Hostal Miralva Reviews

Valverde 32, 1�izq., Madrid, Spain

Really central location, easy to get around everywhere. The staff are really nice too. The facilities are ok and I think it's good enough for a short stay.

It is a simple hostal, nothing special, just as I expected it. It is located very central and with only 19€ per night on the night of December 31st to January 1st very cheap. The staff is nice, though they only speak Spanish and a few words of English, which was no problem for me, but shouldebe known by everybody not able to understand spanish.

• 30th Dec 2015

I wish there were better lockers - everyone in the room needed to share a small coin-operated box on the wall for valuables.

It was just one night and it was good. There's a man in about his fifties working there and he was nice to me, told me about some places I should see. I had no problems there.

very good place to stay in the heart of madrid

Cute place, sweet lady who runs it!

• 14th Nov 2015

Our stay in Hostel Miralva was nice. The location of the hostal is very good, just a 5 minutes walk from metro station Gran Via. This is the main street with a lot of possibilities to go shopping, having sth to eat, or do some sightseeing. In the hostal you can buy coffee out of a machine (0,85€) or other cold drinks. If you want to put your luggage there after the check out, it costs 2€ each.

• 14th Nov 2015

Excellent location. Overall clean place but it's very old. Place doesn't have much signage to tell you where it is so make sure your looking out for it. It has a small plaque on the inside of a door saying Maralva and then you go up to the first floor and ring a bell to get inside the hostel. Would stay here again for the good price and location.

The room was ok, but it was freezing cold! The isolation of the room was quite poor and the radiators weren't activated. When we asked for it at the reception they wouldn't do it either. In the end we got more blankets to cover, but it seemed as if they only gave them to us because we were girls and asked really nice... still, it was cold. Another problem ist the combination of shower and toilet. It's quite annoying having to wait to go to the toilet because all of the 3 bathrooms are occupied

More like a 'pensione' rather than a hostel. No kitchen/common areas. But great location, clean facilities, secure. Couldnt ask for more.

They dont have a kitchen, not even fridge or a microwave. They have one for their personal use so every time i had to ask them to get me something . There is no place to socialise with anybody and as soon as its 11 am which is the check out time, everybody is not just asked to leave the room but also the hostel. They charge €2 to keep the luggage.

Rooms need to be bigger and more spacious, There should be breakfast included as part of the deal. The staff doesnot speak English well (though they are friendly). The hostel does not even provide city maps and metro train maps to the guests. The bathrooms are located far away from the bedrooms. There is no computer and printer for the guests to print borading passes. On top of that, the description of how to reach the place is not very clear on the website. even

Great place with great people. Made my trip to Barcelona! Will be coming back for sure

Everything was clean. Good showers, friendly staff. No common room or kitchen but a good place to rest your head for a few nigts.

The cleanliness in the bathroom can be improved. The staff at the reception was a bit strange, no receipt for the stay

There's nothing particularly wrong with this hostel, but it's one of the most boring places I've stayed. There's no common room of any kid, no kitchen, no young people, no books, no music, no events, nothing. It's just rooms and beds. The receptionist man is OK but somewhat aggressive if you want to complain about something (like the keys to the building being very tricky to use). I stayed there for a week and could barely see any other guests, and I felt I was living inside the owner's house.

Very kind and helpful staff.

I was in an 8-room dorm in Hostal Miralva and overall it was average. The old man who runs the hostal was nice but not overly friendly (he also didn't speak much English so that may be why). The room was like sleeping in your grandmothers basement with old single beds (not bunks) and old sheets. There were 3 shower / toilet rooms which seemed to be enough, but there is no common area or kitchen. The location was the best part and it was 5-minutes from the metro.

I loved it here, well after I found it! It was my first time in a hostel and my fist time in Spain, to say I was nervous is an understatement, the owner, an older gentleman was gruff but very sweet and helped make me feel safe and welcome. Location was good for tourist sightseeing and shopping! Grocery store, bars and restaurants right outside the door.

Erroneously booked wrong night, , staff member was friendly and did not charge us an additional night when we arrived a day early.

• 26th Aug 2015