then complained about the size of my luggage and accused me of having more people than I was allowed in the room. Horrible. Stay someplace else.

Very Nice place, everything was very clean, even the shared bathrooms, always clean! Very well located, really close to a metro station and you can go walking To some must see places!

nice hotel, friendly staff breakfast should be definitely more ;)

The location of the hostel was great and a good value for the money. I learned they were serious about the no 24 hr reception. I had to check-out of my room at 7:30am on a Monday to catch a flight that morning and there was no one at the reception desk and no way to contact someone so I almost missed my flight.

We stayed with my friend for three nights. The room was clean and ready as we expected. The only but very small problem was that the walls are too thin and you hear people from other rooms. Otherwise we enjoyed it, the locations is perfect and staff was very nice!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

DONT GO!!! MY BIGGEST MISTAKE. I WOULD NOT suggest this place for anyone. The Hostal have two sides: Modern (as the photos) and TOO OLD as don't show here. I was in the WROSE part. Old, mold smelling, TOO NOISE from staffs and peoples, curtain really bad with all lights coming in. They changed our bedroom 3times. 1 day didn't have hot water and another day we had shower in the another side. The staffs don't speak English. I booked a private double bed and they gave me twin beds all time.

• 28th Jan 2015

very loud cleaning staff (carts crashing into things, loud talking and singing), orange light in the room above the door (made it difficult to sleep and not possible to switch off), not the most friendly atmosphere in general. WiFi signal in room was sort of weak. On the bring side, extremely clean, nice room, and excellent location.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts