Hostal Miralva Reviews

Valverde 32, 1�izq., Madrid, Spain

My boyfriend and I stayed in a 6-person bedroom for 5 nights at Miralva. It was absolutely wonderful! Hector (the owner) is from Cuba and very friendly. I'm not sure about his English because we spoke a lot of Spanish/Italianish (my boyfriend is Italian and we both speak fluently). I saw another woman there clean the private bathrooms 2-3 times while we were there, they were always clean and the towels were free. Our room was the "noisy room" next to the street but we never had trouble sleeping.

The hostel staff were very polite and friendly. The room was comfy and homely. 5 minutes from Gran Via metro and there is a nice little supermarket just to the left when you leave. Would stay again.

• 24th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel! Staff only speaks Spanish, so it was a nice experience as a Spanish speaker myself.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was a great place to stay for cheap for our one night in Madrid. It was centrally located. It wasn't anything special but for what we paid it was definitely worth it. And the owner was very friendly and the language gap wasn't an issue

Good security with the key system. Thicker, darker blinds por favor.

The location is really perfect. The rooms are big with high ceilings. The place looks a little old and used but nothing to be bothered with when you look at the price. Nice people as well, didn't speak English but was barely an issue.

Doors very noisy and walls very thin. Entirely family run so there is an immediate distance that you must respect between you and them (it being their home) and because they are >50 so a tad out of touch with modern culture. Very nice people though.

A nice hostel, very close to the centre, in the area with lots of bars and restaurants. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.

It was very quite, and I had hoped for more people to party with.

• 30th Jan 2015

The showers are warm and there are enough that you never had to wait. However, the room itself was freezing cold and I ended up sleeping in my coat. There are no communal areas or kitchens etc, it really is just a bed. The staff was not friendly, and while the location is central, it is hard to find.

• 30th Jan 2015

They Don t have a comon Kitchen or living room to hang around with other travellers.consequently no breakfast included There is barely Half metre from a bed to the Next one. They d better install dorms instead with such small rooms.besides i left my backpaper and the employee charged me for it. On the other side water was Hot and a sink in the bedroom useful.