Hostal Machin Reviews

Calle Valverde 9, 4, Madrid, Spain

The two receptionists that I talked with during my two days stay were very gentle and helpfull. The hostel is 50 (or so) meters away from the main street "Gran Via" and very close to the subway but it's very calm. Not fancy, small rooms and old furniture but extremely clean. Both bathrooms were always clean (and i mean always). 70 euros total, two persons, two nights, good value for money. If I come back i will choose this hostel again

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

So this hostel is great for cleanliness and was relatively quiet. I even got fresh towels each day. But don't stay here if you're looking to meet other hostel travelers, cause theres no common area or free brochures. Also my room had a window that opened to the hallway and it was incredibly hot in there. Probably not bad in the winter...but in 34 degree madrid it was brutal.

kitchen could have been better equipped, cutlery and plates would be nice.

The location is very accessible and very safe. The staff here are also very friendly!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

One of the best placea where I have been stayed.

Nice hostel, very clean. Secure, cool staff. I would definitely come back.

The hostel is gorgeous! The rooms were full of beautiful, dark-wood furniture. The staff were very friendly, and one spoke english very well. The bathrooms were clean and well-kept. The kitchen was very basic, you couldn't cook in there if you wanted to but you can heat up left-overs in the microwave (so don't plan on cooking!!). There is a bar right outside of the hostel that is really loud on weekends, but you can deal with it if you are used to noise. Overall, I really enjoyed it!

Well, this place is well located, and that's all. Well, it is also clean and safe. But staff will give you no information, no assistance, not even a smile. They say they have A/C, but just when they think its hot enough, otherwise it will be denied to you. * Please note that this place is located in front of a really NOISY bar, so, you will not be able to sleep until 6:00am, when party is ending * This is not a bad option, but you may find something better for sure.

Quite perfect, must say

• 15th May 2014
  • Chile

We stayed here during our overnight layovers to and from Morocco. It's very clean and convenient, just off Gran Via and an easy walk to Puerta del Sol, restaurants, and cafes.

Very good place to stay, I do recommend it,

• 12th May 2014

The hostel is good if you are with someone. The room is shared and clean. It wasnt the biggest, but we didnt find any problem. We recomend the hostel.

• 3rd May 2014

This place was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at and was great for the price too.

• 21st Apr 2014

very clean and good location to tour. and it had refrigerator and microwave! and compared to other rooms it was quite big. however the next building is popular pub. so i could not sleep well on friday. so bad.

This is cheap place near the city center. It is located right in front of a nightclub, so very noisy and our window did not close properly. Furthermore, we could no regulate the heating, so we had to leave the window open anyway. Beds were really short (170cm approx). I would not recommend this place.

Lord customer our sincere apologies for what happened, but you stayed several nights with us and we can not understand why you not tell us anything, then surely we would solved your problem . Our beds are 1,90cm x 0.90cm it is normal for this kind hostel ,thank you and forgive the inconvenience ...

Poor shower. Host not really friendly and the surrounding streets are messy. Not recommend for single girl stay there.

The streets around us are not a disaster neither have danger to anyone .We are just in the center of Madrid and especially the weekends we have many people in the streets celebrating .

very good location near chueca (gay quarter) and gran via. a small terrasse to smoke or to take the breakfast and a good coffee with a machine. very cleen

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts