Hostal Mayapan Reviews

Zona Hotelera Km 8.5, Cancun, Mexico

I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there. Horrible I couldn't wait to leave.

• 17th Mar 2015

No wifi in the rooms and not really any common area. The location is good, but the hostel is inside of some sort of shopping complex. We stayed in the 20-dorm bed, and it was extremely loud. If you're looking for a good night sleep, I would highly recommend going somewhere else.

Location is amazing! Within walking distance to beach and bars. The hostel has some great potential but is all in all a bit weird... The whole place smells a bit weird, the staff aren't super helpful and there is no common room for meeting people. If you prefer somewhere quiet where you're not in the hostel very much I'd recommend this place.

Some of the staff was nice, some was rude and nasty. They gave us the wrong key to our room and at 1am we figured this out and had to exchange it. Location is right in town, but not 30 meters from the beach. We were 2 friends in an all female dorm and instead of giving us bunk beds, they asked us to share a full size bed....um, I didn't pay for 2 people so we could share a bed of that size...there were plenty of vacant bunk beds.

• 23rd Feb 2015

it was the cheapest I could fine at the time in Cancun. the hostel is alright, everything is very standard, the bunkers are clean and wide. it's a cheap place if you chill out or party in cancun for a few days.

The place has an excellent location to the main strip and main beaches, love the atmosphere and over all the price. Would stay there again.

great for a cheap stay in zona hotelera, rooms weren't the cleanest but overall it was easy to access the beach and clubs