Hostal Machin Reviews

Calle Valverde 9, 4, Madrid, Spain

After four times I consider this hostel to be my home in madrid. The location is superb (10 m. from Gran Via, 5 min. walk from Plaza Del Sol) but in quiet street and The staff (although some of them do not speak fluent English, but ah, so do I) are helpful, patient (even with a not so patient and sometimes rude Israeli like me) and always with the latest news about soccer. the bathrooms are shared, but always clean. the rooms I stays in had aircondition. the beds are little old. Or

The location is amazing (very close to gran via metro station) and the rooms were clean, however the only window we got was to the hallway so it felt claustrophobic at times and unbearably hot with no AC. Also, my friend had her money and watch stolen and the only people to have gone in the room while we were gone was the cleaner.. So USE THE LOCKERS! Not safe and the staff were quite unfriendly and didn't help the situation and they were never at the desk. Won't be returning.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I am sorry that your expectations in Madrid were not the appropriate, but what you can not allow is that we unjustly accused of robbery in your room, first because you not wanted daily cleaning in your room and secondly you violated our rules sleeping with people not hosted in our hostel. Manager .

Great location and good facilities, staff is also very helpful

Pro's: Very nice and helpful staff. 2 minutes to Gran Via metro station - perfect. Cable TV - nice Mini-refrigerator and a sink in room - comfortable. A balcony to have a cofee or a cigarette - lovely. Con's: Found none. Sure worth it's price, definetely gonna stay there the next time i visit Madrid.

• 3rd Jan 2015