Hostal Miralva Reviews

Valverde 32, 1�izq., Madrid, Spain

I cannot recommend this hostel, when we stayed it was 40 degrees outside and there was no fan or air conditioner in the rooms, I kindly asked the staff if they had a fan to put in the room because it was really hot and they just said they didn't have one. The hostel is also in the middle of a gay area so if you are a open minded person you may not care but I'm not 100% comfortable going out and have a lot of man checking on me. Also there is no common room and no atmosphere at all.

Staff at hostel is very tough and concrete about things. Head of hostel, an old man, acted so rude and we were three people. We rented for a 4 person dormitory and it was the smallest room in the world that can inhabit 4 person/ 4 bed. Showel places needs to be restorated. They show no value for clients.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel very close to Gran Via. Room was clean, we had a small en suite bath and it was clean as well. We stayed a couple of nights sleeping well without hearing so much noise. Staff is very friendly. I would reccomend it, good value for the price.

• 15th Jun 2015

I seriously enjoyed my stay. I reserved this hostel after hiking across Spain on the Camino de Santiago and the modern facilities were a nice change. The staff went out of their way to make my stay pleasant, the location was excellent and the price fit my budget.

• 15th Jun 2015

Very noisy, you can hear everything! Especially in the room next to the bathroom sleeping is almost impossible! Apart from that, we had a very noisy bed which was broken. I would not go there again.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Good stuff but a lot of noise...

• 12th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No ceiling fans no air conditioning during HOT summer days. If is unbearable to sleep in a hot room with no air circulating. Also pleAse fix the main entrance issue with the key, it is almost impossible to open the door with the malfunctioning of the door lock.

Nice little hostel. It was easy to find and located really close to Gran Vía. You can walk everywhere, I only used the Metro once - when arriving. Cleanliness was also very good, and even though there were only three bathrooms, I never had to wait. What I found a bit irritating is that the beds stand REALLY close to each other, there are only about 25 centimeters between them. I also missed a kitchen and common room, but would stay there again if necessary.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a 6-person bedroom for 5 nights at Miralva. It was absolutely wonderful! Hector (the owner) is from Cuba and very friendly. I'm not sure about his English because we spoke a lot of Spanish/Italianish (my boyfriend is Italian and we both speak fluently). I saw another woman there clean the private bathrooms 2-3 times while we were there, they were always clean and the towels were free. Our room was the "noisy room" next to the street but we never had trouble sleeping.

The hostel staff were very polite and friendly. The room was comfy and homely. 5 minutes from Gran Via metro and there is a nice little supermarket just to the left when you leave. Would stay again.

Awesome hostel! Staff only speaks Spanish, so it was a nice experience as a Spanish speaker myself.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This was a great place to stay for cheap for our one night in Madrid. It was centrally located. It wasn't anything special but for what we paid it was definitely worth it. And the owner was very friendly and the language gap wasn't an issue

Good security with the key system. Thicker, darker blinds por favor.

pretty facility. the staff was nice, but not overly helpful with advice or maps or anything like that. but it was clean and in a good location and we were able to find our own way around.

The location is really perfect. The rooms are big with high ceilings. The place looks a little old and used but nothing to be bothered with when you look at the price. Nice people as well, didn't speak English but was barely an issue.

Doors very noisy and walls very thin. Entirely family run so there is an immediate distance that you must respect between you and them (it being their home) and because they are >50 so a tad out of touch with modern culture. Very nice people though.

A nice hostel, very close to the centre, in the area with lots of bars and restaurants. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.