Hostal Madrid Reviews

Caller Esparteros, 6, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Normally I want hostels with a "young person" vibe and lots of activities, but I was staying with my Dad here for the weekend, and this was exactly what we were looking for! It was basically like a hotel with nice, but simple, accommodations. Quiet. Warm shower with great water pressure. Cute balcony. The BEST BEST location-- walking distance from everywhere. I was worried about it being too loud in the middle of the night, but we had no issues. Friendly staff.

The location was excellent, right next to Puerta del Sol, subway station, shops, restaurants etc. However, the staff ruined our first day of the trip (which by 4-day trip is a real loss) by threatening us with some Spanish travel laws that according to our embassy don't apply for the citizens of other countries. We were denied our triple room and were forced to upgrade (for additional fee) to an apartment, which I don’t find fair. The building was also terribly noisy.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts