Hostal Machin Reviews

Calle Valverde 9, 4, Madrid, Spain

Good Value

• 1st Sep 2015

Great location! The owner was super friendly and helpful and really wanted us to have a great time in Madrid! Clean, friendly, safe and great wifi! Couldn't ask for much more!

We loved staying here. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Our first room had a fridge, which was really good when we stay for more than one night. Our second room didn't have a fridge, but a shower. We didn't use the shower though, because it was in the entrance of the room and there was no separate window. The shared bathrooms are great anyways, with real showers (not just stalls) and everything. It felt homely. Definitely recommend this hostel!

• 28th Jun 2015

It was very nice stay in hostal machin! The staff are good! The price and the location are very good too! There was a small refrigerator and a Lavatory in our room, what I think is very nice and make easy a lot of thinks. Thank you hostal machin!

After four times I consider this hostel to be my home in madrid. The location is superb (10 m. from Gran Via, 5 min. walk from Plaza Del Sol) but in quiet street and The staff (although some of them do not speak fluent English, but ah, so do I) are helpful, patient (even with a not so patient and sometimes rude Israeli like me) and always with the latest news about soccer. the bathrooms are shared, but always clean. the rooms I stays in had aircondition. the beds are little old. Or

The location is amazing (very close to gran via metro station) and the rooms were clean, however the only window we got was to the hallway so it felt claustrophobic at times and unbearably hot with no AC. Also, my friend had her money and watch stolen and the only people to have gone in the room while we were gone was the cleaner.. So USE THE LOCKERS! Not safe and the staff were quite unfriendly and didn't help the situation and they were never at the desk. Won't be returning.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I am sorry that your expectations in Madrid were not the appropriate, but what you can not allow is that we unjustly accused of robbery in your room, first because you not wanted daily cleaning in your room and secondly you violated our rules sleeping with people not hosted in our hostel. Manager .

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts