Hostal Martin Reviews

Calle Atocha 43, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Hostal Martin is like an hotel with private rooms but the building is shared with other hostals . This causes a little unsafe. You hear other room's voices and there was a lot of sound around. Stuff was kind and helpful .

We had a really nice stay at Hostal Martin. We stayed in a private room with an attached bath. The location was great right near a metro station which could get you all over the city and within walking distance there are many great restaurants, night life and shopping. The room was very clean, there is 24 hour staff at the front desk which made us feel safe and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a lock box in our room that was 1 euro every time you wanted to lock it. Great place!

We booked this hostel halfway through a 3 week long trip and the main reasons we chose Hostal Martin were location, price, and laundry facilities. The room was ok, very dated and they had no laundry, even though it was listed. They also didn't have a cafe so I don't know why these are listed on their Hostel World page but it should be updated. Otherwise, it was a good location and inexpensive, but would probably choose elsewhere next time.

Unlike what was advertised on Hostelworld.com, my room was not air conditioned. It was very hot in Madrid and it was over 80 degrees in the room. The staff told me that they were not allowed by law to turn on the central air in the building before June 15. Even if this is true, they should put that in the hostel description. They could put individual AC units in the rooms - there was one in the hostel office. The wifi was very slow, but I managed to book another room on Orbitz and left.

Good value for money. I was glad to choose this hostel for my four-night stay in Madrid. Convenient location, near to Atocha rail station, easy to get to Plaza Mayor and walking distance to other tourist attractions. Clean room with an air con unit, approachable staff, free luggage space available after check out.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Our room was clean and very nicely decorated, even better than what is shown on the site. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to us. Our only complaint is that our room was down the hall from the front desk, which can be very loud when people are checking in/out. But the hostel is in a pretty central area close to many busy neighborhoods, which is very convenient. It is about 20-25 minute walk from the Atocha train station, but take a cab so you don't have to walk uphill with luggage.

Smoking Room, old building.

Probably the best place I stayed on my whole vacation. The value for a private room is very high.

View all Madrid Bed and Breakfasts