Hostal Luz Reviews

Calle de las Fuentes 10, 3o izq., Madrid, Spain

nice hotel, friendly staff breakfast should be definitely more ;)

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Austria

The location of the hostel was great and a good value for the money. I learned they were serious about the no 24 hr reception. I had to check-out of my room at 7:30am on a Monday to catch a flight that morning and there was no one at the reception desk and no way to contact someone so I almost missed my flight.

We stayed with my friend for three nights. The room was clean and ready as we expected. The only but very small problem was that the walls are too thin and you hear people from other rooms. Otherwise we enjoyed it, the locations is perfect and staff was very nice!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

DONT GO!!! MY BIGGEST MISTAKE. I WOULD NOT suggest this place for anyone. The Hostal have two sides: Modern (as the photos) and TOO OLD as don't show here. I was in the WROSE part. Old, mold smelling, TOO NOISE from staffs and peoples, curtain really bad with all lights coming in. They changed our bedroom 3times. 1 day didn't have hot water and another day we had shower in the another side. The staffs don't speak English. I booked a private double bed and they gave me twin beds all time.

• 28th Jan 2015

very loud cleaning staff (carts crashing into things, loud talking and singing), orange light in the room above the door (made it difficult to sleep and not possible to switch off), not the most friendly atmosphere in general. WiFi signal in room was sort of weak. On the bring side, extremely clean, nice room, and excellent location.

Very happy with my stay at the hostel. The hostel is in a good central location, it met my needs and the staff were friendly.

Hostal Luz - Forget it !!!!!! The owner is incredibly unfriendly and respectless. My friend was only allowed to enter the hostel for 10 minutes and was pleased to leave again as she was not a guest. I planned to stay for 7 nights, but only received 5 breakfast vouchers. The breakfast is in a restaurant close to the hostel. When i decided to check out after two days I was forced to give back 5 breakfast vouchers instead of 3. Moreover, the women who clean the rooms are very loud in the morning!

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts