Hostal Marpez Reviews

Crisantemos 20,S.M.22, Cancun, Mexico

The Hostal Marpez is way run down, very old matresses, furniture very old, Bathroom in our Dorm (11People) was cleaned only every 4th day. Security lacks. The Reception is closed after 10 p.m. with locks & fence but the entrance is open to anyone who wants to enter the building. 2nd Floor is occupied by "permanent residence" people who are using the kitchen permanently. Very dirty kitchen with way to less stuff to use. Hostel Staff can't give any advice on things to do in Cancun. Poor English.

We reached there and no one was there at reception the first day and second day gate was closed. No one picked when we called the number on the website. The atmosphere wasn't that healthy and neat. We had to look elsewhere to stay.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • India

I could not stay in this hostel. I arrived at 21:30 and the reception was closed. I tried to call the phone number on the door and there was no answer. I kept waiting, ringing the bell and phoning for about 30 minutes, but had no answer. Eventually, I had to leave and find a hotel to spend the night. It cost me a lot o money since it is busy period and all places around were full.

The staff did not acknowledge that I had paid part of my stay online, they usually close the reception very early, the bed was extremely uncomfortable (which is not acceptable considering the fact that this hostel is twice as expensive as others in the area) and the shower was of poor quality as well. I would not recommend this hostel, especially as there are better options nearby (I later went to Hotel Batab, which was much better and even cheaper since we shared a room with my friends).

• 21st Dec 2015

Kitchen was very dirty and the mattress was the most uncomfortable I slept on in a long time. Also as we had a private room we paid a lot and got an entire dorm to ourselves. I recommend not to offer private room for this high price as guest expect more.