Hostal Marsella Reviews

Ríos N 12-139 y Espinoza, Quito, Ecuador

Good hostal, same price for your own room than a dormitario in a other place, the owner is cool, it's clean, it's safe, close to the center and bus. I recomand it ;)

Staff was very rude. Originally booked 4 nights, but upon arrival disliked atmosphere (stoners and loud music) and the room (needed Wi-Fi for work, but they couldn't allocate me a room with that). So I chose to leave and offered to pay the rest of the money from my deposit for the first night. They told me to pay a full nights worth more. I tried to explain them about the deposit, they got angry and kept trying to call someone. I felt uncomfortable and ended up paying almost double for the night

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

The owner and staff members are all very welcoming and helpful. Our room was spacious and the bed was comfy. Wifi worked well. Great value. Would definitely stay again!!

If I come back to Quito, hostel Marsella is my place. For $10 a night, it feels like a hotel. Highly recommend

It's the second time I stayed here and would do again. I had a single en suite which was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Located in a nice area and about a ten minute walk to the centre of the historical town. A minutes walk from a bus stop and a supermarket. Very good value.

Modern, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed in a spacious room, and with friendly, welcoming staff.

Everything was good, I thought when you say bed and breakfast,that the breakfast was included

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Trinidad And Tobago

Very good rooms, which are good value for money. However the staff although friendly were not perticuarly helpful mainly due to thier lack of English. My biggest complaint is the noice, all day every day you have kids and adults screaming. It seemed to be being used as a residential place for a few familys, children running everywhere and screaming adults! I was glad to get out I am a young guy who enjoys a night out but you need ti respect other guests and the staff did not help at all.

This place is great value in a great location. Yeah the people working there don't speak good English but they will try very hard to help you . It's in a great location amazing value for money quiet for Ecuador and cheap. The only thing is to share bathrooms on each floor but for the price that is a tiny fault . Would recommend

• 3rd Nov 2014